Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 24 August 2003 10:53 Go to next message
Well, it's been a while since the last one, & since it was so big & such a success, it's now time for:

MEGACRUISE II
Toymods Returns!

For those of you who weren't around for the first Megacruise, here's some pics from the day:

Me waiting, wondering if anyone will show...

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20020720%20-%20MegaCruise/640/BigWorm_DSC02972.JPG

What me worry? Very Happy

http://members.optushome.com.au/pwswinner/cruisepic.jpg

Our first stop at North Head..

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20020720%20-%20MegaCruise/640/BigWorm_DSC02978.jpg

Then we cruised through Manly...

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20020720%20-%20MegaCruise/640/BigWorm_DSC02997.JPG

And at the last stop we lined up all the celicas....

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20020720%20-%20MegaCruise/640/BigWorm_DSC03001.JPG

As you can all see old school celicas dominated the day, with a grand total of 13 at one stage. Let's see if we can beat that, I know there's plenty of rollas out there that are gonna put up a bit more of a challenge this time 'round.

Alright, time for some details:

What: MEGACRUISE II
Where: Homebush Bay Olympic Park, Carpark P6, just off Australia Ave near Homebush station.
When: Sunday, 26th October, 10:00AM

From the Homebush meeting point we head down Australia Ave & turn LEFT onto Homebush Bay Drive. From there we head north for about 10 minutes then we'll turn right onto Victoria rd. We'll travel along victoria rd heading south/east towards the city, crossing Gladesville bridge, then Iron Cove bridge, then follow Vic rd to the left and over Glebe Island bridge.
Now this is the fun bit, cos if you take a wrong turn, you could end up in the middle of the city. We're going to follow Victoria rd (which becomes the western distributor) 'round to the left, heading north, & go straight over the harbour bridge. It would be stupid stopping in the city, it would be to hectic with a big group of cars.
So after we cross the harbour bridge, we need to keep to the left and take the second exit on the left, which is Falcon st, where we turn right. We follow this rd through neutral bay & mosman, down over the spit bridge, WATCHING OUT FOR THE MANY SPEED CAMERAS, and then we take a right at the first set of lights after the spit bridge, which takes us towards manly.
Before we go through manly, we going to have our halfway stop at North Head.
We're gonna turn right at Belgrave st, then a left onto east esplanade, left onto Ashburner then right onto Darley rd, which takes us up to the North Head lookout. For those that haven't been here, it's one of the best views in Sydney.

Once we've all regrouped, we'll head back down Darley rd, turn right at the first set of lights, then left onto the Manly foreshore. Follow this rd to the fist set of lights, turn left then the first right onto Pittwater rd. Follow Pittwater up to Warringha rd where we turn left, follow that to Forest Way where we turn right. Follow Forest way up to Mona Vale rd, turn right, then we'll pull over up the long stretch for a real quick regroup.
Back on Mona Vale rd, we take a left at the first set of lights, and right at the roundabout just after the lights. This rd we follow down through Church Point & Bayview, until we meet up with Barrenjoey rd, where we turn right and begin the final leg of the cruise.

We'll follow Barrenjoey road all the way up to Palm Beach, where we should be able to find some parking, even if we have to spread out a bit. There's a nice big picnic area with plenty of tables and BBQs where we'll be selling sausage sambos ($2 members, $3 non-members) & drinks ($1 members, $1.50 non-members), and have time to talk & check out each others rides.
NOTE: Parking tickets are required at our final destination, at a cost of $5 (which is for 4hours).

On the day I will have maps & directions to hand out, and we will also be tuned into channel 16 on our faithfull CBs. So come along & enjoy the fun, have a feed & cruise some great roads.
See you all there! Smile

Any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2003 00:08]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 24 August 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you refering to Mc Carrs Creek Rd ? Cool
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 24 August 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God I love it when the starting location is 5 minutes from my house. Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 24 August 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there... I'm not missing it again...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 24 August 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be there flying the oldskool celica flag Very Happy
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 24 August 2003 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep McCarrs Crk Rd, but this is just a scenic run. Smile
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not missing this one either ! i will be in for this one
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there in the wagon hopefully won't be in the middle of the engine conversion.

