Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What brakes fo I have on my ra23?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon5.gif  What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Sat, 04 October 2003 03:22 Go to next message
my black celica has had some front brake problems for awhile now, I got some new brakes from the wreckers but when it came to putting them on, they are totally different to the brakes that are currently on there. The brakes from the wreckers are the same as the ones on my silver celica, hence me thinking that my black one has different front brakes put on them,

here are some snaps I took
http://www.xdesign.com.au/stuff/celica/brake1.jpg
http://www.xdesign.com.au/stuff/celica/brake2.jpg

here's the problem with these brakes, the piston on the rhs won't go back into the bore

http://www.xdesign.com.au/stuff/celica/piston.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Sat, 04 October 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to keep those eyesores, can you say "Perth Brake Parts" and "rebuild kit" in the same sentance? They will find a kit to match up anything, but personally I know of a few Simms bins that would appreciate those brakes!!!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Sat, 04 October 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know they look abit dodge, but when they are working properly, they had an excellent pedal feel and pulled the car up really, really well. I'm not sure about perth brake parts, cause they didn't have a rebuild kit for ra23, no-one did, said they weren't being made anymore. But by comparing these brakes to the ones I got from the wreckers and the ones on my other 23, I don't think they are ra23 brakes, unless the older ones had different brakes to the newer 23's?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Mon, 06 October 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, anyone?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump. Someone must know where these brakes are from Sad
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they may be of some form of car. Very Happy

Are there any code or numbers any where on it?
Try quick stop brake/clutch centre in balcatta

they got me new disc rotors for $75 for the pair!
they will do your hole brakes for like 80 pads seals/machining the discs i'll get the number if you want.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you could that would be awesome. I'll just have to borrow a trailer off a mate cause obviously it can't go with the brakes as they are Smile I can't wait to get back behind it, I've missed my manual so badly Sad
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1/3 Abrams St Balcatta 0407 470 585 (is all i can find i dont have the business card but if the number doesnt work try 013 or somethin.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers big beers
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they kinda look like RA6x front brakes? tho i thought RA6x were vented disks?

will have to find my haynes manual and read up...

it says it covers RA2x to RA6x ... but as the wiring diagrams in them were probably drawn up by some bored, stoned guy in the Haynes art dep't, it's possible that the brakes info are a product of the same dudes deranged mind?

charles.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Tue, 07 October 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely not RA6x brakes.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What brakes fo I have on my ra23? Wed, 08 October 2003 01:04 Go to previous message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 07 October 2003 20:25

they kinda look like RA6x front brakes? tho i thought RA6x were vented disks?

will have to find my haynes manual and read up...

it says it covers RA2x to RA6x ... but as the wiring diagrams in them were probably drawn up by some bored, stoned guy in the Haynes art dep't, it's possible that the brakes info are a product of the same dudes deranged mind?

charles.

The brakes look nothing like the ones in the Haynes manual. They are much smaller then the ra2x and the ra4x or ra6x, not sure, ones that they have images of in there
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:If cant find F series lsd.. what are my options?
Next Topic:MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 06:06:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065629482269287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.