Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
vinsonbar
Newcomer

October 2003
Wiz
Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:28 Go to next message
I don't like the stock hood of my celica is there any other hoods That I can get and if so where please e mail me some links.. also I am looking for a better front air damn... and can you convert a regular 2.0 celica into a gt four? inother words can I put the turbo charged engine in there w/ out making it all wheel drive and what would I need beisides the engine (like would I need a new computer for it)

here is a pic of my one of a kind 1989 celica gt

It has a 6 inch rear body kit w/ blocks behind the rear tires to bring them out w/ the kit the front end is widend about an inch. 12 inch spolier automatic Sad pcw rims 15 inch 50 series low pro tires.... I am also looking for any info to make a reverse opening trunk and hood...

Pic links http://www.bgoat.com/mycar20001.JPG
http://www.bgoat.com/mycelica.JPG
http://www.bgoat.com/mycelica2.JPG
http://www.bgoat.com/mysystem.JPG

It looks a little different now I did some more mod's to the stereo system some lighting better seat covers and a 1 windshiel wiper kit (I had to take off) damned cops
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool stereo mate. though I would hate to be a rear seat passenger Razz Smile

You can put the turbo on, but I think the deal is that you will also need a stronger FWD gearbox very shortly after Smile Yes a new computer and all is needed. Halfcuts can be good options, though a gt4 half-cut would give you the wrong gearbox. Perhaps you could pick up a 3sgte with loom + ecu and source a g-box from somewhere else.

You *can* put a GT4 scoop on your bonnet etc.. looks nice
vinsonbar
Newcomer

October 2003
Wiz
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ya it is really a 2 seater now... well besides when I have the kids car seat back there (bass off of course) unfortunaetly it needs some body work cause the moron who put the kit on it did it wrong and the first winter it had cracks in the kit every where.... (it is a home made kit)....thanks for the reply
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i'm gonna have to say that it looks like u have gone too far with that body kit, but thats my opinion.
All the info u need to do the conversion is covered in these forums. I have done the 3sgte conversion myself. So all u have to do is look for the info and if there is something u can't find or don't understand just ask.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
vinsonbar
Newcomer

October 2003
Wiz
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the body kit was on there when I bought the car...that was the main reason I bought it because of its originality...I am sick of seeing all these kids in honda civics and eclipse thinking there shit don't stink cause they have the same sooped up car as everyone else.. and everyone else can soop one up the same way... it isn't original..... I would say 3 out of 5 people do a double take on the car and some ask what it is and were did i get the kit... it's kinda funny
vinsonbar
Newcomer

October 2003
Wiz
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ya i like your celica... I get screwed the guy oputs the kit on a 89 (no mods available that are good) no sunroof not convertible no ac no cruise control.. man I got shafted...lmao

no power anything... and he screws the kit up so I have to totally re do the whole thing..oh well

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2003 01:54]

vinsonbar
Newcomer

October 2003
Wiz
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draza where did you get your hood thats exactly what I was looking for for my celica...it looks like the same year make and model... should fit...
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Hood for a 89 Celica Mon, 27 October 2003 12:54 Go to previous message
i got my scoop from a local company. SSV. www.ssv.com

Its the standard bonnet but it had a hole cut in it and the scoop put on top, so that the top mounted intercooler could do its job.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:V160 Clutch
Next Topic:Koni, KYB Shocks
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 21:29:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.028239011764526 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.