Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Supra MK3 Brake Rotors To Fit GZ20 Soarer?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Supra MK3 Brake Rotors To Fit GZ20 Soarer? Thu, 23 October 2003 08:13 Go to next message
Hello,

I've been looking into upgrading my front brakes for a while now and I was hoping that the Supra MK3 Rotors which are 300mm will bolt onto my GZ20. DBA have the Long Life Slotted Rotors to fit the MK3 and they usually go for around $450 new. I was wondering if my Soarer caliper would fit over the top, or if i needed new calipers and bigger wheels to fit over them.

Has anyone tried to upgrade their GZ/MZ20 Soarer brakes?

Danish.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2003 09:55]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Supra MK3 Brake Rotors To Fit GZ20 Soarer? Thu, 23 October 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
word has it that JZA70 coilovers bolt in. Just use the entire front suspension. But you know who to talk to about this.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Supra MK3 Brake Rotors To Fit GZ20 Soarer? Thu, 23 October 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes all MZ/GZ 21/20 JZA/MA/GA 70 rotors will swap, the biggest ones as far as i know are JZA70(the type R could be bigger) im pretty sure all you need is the rotors, the calipers and the caliper mounting bracket to bolt the JZA70 brakes on, I have JZA70 brakes on my car but they were already on the JZA70 x member that i used to bolt the 1J in with. i think you might need to use a different mounting bracket even with the turbo MA70 brakes. the caipers may or may not be the same.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Supra MK3 Brake Rotors To Fit GZ20 Soarer? Fri, 24 October 2003 08:31 Go to previous message
Thanks guys,

I'll be looking to get some second hand JZA70 or MA70 rotors and calipers and brackets. I don't think it will be that hard to bolt in. I'm also looking for some stock MK3 or JZA70 or MK4 mags if anyone knows of a set for sale?

Danish.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Thermofan swtich question
Next Topic:99 WRX 4pot Calipers onto AE92?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 11:36:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039141178131104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.