Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 11:47 Go to next message
I would like to firstly draw your attention to this previous thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=10202&rid=1214&S=496fc23ffe1f39d4fcbe9cd 8c9677b78&pl_view=&start=0

This is now proof that none of these following quotes are untruths or completely taken out of context.

Quote:

ed_ma61

errrr... its a whole differnt ballpark putting a 2jz into a ma61 dude.

1jz is a relative piece of piss

um, well no ed, a 2JZ (we used a GE this time) is not a different ballpark at all, it involves all the same basics as a 1JZ conversion, including the exact same, dare i say IDENTICAL mounts.

Quote:

and btw JAZE, your 1jz mounts DONT FIT a 2jzgte

ed
[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2003 16:28]

Refer to this:

www.geocities.com/ifli4u/2jzmounts.jpg

Was it perhaps that you were too stupid to work out how they bolted on? or did you not try it at all, and were you talking out of your arse again?

Quote:

(and also that JAZE has never actually done a 2jz -have you even SEEN a 2jz dude??-, let alone done a 1jz properly, and really shouldnt grandstand about how easy a 2jz fitment is)

ed

[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2003 09:48]

Well thats a MA61,and thats a 2JZ BOLTED into it.

www.geocities.com/ifli4u/jza61.jpg

Quote:

i do believe jaze is talking about your mounts here is he not ??
if you didnt design them for the 2jz, perhaps you should inform 'jaze' (love it how he changed his handle on here btw cause people caught on how full of shit he is) of this fact, before he goes around tarnishing your name fobbing off your goods for purposes that they were never intended.

Just in case you wanted to be assured that in fact the mounts do work, here we are again:

www.geocities.com/ifli4u/2jzmounts.jpg

Very Happy

Quote:

BUT - to clarify, i dont think i was ever having a direct shot at you, and as i dont even know you, i harly think i would. HOWEVER, 'jaze' got up my ass way back in this thread with his 1jz comments (in a 2jz thread) that were out of line. my only point was that i hardly feel that jaze can accurately pass comment on the 'ease' of a 2jz installation (and in the same breath try and sell incorrect (?) parts for such installation - funny that!)

At the time of this original thread, yes its true! i had only completed a 1JZ conversion (twice), which is two more conversions (JZ based at that) than you have, to this day, completed in an MA61.

As you can see from the above photographic evidence (dated 7th September) i have now almost completed a 2JZGE conversion into an MA61, using the identical mounts that i used previously in both my 1JZGTE conversions.

These mounts WERE designed to bolt in any JZ block into an MA61 using the existing 5ME rubber mounts.This is proven with Norbie test fitting a 1JZ block before his final install of his mighty 2JZGTE. Just remember the similarities between the 2JZGE and 2JZGTE blocks, externally they are exactly the same.

And as far as trying to "SELL" incorrect parts; (well, i hardly think "incorrect" is the right term Very Happy ) not only do i have no affiliation WHATSOEVER with the company that sells these mounts, i have not tried to sell them to anyone. I have only offered advice of their existence and availability.

But now i have gone one step further and actually purchased with my own money, a set of these mounts, which i am willing to lend anyone in the Sydney metro area,completely free of charge, if they would like to make up mounts themselves, TO BOLT A 1JZ OR 2JZ motor into an MA61.

ED: you are a keyboard warrior and a very rude and unpleasant person to boot.I hope this post shows you how wrong you are and you can feel free to send me a public apology.

Quote:

and so, with the above comments from compadres - yes youre 'so' right jaze hahaha ... you can stick that 'cheers' up your ass...

ed

Cheers Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 12:42]

Send a private message to this user  
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my car and 2JZGE and i would really like to thank JAZE for this help and allowing me to do the conversion at his place.

He is a tops bloke and actually does know his shit. As much as i dont need to inflate his ego Smile

But much respect anyhow.

Let this be a lesson to all the non believers who talk before they try. Razz
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may I ask how much cheaper this worked out to be than going the 1jzgte.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Methinks there are a few comments being taken out of context here (having read the original thread). Perhaps a little perspective is in order? Calm down guys, we haven't had an all-out flame war in a while and we don't really need to start another one just yet!
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talking about conversions...
if anyone in syd is after soemoen to do a conversion or metal fabrication drop me a pm with your desires and ill get you in contact with someone ive found to be of great assistance at reasonable prices
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done. Hopefully you guys will have it started shortly.

Some reasonably out of context quotes there. No need for any nonsense now.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see you've got it in. Can't wait to find out how the results are once it's running.

Lets try and keep it civil guys, as Norbie says, we haven't had a flame war in a while, and its been kinda nice without it.
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ed, just want to remind u this...

