Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

icon10.gif  Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Fri, 08 August 2003 20:00 Go to next message
Razz Howdy Ho people

I have a 83 Corona st141 that i got for free. It had some front damage but a hammer and some extras fixed it. Very Happy Apart from that it looks bran new.
Now I want to get a faster engine.
I have the standard 2S-C and dang it boots compared to all the other coronas i've seen with that engine so i'm wondering if the person who had it before added some things on.

I was thinking a 1g-gte engine for it. I've looked up on the net for the cost and most of them cost about $700-1000.

Does anyone know the cost of the conversion i want to do it myself. I have lots of spare time Very Happy

Anyone know what needs to be changed/Brought n that?
-------------------------------------------------- -
Apart from that if anyone know what can be added/replaced/attached without changing the engine to give it that extra shwing can ya tell me

Any extra info i need to know about the car, engine ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sat, 09 August 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get in contact with 7M-Brisbane, he got 90% through a 1G conversion in his ST141 before he sold it. It's a relatively straightforward process as far as engine conversions go.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sat, 09 August 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I documented a lot of it.

http://www.turbosupras.com/~lmdwyer/conversion/cor ona.html

Definitely don't buy a bare engine, buy a complete half cut. They come complete with everything (intercooler, engine, gearbox, etc).

It's not the easiest of conversions, personally if I had my time again I'd have gone for a rotary or another 4 cylinder such as an SR20. As much as both of these are done to death, they will fit much easier and be less of a pain to work on in future. Why mess with somethign that works?

1G is certainly doable, it's just not as simple as some claim it to be.

A 3SGTE is a good option, however there are apparently some issues finding a traditional RWD gearbox to suit, as well as a few dramas converting them to a traditional RWD layout.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sat, 09 August 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its 2S-c powered it would probably have a w45 box thus bolt the bellhousing to a W58 or something and a 3S to the other end and apparently you can use some of the 2s bits to convert a 3s to RWD??

Allan
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sat, 09 August 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2S corona came with borg warner box and rear end

not suited for 3S conversion, the SA63 celica is the best candidate for 3S conversion.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sat, 09 August 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Precisely.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sun, 10 August 2003 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shure your not thinking of the 1X (aka starfire) powered version?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sun, 10 August 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every ST141 I've seen had a BW 4-speed box and rear end.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sun, 10 August 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm well that screws that plan way too many models of corona around those years Razz

Allan
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine Sun, 10 August 2003 04:15 Go to previous message
Definitely, I had one Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:Headlights for a Soarer?? I'm confused
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 12:21:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003972053527832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.