It will be a great day, THE MEGACRUISE was my first cruise with Toymods and I had a great time in Daddy's camry. This time I will add to the Old Skool theme, with I think the oldest car in the club.

So If you have never been a a cruise with us and haven't had the pleasure of meeting of us please come it will be a great day and very mega.

Like its going to happen but;

Come on all you CROWN owners all rock up and beat these Celica and Corrollas
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hear McCarrs Creek Rd and Scenic run in the same sentence!!!

SURELY NOT Shocked
!*HeAt-SeCa*!
Regular

July 2003

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would I be able to become a member on the day?

The whole day sounds like a good cruise.

I was waiting for a big cruise that would go city way and not to far out...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be able to come, but I won't be able to meet you at the start. I'll try catching up north of the bridge somewhere.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll most definitly be there! no way I'm missing this much fun Smile first dibs on 2nd or 3rd from the front tho
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok ST162 boys, time to get your gear together Smile
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea ok rob i'll be there.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to take the trip from canberra to add to the old skool celica numbers!

we'll just have to see how everything goes!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 25 August 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmms - 2 days off my birthday !!

i wonder if my new job would let me take a few days off ?

Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 26 August 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there carrying the 'new' skool banner the echo will be shinning in the spring sun blinding those old rollas Laughing......i missed the first one Crying or Very Sad so this should be good havent cruised for a while. Mite have my girl and connor with me to
CrusinSX
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 26 August 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woot!
ill hopfully be there, im on the central coast and iv never been on a cruise b4!
i dont know my way around the city so it will be an interesting event!
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 26 August 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this time i won't be getting so fucking sideways and so close to the gutter on a main street from an off ramp.(bret rollaboy knows he was behind me) Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing

that me done
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there dont want to miss out on showing my car off in fast fours magazine to all u blokes Razz 8TH of october be out nov issue.Smile
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 25 August 2003 18:24

Hmms - 2 days off my birthday !!

i wonder if my new job would let me take a few days off ?

Stu... don't ask, just take! Very Happy

Let's see if we can get a bit of a turn out for the GT4's... who's up for it? Danny, Gary (if your cars' in one piece)..... anyone else!!!

I've even got a CB now... so won't get half the cruise lost again Embarassed
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the ROLLA'S!!!!

We are going to kick some serious ass this time...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyn - pity we didn't get a shot of the flaming wheels to go in the mag Smile

edit: hrm, it's my brother's birthday on the 26th... aahhh, he'll understand Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 27 August 2003 12:50]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft rollers,

ud like to think so!! lol
sharmz
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dudes, havent been online for awhile, would love to attend this cruize with yaz, if thats ok, sounds like a mad run.

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 27 August 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great! Although I am sensing a lack of Supra's here. C'mon guys. Need some help here. Smile
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Thu, 28 August 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add 1 to the old school squad

DRAVEN : celicas lead the pack!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Thu, 28 August 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yes!

although now that I've taken the spare, jack and toolkits out of the boot of my car, it's a bit of a drift pig since there's no weight in the back
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 29 August 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be good! Smile
it was 1 of the best trips ive been on
(other than matts little trip Laughing )
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sat, 30 August 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only just saw this thread
ill see if i can make it

St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sat, 30 August 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will do my best to get along to this cruze Cool
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 31 August 2003 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haven't been cruising with Toymods for a while now, be good to get on this one. Add one more to the 'new-skool'ers... Cool

Now all I gotta do is get Feeva and Mystical to come and join in on the day, try to bolster the RAV4 ranks a tad. Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Sun, 31 August 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, do you have to be a toymods member to join in on this cruize
or can anyone come along??

I might be there with a friend or 2, one with a st162, and another RA23.