Quote:

hey ED, any time u'd like to criticise me just give me a call- 0414916538
quite obvious that u know fuck all!!
first off tell me how the wiring was fucked up on the 1jz i did, yeh thats right i did it all myself, unlike u, i think u'd be lucky if u could even read the pictures and work out where the battery is connected u useless piece of shit
but really i'd love for u to tell me what was wrong with the wiring, probly the fact that soe new wires were used, whereas the only u would have it done is with second hand shit!!
second, u would never get someone to do it for u because that cost money, only way u could afford it would be on ya hands and knees with their dick in ur mouth the rest of ur life!!
third, who ever said the mounts that once again i made, would fit onto a 2jz?? y dont u find out some real facts b4 u go givin people shit, all u do is make yaself look like a dickhead infront of everyone!
what ppiece of shit do u drive anyway? obvious nothin too spectacular, all round retreads, a dick smith am radio,paint on tint?? c'mon i'm struggling tryin to think of really cheap pieces of shit, all i know is that u'll never own a 1jz or in that case, probly never anything with more than 2 valves per cylinder, and even if u did i bet my fucken life on it that it either doesnt work or is in pieces because of some ungodly reason

next time u wanna put shit on me mate, call me, u have my number, GO FOR IT!!!
make sure u use someone else fone though, wouldnt want it to cost anything! or try reverse charges u tight ass!
have a good day, cya
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3731: Derk was the nyght as pich, or as the cole,
3732: And at the wyndow out she putte hir hole,
3733: And absolon, hym fil no bet ne wers,
3734: But with his mouth he kiste hir naked ers
3735: Ful savourly, er he were war of this.
3736: Abak he stirte, and thoughte it was amys,
3737: For wel he wiste a womman hath no berd.
3738: He felte a thyng al rough and long yherd,
3739: And seyde, fy! allas! what have I do?
3740: Tehee! quod she, and clapte the wyndow to,
3741: And absolon gooth forth a sory pas.
3742: A berd! a berd! quod hende nicholas.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 13:38]

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

In future take it up with the author, or contact the forums moderator if you feel like you've been treated unfairly...

lets keep the tech section for tech issues...

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2003 11:53]

JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed, its not what i was hoping for but it'll do, pleases don't be so outspoken and harsh in future,its not just me either mate, generally people are trying to help each other in here. and thats what makes these forums good, shooting people down for having a go, (especially when theyre right) is not cool.

and boudan, fair call, but this post is about a 2JZ conversion in an MA61 with pics ect, it just has an undertone of sorts, and after all there has to be a way to sort out bullshit from usefull information.

cheers.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 14:07]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quality comeback - ill pay that Cool

{before the post above got edited}

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 14:32]

JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile only u saw it though,
and yes my arse hair is possibly in need of a trim, dont know if its reached 'beard' status though

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 14:14]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 14:33]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boudan hush, this is a technical post, it involves an engine conversion and a debate about whether or not it was achievable with certain engine mounts.

Oh, and im going to have to drop the front at least an inch to gain stock ride height, damn those light engines! GT you were right! Very Happy
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 09 September 2003 00:37

it involves an engine conversion and a debate about whether or not it was achievable with certain engine mounts.

yep, and that 'certain' engine conversion was a:

ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 26 February 2003 16:28

2jzgte conversion... a 2jzgte...

and i know the mounts (which i cant find the damn image CD for atm!) which nishad and i got hold of ages back certianly didnt fit his 2jzgte + ma61. be damned if i can remember why though... but thankfully, even dabbid backed me up at the time(thanks buddy):

Dabbid wrote on Mon, 03 March 2003 19:11

who ever said the mounts that once again i made, would fit onto a 2jz

so, they obviously werent originally designed for the 2jzgte now were they?

i called a spade a spade. so crucify me dude...

but regardless, good on you all, im glad it's all come together for glen's 2jzge! im sure its a friggin weapon, and i hope its all rolling soon Smile seriously - now ive got an NA ma61 to pit mine against Very Happy

cheers
ed

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 15:07]

Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well only way i'm sure u could that ofcourse,
i'm sure would be by way of BULLSHIT!!

so ed, get back into ur own little world buddy
dont keep stickin ya sorry lookin head out of your hole unless u actually have somethin useful and possibly factful to say

but thanx anyway for comin, u've made it really fun for a few of us Laughing Very Happy
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and ed, please dont EVER think i would back up
if u read properly, i also never said that they wouldnt fit!
that was ur argument with jaze, and i think u've lost that now
since toyota have the same part number for mounts on either a ge or gte
maybe u should tell toyota they're wrong

and i know u didnt mean to offend me, but please dont call me buddy, thats really not nice....
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is any of this crap really necessary? Rolling Eyes
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Mon, 08 September 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2JZGE and 2JZGTE blocks are externally identical are they not, including mounts. Thus the new mounts should bolt straight up to the existing 5me mounts. Gearbox bolts up with JZA80 bellhousing whilst still utilising the existing gearbox crossmember without modification.

