Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Tue, 26 August 2003 12:34 Go to next message
considering selling my 1 J conversion for MA61
this includes:
1J from JZA70 half cut, 70,000 ks
timing belt and any seal that could be replaced without dismantling the engine was done
new soarer water pump
tripple core radiator (new) never used.
engine mounts(bolt in to Ma61)
p/steer hoses :plugs into standard rack
reivoir (bolt in)
all intercooler piping and intercooler, all bolt in to MA61
stainless intake and cooler piping (drivers side) BOV (plumbed in)
Twin RB25 skyline turbos, roller bearing. on custom stainless manifolds.
complete 3.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust twin 2.5 dumps off the tubos into x pipe and out into twin 3inch high flow cats then out into 3.5
2JZGE bellhousing, clutch, fork, slave ect ect
2JZGE gearbox
the engine was originall manual and hence comes with a manual ecu
all the wiring is already done so the loom is plug in. just a coupple of power wires to connect. This conversion has evrything needed to put it in and start it up the same day, it is all there as it came out running.
im asking 7000 if there is any interest. and before you all have a crack at me for asking so much, in a previous thread it was already established that this conversion without aftermarket gear costs around 6.5 to 7K all told. and much much more than this has been spent. anyhu like i said expressions of interest, if there is none ill just wait till a body comes up.

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Tue, 26 August 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I shall start the bidding at $1 Cool

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Tue, 26 August 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt i hear u say
"im not selling that, ive spent so much time/money on it"
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Tue, 26 August 2003 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the engine only?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Wed, 27 August 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is an entire MA61 conversion

Complete bolt up

Ie.

Engine
Exhaust
Gearbox
Loom
ECU

The custom exhaust is exactly that, custom for an MA61, but can be altered for any car with a bit of work.

This however would be a weekend conversion for an MA61 and would save alooooooooooot of time and money.

I really don't know why he is selling this! SILLY MAN!

To me, this is actually quite a bargain, think you can do it for less, go ahead and make your day (or few months). All the fabrication is done and ready to rumble. Evil or Very Mad

Consider this a free bump!

ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Wed, 27 August 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again with the cool shit for the ma60 when mine is busted! Razz

i got some money for my 21st too. coulda bought that installed it and some money for simmons, instead i had to buy a whole new car... Mad NEVER LEND UR CAR! Embarassed
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Wed, 27 August 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, i forgot, this conversion also comes with a set of 2JZGTE injectors, a boost cut defender and a fuel mixture controller. this stuff alone has cost me 650.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Wed, 27 August 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yesyesyes
that exhaust is a beautiful piece of work
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Fri, 29 August 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon you'd sell it real quick at $5000

i know u can pick the 1jz 1/2 cuts up for $1500 now from SSS.

I'm doing a converstion of a different kind and anyone who went and found the things themselves would prolly get it all done for less than $7k.

but good luck. you are making it easy as you are providing everything for an almost direct bolt up.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Fri, 29 August 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is with a manual conversion, from a JZA80. The best possible box that 'fits' with shifter in the correct spot. (r154 goes in with work).

I would say buy that halfcut if you can get it for $1500! But im sure its auto, which means auto ECU, loom and no flywheel.

If you want to run a manual good luck finding all the bits and installing them!

The cheapest buy in route will not always be the cheapest end result. A lesson learnt. Confused

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Fri, 29 August 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraBOY wrote on Fri, 29 August 2003 11:03

i reckon you'd sell it real quick at $5000

i know u can pick the 1jz 1/2 cuts up for $1500 now from SSS.

I'm doing a converstion of a different kind and anyone who went and found the things themselves would prolly get it all done for less than $7k.

but good luck. you are making it easy as you are providing everything for an almost direct bolt up.

as black supra said thats for a normal conversion AUTO!

this conversion is pretty quick, put it this way

this conversion +4 80kg guys and a full tank of gas kept up with a BMW M3 no dramas, what are they 250kw? outta factory??

i remember mick paid something like 3k for the piping and manifolds,

so i physically challenge you to do the same for same price
naten
Regular

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Fri, 29 August 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your pm jaze

AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Fri, 29 August 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha supraboy u fool... sss are the biggest rip off around... did you make sure that the 1/2 cut for $1500 comes with an engine? Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

oz_ craig you forgot to mention that in that race the car wasnt even running properly... hadnt been tuned out of the 1/2 cut... running some kind of crazy mixture... and it went THAT well...

sorry supraboy but this engine is worth every penny... i sat in the passenger seat of the car that this engine powered a few times a week... so i kinda know that its worth whatever jaze asks... he knows his shit
naten
Regular

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sat, 30 August 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sss auto arent rips offs

they have 1jzgte motor packages for $1500. They sell you the motor but keep the ECU once your ready to run the motor they give you the ECU and you have a months warranty with the car actually on the road. Its good service, i was very impressed when i went down to check out the 1j's they have. Very professional and helpful. Things not found at many importers.

as for jaze knowing his shit. Paying $800 for a set of engine mounts ? Shocked

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sat, 30 August 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the idea of ringing up a place and spending a little bit extra to get the mounts made up saving myself at least a weekends work, blood sweat and tears.

