Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Corona Info "Guide" Tue, 21 October 2003 19:52 Go to next message
hey just been thinking that someone should make a "guide" to getting a engine conversion for a corona...

I want to make a guide for anyone whos thinking of modding there corona. Eg Putting a g1-gte in a corona (which i'm doing Very Happy )

Listing every type of brakes from different cars that will be adiquite for the upgrade and listing the price range and preformace of each one. Razz

Another like best gearbox that will work with it.

Would anyone like to see a "guide" like this or am I just out of my league Embarassed

Send a private message to this user    
Doctakay
Regular

January 2003
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Tue, 21 October 2003 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's an excellent idea Jackel. There aren't too many step by step story's on conversions out there. I think that if you collaborated with a few other corona owners out there ( and i've seen a few with 1g's in them ) You could get a pretty good read going. Smile I hope other toymods members get together with you on this one and there can be a new guide addded to their website here. Good Luck with it bro.

Regards,
Chris.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2003 20:32]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Corona Info "Guide" Tue, 21 October 2003 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy someone agrees

Well i'm gonna make a guide when i do my corona with illistrated pics n that Laughing

Well might take awhile cause i've never done an engine conversion Embarassed and alot of swearing will be in the guide Rolling Eyes

Everyone who knows about coronas or have one wanna give me your details of your cars n that so i can document them.
When i get a hold of my GA70 half cut i'm gonna try blow up my 2s engine Evil or Very Mad
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Tue, 21 October 2003 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will find that theres no corona tech articles out there because there are already many celica tech articles and you will find that most corona models share the same engine bay and front end as their corresponding celica.

RA40 ---> RT104 - RT132
RA60 ---> RT141
SA63 ---> ST141
RA65 ---> RT142

have a look at the tech articles HERE
and HERE
and HERE

exceptions to this point are the XT130 (still quite similar tho), MX10 to MX23, RT40 to RT81.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2003 22:24]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Tue, 21 October 2003 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 1jz corona XT130 and i could give some pics and info. but the engine was already in when i got it so i don't have all that much info.

later
sabext130
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Thu, 09 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own an xt130 too but i was looking at doing a 4age 20v conversion. How would a 1JZ go in comparison to the 4age? Confused
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Fri, 10 December 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sabext130 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 23:15

I How would a 1JZ go in comparison to the 4age? Confused

1.6 litre twin cam VS 2.5 litre twin cam, twin turbo
I think the 20V would win hands down Very Happy

tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Fri, 10 December 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How would a 1JZ go in comparison to the 4age? Confused

1.6 litre twin cam VS 2.5 litre twin cam, twin turbo
I think the 20V would win hands down Very Happy

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Fri, 10 December 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I own an xt130 too but i was looking at doing a 4age 20v conversion. How would a 1JZ go in comparison to the 4age? Confused

123kw vs 208kw stock with a lot of potential for upgrades. Hmmm... Confused

Razz

1jz into an xt130 is not easy however as it is a tight fit length ways so I would look for a 1g-gte as it is shorter. I haven't seen a 1g in an xt130 though.

My conversion used the chaser x-member but I am sure there is a better way of doing it than that.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Corona Info "Guide" Fri, 10 December 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make up an article (lots of photos!) anyway.
While there is lots of info on getting the 1G's into these cars, i still havnt see a well written start to finish article on getting it done.
So it would be nice to see!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Corona Info "Guide" Fri, 10 December 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo'll relise this thread is nearly a year old Razz
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Corona Info "Guide" Mon, 13 December 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 06:49

When i get a hold of my GA70 half cut i'm gonna try blow up my 2s engine Evil or Very Mad

if u want to blow up ur motor quik rev it up to about 6 grand and drop stones down the carby Evil or Very Mad
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Corona Info "Guide" Mon, 13 December 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 18:14

yo'll relise this thread is nearly a year old Razz

So it is...
I blame sabext130 for bringing it back up Razz
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Corona Info "Guide" Mon, 13 December 2004 06:57 Go to previous message
fuck the rocks down the carby, just put 100+ octane in the tank, lean it out, crank up the timing and drive down the highway at redline
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine Rebuilders
Next Topic:Oil Filter Location on 97 model MR2 Bathurst
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 00:17:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051112174987793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.