Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

icon5.gif  how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 07:29 Go to next message
with an ae86, how do you tell if the car has powesteering installed just by looking at the car??

is there a little pwr steering "bottle" for the fluid? anyone have a pic of the engine bay with pwr steering installed?

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2003 07:38]

Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine doesnt have it and the steering is still light. i dotn think ae86's need power steering imho.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 July 2004 20:18]

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh there is a metal reservior for fluid, usually gold colour with "toyoda" on the cap (read: not toyota, toyoda)
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a power steering pump and reservoir are a bit of a give away...
I circled where it is on my motor (which is nothing like urs!)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tigerbeer/zeRo/power%20steer.jpg

Cheers
Wilbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u'r ngine bay is just too clean wilbo, its almost wrong Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's freaky
it's all bright and shiny. you can see absolutely everything, all neat and orderly and polished.

makes me wanna hurl all over it http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/prank/puke.gif
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Apart from the reservor bottle there is a belt driven pump at the front of the motor with two hoses leading to the steering rack...if you can see two hoses connected to a steering rack then it is power assisted.
regards, kevin.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven: its even worse/better up close
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone have a pic of a ae86 with pwr steer installed
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Mon, 29 September 2003 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aww come on stop rippin on me draven Razz

Now who says you can't polish a turd? Laughing

Cheers
Wilbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Tue, 30 September 2003 09:06

Now who says you can't polish a turd? Laughing

me, u have seen my car, i've tried to polish it, TURD {sleeper} Rolling Eyes
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice 5me

nearly as good as my 4m Very Happy

http://xdesign.com.au/coronamk2/engine-small.jpg
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not ripping on ya dude, I'm jealous!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah I know ...I am slightly embarrassed tho, if only it was a powerful as it was shiny Sad (damm 5me gutless peice of GRRR... Laughing )

Awww come on it totaly rips ur 4m (which does look good tho) Razz I mean you painted ur tappet cover, that takes all fun fun out of making it shiny! Cool

Cheers
Wilbo
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IF you where in perth we could have the heavy weight title fight

4m vs 5m - rummble in the jungle
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which I shotgun loosing Laughing
(Maybe if we were both manual (which I'm slowly working on), but the auto box behind a 5me isn't an inspiring thing in the least).

Cheers
Wilbo
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
news just in 5m is a wuss Laughing
jks
get a manual dude they are so much better you decide when to change gears not a stupid computer which can be bad when you rev the shit out of your car ohh well when my 4spd dies i'll go the w58

[Updated on: Tue, 30 September 2003 06:59]

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah like I said I am working on it, I have the bellhousing, clutch, pressure plate, clutch pedal sorted, just need the master / slaves, the lines and a gearbox and lengthened shaft Razz

Cheers
Wilbo
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Tue, 30 September 2003 15:06

and lengthened shaft Razz

dont tell me about your problems Laughing Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: how do you tell if a car has powersteering or not just by looking at the engine bay? Tue, 30 September 2003 10:31 Go to previous message
hijack, take it to the outhouse please

back on topic please, anyone have some images of ae86's with pwr steer installed?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA63 Carina and TA23..... do parts exchange ?!
Next Topic:CAI on ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 04:32:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045661926269531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.