Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

ae86 LSD Wed, 01 October 2003 21:27 Go to next message
is there away to have a lsd in a aussie spec sprinter can you put a japspec lsd in or not ??? or is there speacial lsds for the aus spec
  Send a private message to this user    
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ae86 LSD Thu, 02 October 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, the jap spec lsd's are not that good any way man, im puting a mini-spool centre in a corona st141 disc brake rear end... or the other option is a custom borg warner (eg) lsd modified to suit your car...you can speak to haydn (MR 20V) bout this conversion as he had one in his sprinter....

reguards
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ae86 LSD Thu, 02 October 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jap spec centres wont fit Oz spec diffs, we got smaller centres. The diffs are different series too.

You can bolt a jap spec housing from disc to disc into an Oz Sprinter and then apparently you anly need to change the rear tailshaft section due to the Jap spec having a longer nose.

There are stacks of options for you from here but none cheap. They include:
- Jap spec AE86
- Modified R31 skyline (Borg warner)
- Hilux

Get a spare couple of hours and do a search here.

Hen
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: ae86 LSD Thu, 02 October 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i have read about them hehe what about the tail shaft ??? is it better to have 1 peace or a 2 peace one ???
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: ae86 LSD Fri, 03 October 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riiight... the JDM LSD's and so on aint that good? tell that to the ae86 drifter's over in japan who all use the disk rear with aftermarket lsd...

and then you go and tell him to fit a borg warner... now THATS a shit lsd.

SLY16V wrote on Thu, 02 October 2003 16:57

hey dude, the jap spec lsd's are not that good any way man, im puting a mini-spool centre in a corona st141 disc brake rear end... or the other option is a custom borg warner (eg) lsd modified to suit your car...you can speak to haydn (MR 20V) bout this conversion as he had one in his sprinter....

reguards

SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ae86 LSD Fri, 03 October 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riiight... the JDM LSD's and so on aint that good? tell that to the ae86 drifter's over in japan who all use the disk rear with aftermarket lsd...

and then you go and tell him to fit a borg warner... now THATS a shit lsd.

exactly mate, AFTERMARKET LSD(trd,cusco,etc),i wasnt bagging the disc brake rear end only the lsd centre....
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: ae86 LSD Fri, 03 October 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no body imports a disk rear and fits a stock lsd... half them worn out by this point of time after 18 odd years

that said.. my old car had one and it was a great LSD.. someone had rebuilt it some point of time and it as great!
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ae86 LSD Fri, 03 October 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah...
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: ae86 LSD Fri, 03 October 2003 06:22 Go to previous message
I bought and fitted a disc rear end to my Sprinter, which came with an LSD centre, and the LSD is very tired - when the car is up on the hoist, you can spin one rear wheel and hold the other one still without much effort at all. I would love to get an aftermarket LSD, but that will have to wait - I don't have $1000 + to spare on that at the mo'
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Idle Problems on 20v
Next Topic:ma61 blue interior
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 09:08:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046930313110352 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.