Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darren
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  FS: 2JZ-GTE Wed, 17 July 2002 02:05 Go to next message

I've got a damaged Aristo 2JZ-GTE thats taking up valuable space in my garage. Basically everything on the front of the engine is broken including, oil pump, water pump, harmonic balancer, water outlet, timing gear, front turbo plumbing. Oh, and the throttle body is missing.

The mounting points on the block for the alternator are also broken off. I was told by my engine builder that if i were to die grind the damage and could see no cracks the block could still be used. I can't see any cracks, so the block can be used but the alternator needs to be relocated.

Both turbo's are like new, except for a chipped exhaust wheel on one of them (my fault, doh!). The crank has been removed, tested for straightness and had the keyway repaired. Bearings are like new. things like injectors and coil packs are still intact.

I can also throw in an A340 auto with suitable bellhousing and 2J torque converter.

Goes to the best offer. I'll post pics up as soon as I can.

Darren.
  Send a private message to this user    
Pete
Regular

May 2002

Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Wed, 17 July 2002 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds pretty stuffed!!

I'll give you $600. I'll pay for Freight.(Or come down and get it!!)
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Wed, 17 July 2002 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do you want for the coil packs?
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Wed, 17 July 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darren,

drop a mail to youcan_reachme@hotmail.comwith your contact phone # and I think I'll be able to make you a good offer Smile

Cheers
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Wed, 17 July 2002 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humble...

you know that if you buy that engine, im just going to have to buy all the turbo gear off it ??!!

i am serious dude, let me know Very Happy

cheers
ed
Darren
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Wed, 17 July 2002 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete,

It really isn't as bad as it sounds, but $600 is the best offer so far.

Darren.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on behalf of humble: $601

darren, i believe humble is trying to contact you privately...check your email as listed on the forum profile.

cheers
ed
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, btw...
how bad is the chipping on the exhaust wheel?

just one blade? big, small, or just a nick? notice any problems with boost, or if theres any balance problems?

cheers
ed
Darren
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed I emailed him my number last night and he replied saying he was going to call me today sometime.

Once the exhaust wheel is damaged at all you can't use them, the turbo would just flog itself to death. The exhaust measures the same as the CT12A off a 1J so you may be able to get the turbine and shaft out of one of them and fit the bigger compressor wheel to it. Or, I'm lead to believe that the steel exhaust wheel off a starlet will fit but I don't know how true that is. Both turbo's were originally rear ones which only do anything over someting like 4000rpm and look brand new. I chipped the wheel fitting the front exhaust housing to it in an attempt to make a complete set.

By the way, the turbo's are worth $400 each.

Darren.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so its not just a tiny nick then.... hehehe
bugger

so they are both rear units? ok... you still running them with the sequential maifold setup, or are they separated into regular independant twins?

they spool @ 4k? sheisa! not quite what i was after hehehe ...

what was your plan with it??

cheers
ed
Darren
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only difference between the turbo's on a 2J is the exhaust housing, the rear turbo doesn't have a REAL wastegate but I'm not going to detail that here. The rear one doesn't work until 4K because thats when the ECU opens the valves and lets it breath. Up to that point the front turbo is capable of supplying enough air alone. Hence the term sequential.

In order to make them a simultaneous setup all you need to do is bolt the exhaust housing off a front turbo to the rear one with the the wastegate actuators off something like a 1J. Then it would behave like a 1J with bigger compressors.... I have an extra ex housing off a front turbo (that will go with the motor) as this was my original plan.

I hope that makes sense....

Darren.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm kind of. im only just becomming familiar with the turbo setup of the 2jz having been made aware youre selling one.

basically, i guess my question is: can the setup be modified back to original spec, and do you have the parts available to do this?

(disregarding the turbine..which i can fix)

cheers
ed
Darren
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: 2JZ-GTE Thu, 18 July 2002 14:18 Go to previous message
SOLD!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5" tv +Navigation and 2 * 6 cd stackers
Next Topic:18RG Carby manifold