Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  TPS to MAP sensor Mon, 20 October 2003 09:38 Go to next message
I currently have a 3TGTE running off a Haltech EMS. I have been told that it is running TPS and should be running MAP sensor. This can make a difference in turbo cars, how much power gain can I expect if I switch it to MAP sensor.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: TPS to MAP sensor Mon, 20 October 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are running aftermarket ECU, and only have TPS, then you are running in aplha-N mode (rpm vs TPS). this is not real good at the best of times, and is usually only used on cars where the cam is so large that idle becomes a problem. i know the Wolf3D has a mode to have alpha-N at low rpm, and then speed density above.

for a turbo car, you should definitely be running either AFM or MAP, other wise, how does the motor know how much fuel to put in??

maybe have a look yourself and verify what it does and doesn't have?

power gain??? power gain from tuning all depends on how shit it is to begin with Wink

Cya, Stewart
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TPS to MAP sensor Mon, 20 October 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is actually a turbo car with aftermarket Haltech and runs as TPS, which I know it shouldn't, I want to get it converted to MAP sensor but was wondering roughly how much power gain I can expect

[Updated on: Mon, 20 October 2003 11:43]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TPS to MAP sensor Mon, 20 October 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: TPS to MAP sensor Mon, 20 October 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said man, it totally depends how bad the tune is now.

if it's on the money, you get no extra power. if it's totally crap, you might triple your power....

what do you want ppl to say???
having a map sensor will be much better as you can actually have a decent fuel table... just get the map, get it tuned properly, and it will be all good...

then agin, if you are happy with the drivability now, then leave it alone..
Cya, Stewart
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TPS to MAP sensor Mon, 20 October 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm am amazed that an installer would only wire up a TPS on a turbo? on F10's and E11's they're part of the factory kit.

without MAP it can't control boost, do boost-retarded ignition, do anti-lag, etc... correctly. It must be using heaps of petrol and a basic ign curve to keep it out detonation territory.

fwiw: you'll get much better fuel use, and better response under heavy accell and WOT if the ECU knows what's happening in the intake manifold with MAP.

any way, what you want is TPS AND MAP

Charles.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TPS to MAP sensor Tue, 21 October 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is WOT? My car is using heaps of petrol and running fairly shit so that explains it, thanks for the replies
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TPS to MAP sensor Tue, 21 October 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOT is Wide Open Throttle - when you've got your foot to the floor Smile
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TPS to MAP sensor Tue, 21 October 2003 01:28 Go to previous message
ok, thanks Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The next step for my 20V....
Next Topic:Dump pipes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 13:35:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.045484066009521 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.