Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1jz-gte into an ae86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve bignall has one of these blocks in his st185

they were a special casting by TRD, used in the WRC rallycars ..

So far his is good for around the 260kw at the treads ( double my gt4's output ) before he hits the giggle gas ( 300 + kw )

he mentioned recently to me on a recent dyno test his was revving very close to the 11000 rpm mark ..

ask him if you want good 3s tips !
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where the hell do you get one of these blocks? Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Thu, 24 July 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you ask neal bates REALLY REALLY nicely to pull the motor from his rallycar ?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Fri, 25 July 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well after about 7 billion phone calls today (a fair few international Confused ) I found out that the blocks in the Supra tourers are nothing special at all Rolling Eyes The only thing "different" about them is that none of the ribs have been ground off(like the GT4 Blocks) and there are no oil or water outlets on the side for turbo feed and cooler.
They are also still available from a workshop in LA. I have asked for the company name and a price which I should get tonight or next week Very Happy

I don't know if this goes for all of the 3S blocks in those Supras, so if anyone doesn't agree with any of this you can just suck my shriveled up frost covered shlong cause this is what I was told Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2003 06:37]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: 503E and 3S-GTE Fri, 25 July 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. A quick search on Google says that the JTCC Supras run 503Es. Not 3S-GTEs.

So I don't know what you've been told.

Here's an excerpt from this page:
http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20Information/3s gt_tech_notes.htm

Quote:

In international competition the 3SG has powered formula type cars that have been consistent international winners specially under the TOM’S Racing Banner. The 3SGTE engines in WRC won for TTE (Toyota Team Europe) several Championships for Toyota. It is also the engine used in the WRC Champion Toyota Corolla, set up to a limited 300HP.

The engine is very similar to the JTCC / IMSA Champion 503E engine- but none of the parts are interchangeable. In fact the development of the 503 was the basis of the 3SG, in effect the 3SG was based on a racing engine! A 503 was running even before the first 3SG.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Fri, 25 July 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'll be Confused Maybe the block I was told about is the TRD item that was talked about earlier Rolling Eyes
Now i'm really interested.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 503E and 3S-GTE Fri, 25 July 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, did a more thorough search and the JTCC Supras tend to be labelled with the 3S-GTE sticker more often than 503E...

*shrug*

I know for sure that the Tacoma runs the 503E and I'm pretty the rally cars run 3S-GTEs.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Fri, 25 July 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if I get this email I'll ask some questions.
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Fri, 25 July 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i've read off other forums about Californian law is that you can only put an engine that was released in the US in a car due to emission reasons, and i think only the first gen 3s-gte came out there, so no st185 or st205 engine if its to be registered.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Fri, 25 July 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane - the blocks that i was referring to went into the rallycars - as far as i kknow this is all they went into ..

have a look in that zoom tuners article - theres a little write up on them in there - or ask steve bignall about his
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1jz-gte into an ae86 Fri, 03 October 2003 12:11 Go to previous message
Welcome to the real world, where people have a budget. 15K US will put a 7A block with custom rods and pistons, 20V head and blower combo of choice (SC to get turbo onto boost style of thing). Spend the rest on advanced driver training and move to where there is mountains. Happyness.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Radiator cap
Next Topic:I cant Capitan! She just don't have the power!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 04:53:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14612102508545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.