If thats cool that is
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 01 September 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone's welcome
members, non-memebers, toyotas and non-toyotas

If I'm going to be there, it'll be in the honda "granny" civic

does 0-60 in about the same time it took my supra to reach 150
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 01 September 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come one come all..... this planning to be a really good day of driving and seeing who has the bigger stick on th road
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 01 September 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that battle will be fought out between the Celica's and Corolla's... Rolling Eyes
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 01 September 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We all know that it's the Corolla's turn this time...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 02 September 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have respect for rollas,

and i really wanna have a look at the " flynsx " that thing looks like a weapon!

but we all know the celicas will come out on top! Razz

hope to see you all there!
chris

oh and draven,

dude i saw the pics of your car...
i feel your pain dude! and i hope the next supra is everything you want it to be hey..
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 02 September 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there, but at the rate things are going with me it will be in a rather pathetic looking AE71 Sad

The celica is just too far away from being cruise-ready again.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 02 September 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 02 September 2003 12:44

I'll be there, but at the rate things are going with me it will be in a rather pathetic looking AE71 Sad

theres nothing wrong with the way the old beast looks Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 02 September 2003 06:15]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 02 September 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its getting better.. there is less fur now. Very Happy
If you are interested, have a look at what i've done HERE
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 02 September 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats alright karl you can be the official toymods pace car Laughing as for the battle any one up for a run against the tiny but mighty echo i'll gladely welcome hehehehe
GT4_Steve
Regular

June 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 02 September 2003 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put another tick in the GT-FOUR column please.
We'll keep those bastards honest Cool
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 03 September 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i blew it guys 9month suspension on the licence speeding and good behaviour licences dont mix well i dont think the suspension would have kicked in by the time this crusie is on well i hope not anyways.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Wed, 03 September 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FLYNSX wrote on Wed, 03 September 2003 21:07

Well i blew it guys 9month suspension on the licence speeding and good behaviour licences dont mix well i dont think the suspension would have kicked in by the time this crusie is on well i hope not anyways.

Ouch - FLYN' at the wrong place and the wrong time. What happened; camera, radar? Shocked
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Thu, 04 September 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, can i rely on someone or all of u to sms me and remind me a day or 2 before this??
now that my car is in one piece i really dont want to miss out on it!!
my mobile number is 0414916538

also if anyone is in my area with no car, let me know and u can jump in with me...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmm
thesis is due on the 13th
cruise is on the 26th

gives me 13 days to completely rebuild an ma61. I dont like my chances Sad
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn.....all things going to plan, my car will be in its undies by then Embarassed . I might have to ride shotgun with someone Sad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can "ride" shotgun with me.
passenger compartment isn't quite the same size as it used to be. and the only place we can "ride" to is the bottom of the street Razz
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks Draven, but considering your recent mods, I think I would feel safer in a different car.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe...

Looks like there's gunna be a nice turnout to this cruise... And I'll be there too... YAY...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven I reckon you could ride shotty with me or my brother (MA70) on the day.. shouldn't be too hard to pick you up Smile Epping and all..hehe
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add another 1 to the number of corolla's!

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Fri, 05 September 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll see what's cooking on the day and get back to you. thanks for the offer rob Smile
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 08 September 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all sorry it's been a while I'm going to try and be there got the interior done and body fixed so as long as i can get a driver i'll be there, YES I lost my licence again Sad anyone going to be there?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 08 September 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again?
what for this time? Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Mon, 08 September 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NVD05X wrote on Fri, 05 September 2003 18:04

add another 1 to the number of corolla's!

Sweet... See you there man... I noticed that you got some rims now...
lorolla_80
Regular

July 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 09 September 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will definately be there!! Smile
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 09 September 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah rims and i finally finished my door trims too... now its time for a gze!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Official Toymods Event, * * MEGACRUISE II * * Tue, 09 September 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sweet... Time for you to start on my door trims then Smile Smile Smile ...

I've seen your car a few times on the way home from work and noticed the rims on it... Lookin nice now...
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Au Starlet Club Qld Cruise 6th December 2003
Next Topic:Official Event: Toymods & CCG Boot Sale, BBQ and Social Day in Mittagong 2/11/03
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 19:50:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15816283226013 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.