Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Fri, 05 September 2003 11:24 Go to next message
Hello,

Next to the 6th injector under the stepper motor there is an extra connection that isnt being used with my MicroTech setup. Any idea's what this is for?

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/other/connection.jpg

I have so many loose plugs everywhere I don't know what they are used for, hopefully nothing important.

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Fri, 05 September 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe it's one of the two Cam Position sensors ; Toyota use 2 on the 1J and I assume the MicroTech only wants to know about 1.
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Fri, 05 September 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bingo
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Fri, 05 September 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is the other one that is being used by the MicroTech?
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Fri, 05 September 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about half way along the cam. I "think" of memory it's above number 2-3 cylinders
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Fri, 05 September 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry about all those extra plugs. were you at the dyno day? everyone there can vouch for the MASS of wires I had hanging around in my engine bay.

the solution is to grab som electrical tape, a soldering iron, and some wire cutters, and go to town
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Sun, 07 September 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh yeah, but what happens if im defected and require a standard ECU? Smile Looks like i'll have to leave them dangling. Looks very messy.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Sun, 07 September 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're a lot more likely to get defected if you do leave them dangling
once you clean them up (like I did) it looks great.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Mon, 08 September 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since you had the micro-tech installed by a workshop, you'd think they would have done a better job in tidying up the wiring/plugs etc.
Since they didn't, and you don't want to cut stuff off the loom, perhaps an afternoon with some black insulation tape, cable ties and "hidden wiring" style tubing is in order. The last thing you want is to get pulled over and defected because the engine bay looks so untidy. Sad
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Mon, 08 September 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'm starting to think of all the things they forgot or did poorly. And there is a lot of that for what i paid for it.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Mon, 08 September 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's a bummer man Sad

never pay someone to do something when you can do it better yourself :\
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Mon, 08 September 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but that's the thing, I dont have a garage and I can't park my car on my driveway as it is very steep. It has to sit up on the road. So I pretty much can hardly do anything to it.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Tue, 09 September 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess I'm lucky because my dad is real perfectionist when it comes to wiring etc. I could even bolt the old 7m back into the Supra if i went mad - we never cut the plugs off, just grafted the 1jz plugs into the exisiting ma70 loom. If you were to look under the bonnet you'd swear it was a stock jza-70 - everything is neat and tidy.

You don't realise the value of doing things properly until after the fun of all the new found power wears off and you start to think about how drivable/reliable it all is. It really sucks when you pay good money to someone and they do a shitty/half-arsed job. Mad Mad
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Tue, 09 September 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, i think i might have to add that to the list of things they should clean up for free. Im in Adelaide too, it would be interesting to see your engine bay lumpy! Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Extra Connection Near/On Fuel Rail? Tue, 09 September 2003 22:49 Go to previous message
Oh no - All this bragging now I have to back it up! Very Happy

I'd like to have a look at your Soarer too - I'm busy this weekend but perhaps sometime after that? We'd better make it soon because it won't be a stock 1jz for too much longer.....
I'll drop you a PM next week.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZA70/MA70 exhaust mate up..
Next Topic:few 20v questions, both box and engine.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 05:11:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044569969177246 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.