Ed: Weapon, yet to see, hopefully end of this week / early next week. We shall have to go to the creek one wednesday night Cool
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Devil's advocate reply Tue, 09 September 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone say it couldn't be done? IIRC, I actually suggested this conversion to Glen eons ago.

Anyway, the easy bit is done. *cough* limp home mode *cough*http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/cwm/cwm/winkanim.gif Laughing
Sounds like you have the right ECU this time and hopefully the wiring diagrams I have provided Glen will get you guys out of grief.
Enough of the slanging.....we could hang shit on each other all day if we wanted.
It should be good when it is going.

Cheers. Dave.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Devil's advocate reply Tue, 09 September 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL...

Quote:

bitch, bitch, whine whine....etc etc

so much for a tech thread.... go bitch somewhere else, like "General car talk" or "the outhouse"
my useless 2c
Cya, Stewart
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Devil's advocate reply Tue, 09 September 2003 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha very funny Dave. Razz
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Devil's advocate reply Tue, 09 September 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why'd u go the 2jzge in preference to the 1jzgte?
sorry if its too techie for ya.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Devil's advocate reply Tue, 09 September 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheaper
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Devil's advocate reply Tue, 09 September 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the end of the day, turbos are for bleed valve merchants and philestines. Twisted Evil

Actually they are cheaper, and provide a significant power up from the old 12 valve DOHC M series motors, and a modest improvement over the 7M. Also insurance for the young ones is a bit tricky with turbos.

It also provides an excellent foundation for when he decides to do a 1/2JZGTE. The work of fitting a JZ series motor to the car has already been done.

The slightly lower output of the NA motors and the more progressive nature of the power delivery (not to say that the GTEs are not) will make driving the thing easier, hopefully preventing some into the wall incidents whilst still providing a significant power up.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What GT said. You obviously haven't heard about the way he drives, really need to have it tame for him Wink
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All this bitching and I have not said a word yet!

MA61's are GAY!

On a serious note anyone been able to get an engineer to approve those mounts?

I see serious issues with forward and back movement, for a road car I would suggest you fit some serious gussets as the linking plates are almost parallel!

The only reason I didnt do this on GT's jzx23 is A, its a race car B, the plates are skewed and fully welded (yes a crack could spread but overall strenght is required for harsh gear changes, thick plate was used and the joins where Vee'd prior to welding and again its not a road car)

Regards

Allan

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2003 11:12]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chrisss: Its actually not that much cheaper than doing a 1JZ conversion, basic difference is pipe work and exhaust costs.

1) Yes, im 20 so no one is going to touch me with a 10ft pole for insurance sakes.

2) If engineering is required it wont require any other modifications in the eyes of the engineer hopefully, ie brakes.

3) If i bought a turbo i would seriously injure myself. I don't think a twin turbo straight 6 is the most ideal proving grounds for ones first turbo car: refer JCMF's post.

4) Refer JCMF's Post.

5) This will be the fastest/most powerful car i have owned in my short car whoring life of 3 cars.

6) I have a spare head and through much chatting with GT, im sure there is a bit more that can be squeezed out through head work. Yes, it will cost alot, in fact for the same cost i can have a 1JZ bolted in, but a nice atmo monster might be a more fun roadgoing car.

7) Daily driver: yes im sure plenty of people have mucho beasty cars, but i cant afford to have it off the road. Hell, my sister is back on thursday from overseas and then im up a certain creek without a paddle because she will want her car back!

P.S yet to work out a final price but safe to say its more than i thought it would be!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan: I am lost at 'gussets'

Possible diagram for explanation?

Then it will be time to 'smoke' some people Razz

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/mk2_vroom.gif

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2003 12:11]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a gusset is a corner re-enforcement in a triangle shape or can even be a square plate welded to the long side or short side of your engine mount (between the parallel plates) to lessen stresses along the welds length and move them into the sides of the welds

As is I would say a minor bingle and those engine mounts would fail drasticly thus an engineer would (should) not allow them IMHO

no matter how good those welds are if you pranged as per supragte's red rocket for example those engine mounts would fold! then the only thing stoping your engine continuing forward is the radiator/shifter!

im all one to say fuck the paperwork but do over strengthen items such as engine mounts

Allan

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easy to rectify in their current position?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra,

That pic is of a ghey US Spec Supra with the crappy tail-lamps where the vents should be Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats because i stole it off celica supra Razz
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon8.gif  Re: The "experts"said it couldn't be done with relative ease: 2JZ MA61 Tue, 09 September 2003 13:37 Go to previous message
Guys I amlocking this thread and will most likely delete it as well !

The tech section isjust that. It is for TECH discussion only. Not My dick is bigger than yours or blow me you were wrong type arguments !

I am sure there is alot of good info in hear so I would love to see a more suitable version of this thread appear with just the help and the info and not the bullshit we can all do with out.

Thanks and congrates on he 2J MA61 ! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:W50 versus W58
Next Topic:engine conversion 4 st141 corona
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 09:14:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056250095367432 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.