Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Seats for TA22 Sat, 02 August 2003 20:49 Go to next message
Gidday

I would be interested in some of the options that people have taken for setas in a TA22. I have Honda seats in my TA23 and they look great and work well. However the effort of fitting them was significant and required an engineers certificate. The box section across the floor under the front of the seat seems to restrict options as it is difficlut to get seats low enough.

Craig
  Send a private message to this user    
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seats for TA22 Sat, 02 August 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you're worried about getting the seats engineered, i thought that any change of seats needed engineering? or are you just after the easiest thing to bolt in so that it's easy to get engineered and doesn't have to be dodgied up
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Seats for TA22 Sun, 03 August 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you wanted the easiest thing you could have just had the old 22 seats re-covered and built up i did this and it worked a treat.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Sun, 03 August 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ta

Lets be honest the original seats for the TA22 are not real good, first thing that I changed on a car that now only retains the original body panels, but I did not want to debate that. I was really after some of the options that others tried. Engineering does not really worry me as anything that I own will be modified in some way. Engineering is not always necessary but that is another story

The Honda seats in my TA23 are great, adjustable evrything, cheap and light. If nothing else comes up I will track down another set of them and modify the mounts.

Craig

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Sun, 03 August 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya man, i have honda prelude seats in my 22, and i was always belting my head on the roof, cause im not exactly a midget!!! but i must admit the stock seats arnt that flash, i have not been able to find any seats low enough to accomidate me well in the 22
justin
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Sun, 03 August 2003 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only seats i've found that sit low enough and are relatively easy to fit are Nissan Silvia (180sx?) seats.

They sit as low as the original items and mount up without too much hassle. They arn't the best seats in the world, but much better than stock Celica items I think!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/helenfitz/build/general_build/silviaseat.jpg
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Seats for TA22 Mon, 04 August 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not too sure what model these are out of but i do know that it was some sort of honda prelude. they are really comfort although they do sit a little high for my liking.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/glshaw/Dsc00836.jpeg

sorry for the size Embarassed
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Mon, 04 August 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be wierd cause I quite like the stock seats in my ra23. I've heard complaints from people sitting in the back but being as I never sit in the back of my own car who cares Twisted Evil
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Mon, 04 August 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats correct Laughing
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Seats for TA22 Mon, 04 August 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Craig.

Ive also got some prelude seats in my Celica, just wondering what u had to do to get them engineereD? as im just bout to get the engineer out here to have a look wouldnt mind knowing what they will look for.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Seats for TA22 Mon, 04 August 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The seats in my car have been engineered but i don't know what has to happen as they where done when i got the car... Laughing
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Tue, 05 August 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replys.

Juzzo84 - I had to make a number of modifications to have my seats sit low - included boxing in the box support and the tunnel. I have them low enough that my 6'4" mate fits without head bumping.

Dylo - Great to hear from you. Basically I just showed the engineer what I had done - provided him with a written spec. - high tensile bolts, comparison to original - that is mounting points are at least as strong as orininals, what car they were out of, etc. It was a non issue but they are now listed on the certificate.

Craig
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Seats for TA22 Tue, 05 August 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for the reply Craig, i will keep in touch.

Hope to be back in ACT and back in the CCG (WITH MY CELICA THIS TIME!) next year, maybe earlier.
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Seats for TA22 Tue, 05 August 2003 15:02 Go to previous message
If you want rear passenger room.. get an RA28 Very Happy hell roomy for a celica..
Everyone who travels in tha back of my car seems to enjoy it..
just wish it had up-an-down windows for the rear. Rolling Eyes ahwell..

I kinda like my stock ra28 seats, they have nice trim and a little bolster and side build up.. also very soft and comfy..
Same with the rear.. the bottom half has like two buckets that the passengers sit in haha...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supra70 1GGTE
Next Topic:20V black Top problem....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 19:03:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05168604850769 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.