-what kind of power figures could I be looking at
-what else is bang for buck with this engine

Brendon
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Wed, 29 October 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

what kind of boost level can be run on the stock computer

safely 14psi (turbos dont like much more

Quote:

do I need a fuel cut defender or anything to run more boost

no

Quote:

what size exhuast would be recommended

2.5-3inch

Quote:

-what kind of power figures could I be looking at

150rwkw?

Quote:

what else is bang for buck with this engine

a good cooler
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply craig,
I am taking on this conversion next week and am just trying to sort out a few questions....
are you running a different intercooler than the standard 1ggte item ? if so what ?! and what is your power output and 1/4 mile time if you have one?
I think I'll be happy with this thing on about 10psi....

Brendon
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well after thinkin my turbos where holding up good this time
they died after a month of running 14-15psi
they do run fine on 12 tho
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well apparently the turbo's I am getting on the engine have just been reconditioned and hi flowed ct12's
but I thinhk 10psi will have enough fun
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman had a custom bar and plate and pulled almost 150 with no tuning on 11.5 psi

hiflowed u say? how much that worth?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ILL pm u my number, any dramas give me a call

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't want to hijack the thread but what are the pros and cons of going single turbo over twin turbo, or would it be better to up grade the twin turbos?
Byatch
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Thu, 30 October 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*question answered elsewhere*

[Updated on: Thu, 30 October 2003 23:31]

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill summarise by saying
PROS
*more power

CONS
*lot more cost
*cost of turbo
*cost of manifolds
*cost of new computer
*cost of tunning
*cost of new injectors etc
*more lag

Dabbid was that 14 @ manifold?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Fri, 31 October 2003 08:15

CONS
*more lag
?

Don't forget that turbos haven't stayed the same over the years. A late model Garrett or HKS ball-bearing turbo is likely to have the same if not better boost response, more power and not trail off at the top end as much.

Unfortunately with the HKS turbos, you get what you pay for. A nice GT25 would be a good single choice for a street car though.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My plans for the car is for it to be a weekend toy for cruising, and a few strip runs etc, not so much of a daily driver.
I'm guessing a twin turbo setup would be better for *daily driving* in traffic etc. (tractable at low revs etc.) But for a weekend toy I'm looking into a single turbo upgrade and frank has hit the nail on the head with the GT25 running around 1 bar boost.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The T04 setup for sale in the forums will provide a big power increase, but compared to the Garrett and HKS stuff it is old technology.

My dream would be a nice HKS GT-RS Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had my eye on it Evil or Very Mad
I'm still to fully research the engine it self as i've only just made the decision to go the 1G. I need to look into the best engine components to start with (ie from exp. 18r-g engines have differing heads and pistons which mix and match as do 4ag's)
but haven't looked into this get. Idea is to get the best that technology has to offer in respect to efficency of parts.(ie roller bearing turbos, VVTi) and see what happens from there.
But for now I'll be on the search function for a while Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starting with a Gen3 1GGTE from a stock viewpoint would probably be the best, as far as I know they are all roughly the same, the block of my Gen2 is as far as I can tell the same as that of my 1GEU. They didn't have all the different AFM/MAP versions. Apparently the Gen3 1GGTE injectors are also the largest so they'd be better for the task you want.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid question, does the gen3 have vvti?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope. The 1GGTE finished production sometime around 1993 and the vvti Toyota sixes didn't start coming out till around 96.

They do have TVIS though.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is the head bolt pattern of the 1GGTE the same as a 1GEU (read lexus IS200) I have a feeling however the 1Geu head would be very restrictive once turbo'ed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I severely doubt the 2 valves/cyl non-crossflow head of the 1GEU is close to the 1GG(T)E head at all Smile Lexus IS200 has 1GFE. The head bolt pattern should be idential as the blocks havent changed since the early 80's when they were released.

In your situation I'd probably be more concerned with the matching of the turbo with the flow of the 1GGTE head than the benefits of vvti.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thourght that might be the case Smile
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica Bugman is selling his 3 inch exhaust almost brand new if ya wanna buy one give him a yell
he paid like a grand wants 400 i think

craig
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Fri, 31 October 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I'll be selling my ehaust cost me a grand and fits a 1g into a ra28 perfectly. it has flange at the muffler so I can put a straight pipe in. and the cat sits roughly under the drivers seat and the whole system is really quite straight, which reduces drone and increases power. I used to get around without muffler and drive it in peak hour everywhere.

cost $945.00
wanted to get $500
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Sat, 01 November 2003 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HmMmMmM Might be interested in that exhaust system bugman...mine is a 1988/89 GA70 mk3 supra...think it will work? but you are in sydney though Sad Sad Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Sun, 02 November 2003 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt it would work...
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1GGTE info and suggestions Sun, 02 November 2003 04:40 Go to previous message
Oh Man...tot I can just pick up a new exhaust somewhere for a resonable price rather then getting the workshop to wield up something for me Crying or Very Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AC Distributor Problem
Next Topic:SW20 MR2 timing belt myth?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 17:44:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060398578643799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.