Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Advice on superchargin a 4K

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
icon3.gif  Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 07:12 Go to next message
I was thinkin about buying a super charger of a wrecker out of an altezza or something, for $395

to hook it up i guess i'd just need to weld up a metal pipe to the carbie and another for the air filter, i dont really know if i need to intercool it 'coz its originally not had one. They run 7-10psi, i guess i could weld a VL aircon belt onto the fan because it is the exact same belt pattern.

Any ideas or "you're a dickhead"'s
  Send a private message to this user    
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was thinkin the same thing for a ke30 panny, an adapter to manifold, the adapter for carb (prolly newer one) and some stab. bracketing wola! Very Happy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its a pretty foolproof idea.
Ruckus
Regular

June 2002
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, cant help you out, but i can say do it!

i was thinkn of trying the same thing for mine next holidays.
Bit simpler than a turbo.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if one or both of ya do it scan the plans for the adapter plate! i'll do the same if i do it... gotta get a rolla first i guess! Very Happy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent, production will commence as soon as sufficient funds are found
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey does anyone have any ideas on how many ponies i'd gain my engines basically stock except for an exhaust.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surely there's a little more to it than that...

79rollaboy wrote on Wed, 24 September 2003 17:12

I was thinkin about buying a super charger of a wrecker out of an altezza or something, for $395
to hook it up i guess i'd just need to weld up a metal pipe to the carbie and another for the air filter, i dont really know if i need to intercool it 'coz its originally not had one. They run 7-10psi, i guess i could weld a VL aircon belt onto the fan because it is the exact same belt pattern.
Any ideas or "you're a dickhead"'s

what carby?? a DMTT?? or are you going to make up a pressurised box? chances are it will not give decent fuelling.

the SC14 is prolly a little big for the 1.3L (or 1.5L) motor...

the way to do it would be to grab a 4KE or 7KE injection manifold, get an intercooler, get properly sized injectors, get aftermarket computer, tune it properly, etc.

but give it a go Very Happy, see what happens.....
do a search for the supercharged gas 5K that was around (was Brads)
Cya, Stewart
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just finished fitting a SC14 to a 4K thats in a clubman type of vehicle and it was done reasonably cheaply.
it has; ported head, double valve springs, head studs, 4 into 1 exhaust, cam suitable for s/c setup and modified distributor ( set at 10 deg mech adv with no vac adv. ) The s/c has 2 x 2" SU's which should be too rich according to the books but on this particular setup seems to be working well...it wheelspins all the way through second gear!!!.
There is a lot of fabrication in this type of conversion and it will take quite a bit time to get it set-up correctly...I have blown two head gaskets on the dyno before this last configuration ( studs & mod timing )
If you are interested, you can let me know your email address or pm me and I can email you some photos.
good luck with it.
kevin.
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If some-one can tell me how to put an image on this post I can show you what I have done...can't quite work it out??? Embarassed
kevin
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Wed, 24 September 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To show pics you have to have hosts them somewhere and then link to them. How big are they, I might be able to host them for you if you don't have space. Cool

Cheers
Wilbo
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Thu, 25 September 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll just sticky tape it to the engine bay and get some garden hose to run it to the motor, no seriously if i do it and the engine blows up, i'll just buy another, where not talkin big money, mines reconditioned with a 5spd for 200

i'l draw up a sketchy pic on the computer and post it up
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Thu, 25 September 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres the pics, dont laugh but i dont know which pipe is which, i wonder if a vacuucharger will work? Rolling Eyes
supercharger side one
http://groups.msn.com/Rollaboyz/shoebox.msnw?actio n=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=110
Supercharger side two
http://groups.msn.com/Rollaboyz/shoebox.msnw?actio n=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=111
sketchy pic i drew of setup
http://groups.msn.com/Rollaboyz/shoebox.msnw?actio n=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=112

[Updated on: Thu, 25 September 2003 12:36]

kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Fri, 26 September 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've sent my photos thru' to wilbo so hopefully you can get to see them......I wouldn't run the drive belt off the fan pulley etc., as there is a reasonable force needed to drive it ..especially when it is revving out quickly. It should be taken from the crank...machine an adapter and mount another pulley there to drive it.... and remember to have the adjusting pulley/tensioner on the non-driven side ( slack side ) of the belt.
I converted mine to use gilmer/timing belt ( 8mm toothed belt ) so there is no chance of any slippage, but it is a lot more work.
regards, kevin.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Sat, 27 September 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tigerbeer/zeRo/kmwdesign777/rt002s.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tigerbeer/zeRo/kmwdesign777/rt003s.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tigerbeer/zeRo/kmwdesign777/rt004s.jpg

Very nice looking setup man, you can tell a lot of work has gone into it Cool BTW what figures did you pull on the dyno?

Cheers
Wilbo
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Sat, 27 September 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks,....the two times it was on the dyno ( before the head gasket let go each time ) the guy was still trying to get the mixtures correct with the right needle profile using only a single SU at that stage...the needle was getting very thin and it was still lean and any attempt to get resonable load on the dyno resulted in too much wheelspin because the rollers had lost a lot of the grooves.
how-ever we were getting between 80 to 90 hp at the rear wheels at approx 3500rpm.

next time it will be on a new dyno...

Next time it will have correct timing setup, plenty of fuel good traction and around 7000rpm!!! ....

regards, kevin.

blown 5k
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Fri, 10 October 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE!! my kp60 starlet has a supercharged 5k with a ported big valve head custom intake 4age injectors link ecu custom extractors and a sc14 running about 12 pounds boost what gearboxs are you guys running behind your forced fed k series motors I'm running a t50 do you have that option in Australia?
Smile
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Sat, 11 October 2003 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I'm still using the 4 speed but next time the motor has to come out I will go to the 5speed.... My car only weighs 550 kg so at this stage there is no problems with the gearbox... although I would like a longer 1st gear... guess I will go down a ratio or two with the diff.
kevin.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Advice on superchargin a 4K Sat, 11 October 2003 16:02 Go to previous message
I have a 5 speed i dont need sitting in my shed mate, perhaps we can work it into a deal if you need one Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rotary 13B with W58 box!!!
Next Topic:and now, from the same people that bought you blinker fluid.....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 22:16:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044460296630859 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.