Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 02 September 2003 10:40 Go to next message
i participated in a drift day at Mt cotton driver training center on sunday, i got pics too

http://www.geocities.com/mrdohc2000

i have not yet got all the pics up, i will re-post when more pics are up

[Updated on: Tue, 02 September 2003 12:24]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 02 September 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to fix that page mate. The "Drift Day" link opens in the menu frame.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 02 September 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DORIFTO!

did you go out in the corona?

Daniel
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 02 September 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i went in my brother inlaws VL, i have experience drifting 'dores.

does anyone know how to convery from .mov to .mpg or .avi

btw site updated
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 02 September 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your currently outa bandwidth Laughing Laughing at geocities(10:46pm Tues) I'll have to check back tomorrow.
77Celeeper
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 02 September 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man i know gene from the drifting pics you had he went to my school i full hated his gemi WITH A PASSION hte blue one that was i so wich i could have dragged him in the RA28.....would have converted him to the way of the toyota..so what was it like man drifting without having the eyes of the law watching over you...and dude you so should have taken the rona for a strap given the RG a work out..... Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Wed, 03 September 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol lots of geminis...

good pics tho!!

looks like it was a fun day! Very Happy
how much did it cost ya?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Sat, 06 September 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is mad not having the cops around, u can just keep into it, not have a little hook and then go easy.

the rona has bad axle tramp issues and may have had issues with power oversteer {plus diff doesn't lock up much}

and i have had LOTS of practice drifting 'dores

it is $1200 for hire of the track for 4 hours, we had 16 cars and each car had about 8 goes {max 2 ppl per car}, so i had 4 goes, it cost $60 per car {i know that doesn't work out, ppl paid but didn't show} no burnouts allowed {sec. cameras} no spectators, it was MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD i wanna organise another day, expressions of interest plz.

gene's a tool, the wanka in the blue/purple TD coupe got booted off cause he had a BIG lose, held into the throttle and came about 4 meters away from us {we were 15m away from track} AND as he spun he sprayed rock on about 8 cars. AND the bogan turned up with no freaking shoes on.
i have pics of a sic little rolla too but my puters dead {using mates right now}
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Fri, 12 September 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are so organising a drift day once my TA is done!!!
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Fri, 12 September 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't wet down the whole track tho do they? I wanna do some proper drift too... Water is for beginners and low kW cars...
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Sat, 13 September 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it's fully wet,
all these cars going round and flicking the water gets it wet anyway, plus its diesled, as i said that dude did a skid and got booted off
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Sun, 14 September 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD78 wrote on Sat, 13 September 2003 08:47

Water is for beginners and low kW cars...

Bollocks. "Drifting" a car on diesel/water takes a LOT of skill, even at low speed. You might think you're the shit, but you'll probably find yourself sliding off the track at least once a lap once you get out there.

Yes I've been to lots of "drift days" at Mt Cotton (not that anyone called it that) and I see the same thing happen every time. It's usually the ones making the biggest noise about what a great drifter they are that spend the most time spinning into the scenery. Those that keep their trap shut and try to learn something have a much better time!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Sun, 14 September 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie is right, i was the only person to get in full lap of "full" drifting, ie. i had the car always in a drift, i actually managed to get in 2 full laps of straight drifting.

even on the 80m straight i only hit like 40k, one corner u cant hook in a throttle it, i have to either hook slightly outward or hjold it straight then u have to counter steer when sideways.

btw i have vids of this day, but they are .mov and they are large {one is 8m and the other is 25m} can anyone here convert to a smaller file type{avi or divx ect} so i can put 'em up.

preferably in brissie so i can give u the cd
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Mon, 15 September 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a shareware program called Fade To Black which would prolly convert for you...
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: drift day pics from mt cotton Tue, 23 September 2003 10:58 Go to previous message
There is no doubt in my mind i will be sliding off the track probably alot more than most people because once my car is on the road it will have double the power my old car had...
But i would like to try some dry drifting too...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who's rolling to the Jamboree
Next Topic:Mt Cotton Skidpan - Toyota Vs Nissan Battle
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 13:28:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.091398954391479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.