May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon8.gif  Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 00:12 Go to next message
Why?

Why?!?!

Why must people do this?!?!

http://nark.is-a-geek.com/temp/rx8dam.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    

Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HeHe, I thought you were gunna tell us you already had a chance to race and beat one !!!

Max always seems to be first with the news when these new models come out.

Matt

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to have a go at an RX-8. Very Happy

On a side note...
I heard a rumour that the new RX-7 will be quad rotor!! Shocked
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats true!!!!

new rx-7 is going to be a killer!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go mazda, they look to have a nice lot of performance cars right now. I wonder if they will put the rotary into their mainstream cars being as they have increased fuel efficiency and whatnot.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Mon, 11 August 2003 11:42

I heard a rumour that the new RX-7 will be quad rotor!! Shocked

I heard this rumour as well, but I dismissed it as BS. Where did you hear it?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the new RX7 is said to be a big block twin rotor.

Instead of forced induction mazda will be going for cubes for power.. and power it shall make Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 11 August 2003 13:19

I heard this rumour as well, but I dismissed it as BS. Where did you hear it?

Can't remember... My memory sux0rz... Nod
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually it'll most likely be a 1.4 or 1.5 ltre rotar and be built on the a shortend and widend rx8 chassis. Supposed to be NA and under 1 tonne.
It will be going head to head with the new gtr, and that pushes 480hp ( take a look here for more info, if u can read japanese then doubhle bonus http://members.iinet.net.au/~awcabren/SAU/ )
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are these cars just prototypes or the real thing? i don't really go much on that GTR but the VQ32DETT sounds interesting Smile I'm not sure whether i like the RX7 or not either:S
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front end of that GTR looks just like the new magna Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Mon, 11 August 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as all the rumors about the RX7 I've heard, they are going to have a roughly 1.5l twin rotor which they'll achieve by widening the rotors in the current 1.3l RENESIS. They are looking in the range of 240-250kW for power, which should be plenty to keep GTR's honest given the less weight.

Speaking of weight, they will be using a wider and shorter version of the RX8 chassis (to make it financially viable) but I'd say weight of under a tonne is VERY optimistic considering all the weight of the larger brakes etc.
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as long as it looks as sexy as the last model rx-7 Razz
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also regarding the quard rotor engine. i remember vaigly reading about an engine called a 26BT, obviously this is 2.6 liter displacement. I can't confirm that it is not just a rumor but i think it may have been in a lemans car or something.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be the R26B which was a mazda produced LEmans motor only. It was a Peripheral ported quad rotor making in excess of 700 NA hp.

so no.. it isnt a road going engine
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well
fuck

2.6 litre n/a putting out 700+ bhp.

I'm guessing there's all of one engine in the world that can make that claim.
over 250bhp/litre
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're comparing it with piston engines, the R26B is actually 5.2 litres. 700hp is still pretty impressive though.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how does that work?
I always wondered how a 1.3 litre displacement engine "really" has 2.6
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
787B

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/787b.html
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the cams manual a rotory displacement is classified *1.6 (i think) even more if it is force fed
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but *why* ?

just to even things up coz rotary engine found a way to get more power out of a smaller engine?

if that's the case, it is the biggest producer of power per litre. no sense multiplying by 1.6 or 2 to "even things up"
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have had this exact same discussion with a friend who owns a s4 rx7. i honstly think rotories should be in a class of their own. in my opinion is its like trying to race jet powered dragsters against internal combustion dragsters. they just arn't matched. same with piston vs. rotory.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the reasoning behind that is that there's a complete (in/compress/out) cycle for every cc each time the crank spins, rather than half of a conventional piston engine....
Something like that. Can't remember the specifics right now.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have a problem with it in racing circles to even it up.

but in overall most hp/litre of displacement for an engine, you're looking for the best designed engine, so why should a rotor be penalised?

edit: especially with that guy who cut down the 4a-gze into a 1.5 turbo, and made something like 600 bhp

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 05:48]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just as an additional.. that front bar of your original post is AWFUL. I've seen front bars on civics with kittens trapped in them that looked better than that atrocity
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reason for it is because the rotary goes AROUND instead of up and down, each time the rotor goes past the ignition point it fires,

where as a piston goes down then it goes up and fires only once

its kind of a bad explanation but basically the rotor fires 3 times one rotation

i think
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All twin rotors should be compared to 6 Cylns due to the fact that there are 3 firing cycles per revolution per rotor.

Swept volume is 1.3L's but people referr them to 2.6's due to the firing nature of the rotary.

I myself like to think that its a 1.3 L...seems more fun when you beat someone and they ask what it is... you tell the clueless idiot in the commie (ok im being general now) that its just a 1.3 Smile
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
that front bar looks like a poo scooper or mr plow in the making Twisted Evil

unless the front bar is for the intercooler, but this car is non turbo so i don;t see much point except for looks and it sure loooks shit and probably picks up shit, and the occasional sucking in of the neighbours cat.

i think this car was aimed at a different market, but i have seen this thing fly around corners quite impressive

the rx-7 still looks better, goes better it absolutely chop su-eees this car

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 07:52]

J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Poor RX-8 Tue, 12 August 2003 08:29 Go to previous message
http://www.rx8forum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=94645http://www.rx8forum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=92413http://www.rx8forum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=92710http://www.rx8forum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=92348

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 08:34]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The beasty Mark2!
Next Topic:Low Hummer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 23:16:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019876956939697 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.