And considering we now have these available on a jig they are significantly cheaper, if you understood the first thing about economics and how the world works this may become a little clearer to yourself.

The original machine lead time, initial measurements and dummy fit required alot of time for a 'professional' who is paid a 'professional' wage to construct.

As a result of now creating a jig, these can be made up in much less time (and price), but obviously these mounts are not high in demand and as a result the supply is rather low, in fact made to order. As such people are either willing, or will be forced to pay a much higher price than say what you beleive them to be worth, im guessing not much more than a case of VB.

Perhaps you should look at norbies website at www.norbie.net, then ask norbie would it have been worth his while to buy these mounts outright.

You obviously have little idea of reality and how the world keeps on spinning.

Jaze does know his 1J shit and many other people here do, so if i was you, i would ask around before throwing around accusations.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sat, 30 August 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the backup guys,

nate: i was happy to pay that much originally to have it done right, and exactly how i wanted them, and not have a backyard job that made my engine sit at an angle or mounts that break with any reasonable power,and as mentioned because i did now mounts are available to those who need them without the screwing around of making them. my best wishes to you with your conversion, i would genuinely be interested to see how your mate with a welder goes, if he does them good for under 250 bucks, best of luck to you.

and as for the conversion, it has been sold. Smile
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fistly. AE92poit FUCK YOU.

i'm merely giving my suggestion. i never said i was right. i never said he wouldn't get $7000 for it. i just said that he would sell it real quick at $5000. perhaps before you go and bad mouth other people and other company's you might count to 10 and think about what you are going to say.

i made an error when i said 1/2 cut for $1500. i mean to say engine package.

i picked up a ca18det engine package, cut loom, ecu, top mount cooler, turbo, engine. for $1650 + shipping through this other mob. the converstion in total will cost me about $7000 - $8000 only because i'm buying a few lil quality extras.

sorry guys, but people that think they are 100% right piss me off. i only ever gave my opinion.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SSS are great for parts, as long as you go there in person. not much time for people on the phone.
I've heard more than 1 story about the quality of their half cuts tho, assorted pieces missing and such
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"sorry guys, but people that think they are 100% right piss me off. i only ever gave my opinion."

"You won't find a better car than mine."

you seem to think that you are 100% sure that no1 will find a better car than yours... it had better be good... if its lived a life that has meant its needed a new paint job and a new engine than i can say i have seen an ORIGINAL ma61 better than yours so your statement isnt 100% right.... but anyways that one that im talking about was a stunner... looked like it had been driven out of the showroom yesterday... and thats not because it had been cleaned up its because it is THAT clean...
anyways sorry to get so far off topic jaze
and good luck with ur sale supraboy
"sorry guys, but people that think they are 100% right piss me off"

naten
Regular

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sorry but as a car enthusist i would rather do the work myself then pay someone a huge amount for mounts.

apparently i have no grip on reality because i would NEVER spend $800 of two chunks of metal. The way you described to make them is overkill. I will be making up a set of mounts with the help of a couple of mates (one of them can weld of course) and they will be just as strong as your set. I understand the cost of production and how that shit works. I dont see how you can apply that to one set of mounts which are so simple to make yourself.

so if you dont mind i will spend a weekend with a couple of mates, have a good time working on my baby and have my wallet a fuck load fatter at the end of it.

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mounts are actually now $250 due to the jig and well worth it in my books, it takes the guy about 4hrs to make them up FROM AN EXISTING JIG and he has done this before.

They all line up nicely, they are completely simple, functional and engineered for high tolerances.

and they are PROVEN!

Do it your way if you want, thats fine by my but i will stick by what i said above.
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not going to say anymore in regards to AE92poit's comments. i've reported him to the mods.

i don't need to take this shit on this b'board. and i don't have to justify my car to anyone.

sorry for ruining this thread.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Some people are just the biggest girls round this place..... quick run and tell your mummy someone said something that contradicted your opinion... EH! Rolling Eyes
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did i go into your "for sale" thread and say anything? NO

so the only person that can complain to anyone regarding things said in this thread is jaze himself...

i can c some hypocrisy around...anything i have said about you car is no where near as bad as what you have been "trying" to do to jaze's thead
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool supras rule Smile

what ya gunnu buy when you sell ur supra supraboy? (and ive spoken to jaze he does not mind us having this off topic conversation about supras )
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you just had to go and be a f*ckwit eh? its people like you that ruin these forums,
read: I DO NOT GIVE A SCREW IF YOU DO NOT BUY THE ENGINE MOUNTS.
the company that makes them sells them for 250 bucks and is located in hustville and has no affiliation with me WHATSOEVER. if $250 bucks fattens your wallet considerably perhaps u should not be waisting your remaining pittance on attempting a 1J conversion.

i did at no point ask you to spend 800 dollars on mounts or for yourself. what i did was my decision and my choice as it was my money that i spent, and whether you thought it was a good move or not u have no right to get on these forums and give me shit for doing something how i wanted to do it.
if you have the time to spend sitting a 1J above a MA61 and taking measurements amnd welding, well best of luck to you i did not give you any shit for wanting to do it yourself.

as the following question from your pm indicates, your a very knowledgeable lad arent you,

:did you ever dyno it ? why did you put rb25 turbos on her ? do they produce more power then the stock 1j ones ?:

best of luck with your conversion mate, seeing you are such a smart bastard ill bet its the best one anyones seen yet.

marc00013390
Regular

November 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no pooint to argue

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2003 07:45]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh...

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2003 00:57]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uh marc...

just so you know, I also beat an M3 in mine
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People neglect the fact that an M3 weighs 1525kg dry, before any options and petrol and before you include the driver...
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc00013390 wrote on Mon, 01 September 2003 10:05

old skool supra, + 50kgs fuel, + FULL CAR (4 80kg ppl), kept up with an M3 NO DRAMA!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WAKE UP TO YOURSELF!!!!!!
Go to bmw and actually DRIVE an M3...
i am not going to say a thing more...

updated - no offence to your supra

BAH, i was a passenger in the supra, and can vouch for this performance... Evil or Very Mad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't see why a slightly worked 1j in an ma61 would not beat an e46 m3?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to mention we caught up with guy a couple of weeks ago when going to a toymods meet and was impressed the supra kept up with him considering he paid $160000 and have a 20yr old car on his ass Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll trade you my soul. sence of decency and maybe my conscience for the conversion package.

Seriously though
if i had $6000 i would most likely be driving my supra down to sydney, for a nice 1jz, as we speak...but i dont so i wont be driving down Sad

Good luck with the sale...and damn you for not waiting for 2 or 3 years...because thats how long it'll probably take me to save up $6000 Sad
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

From soneone in the middle of this exact conversion (though stock turbos & injectors and auto), I can attect that this is a Total F**king Bargain! Jaze's package cuts thousands off the cost of the conversion cost. Not only that, but it comes complete with upgraded turbos and the increadably rare W-58 JZ bellhousing.

That said, I'm really hoping that 82mkII does get it and join the Perth JZA61 club!

- Justin

PS: FWIW, I drove a JZX90 Chaser on Saturday (all stock except 3.5" exhaust). Man, did it fly. Boost comes on creamy smooth. Now, just imagine an extra 150hp out of the engine and hauling around 250kg less weight. Go 1J Supra!
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc00013390; , i was in the car and i was the one who approached the m3 driver on the way to the toymods meeting, ,
so thats how it is

have a nice day

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2003 05:47]

marc00013390
Regular

November 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhh... so many ppl with nothing better to do than argue...

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2003 13:01]

AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude... shut up... i was there and oz-craig has even spoken to the driver of the m3.... so you go wake up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil anyways... its a fact so there is no debating it and as stated the supra wasnt even running as well as possible at the time
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and p.s. sorry i had jst sent the reply from email and didnt c all the other msgs... but yea it was done and yea those bm's are nuts Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco,

The M3 is quick, but you've gotta realise that there are plenty of quicker cars. There aren't any automatic M3's either, they come in manual or SMG2 for the E46 range, and I don't think the driver is stupid enough to run full auto mode when running another car. Whats this crap about a "base in auto", umm, there isn't such thing as a base model M3... No No No

Also, the lighter M3 you speak of doesn't make 290kw+, it only makes 265kW. Geez, its a 3.2l six in a road car, not a race engine. If you're going to talk shit, at least make it seem believable Smile
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe
isnt this thread fun Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I'm feeling the long, c'mon everybody, lets sing a song.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ummm ... didn't someone have something for sale ?
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Mon, 01 September 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE
Regular

September 2002
[add to buddy list]
[ignore all posts by this user] Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Sun, 31 August 2003 00:03

cheers for the backup guys,

nate: i was happy to pay that much originally to have it done right, and exactly how i wanted them, and not have a backyard job that made my engine sit at an angle or mounts that break with any reasonable power,and as mentioned because i did now mounts are available to those who need them without the screwing around of making them. my best wishes to you with your conversion, i would genuinely be interested to see how your mate with a welder goes, if he does them good for under 250 bucks, best of luck to you.

and as for the conversion, it has been sold.

http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
IM EXCITED!

naten
Regular

May 2002

Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Wed, 03 September 2003 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not going to bite or get into petty arguments

i will let my work speak for itself
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Thu, 04 September 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ha ha what a wanker that marc is. he makes a completely stupid statement then edits his post to remove it and then keeps acting like a toss.

why does he instantly dismiss a JZA61 as having no chance of beating a M3. - does he even like toyotas , whats he even doing on this board? get a clue dude its power-weight!!!

obviously hes been too busy reading wheels & modern motor and shit like that. - dreamer. ha
nabs478
Regular

March 2003
    -
Re: MA61 complete 1J conversion, any interest? Fri, 05 September 2003 02:54 Go to previous message
do any of you guys know where i can get a supra interooler, i think from a jza70 (but not sure) with the in and out lets on the same end? the dimensions are about 470x300x70? mines fucked bent and leaking, so i cant drive that car til a get a new one
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rajays turbo
Next Topic:FS impul promesh with PIC again
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 10:21:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.1634681224823 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.