Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Wed, 12 November 2003 03:32 Go to next message
EDIT: I am selling now, Price is at $800 ono for the lot. Everything is near new also.

Im possibly considering selling my front coilover and brake set up, all depending on what i want to do as an upgrade.

Ok pic's first

This shows my rideheight as it is at the moment, I can go another 2.5 inches lower at the front but no point as wheel will hit gaurds.
http://board.performanceforums.com/gallery/data/500/16DSCF0003-med.JPG

This pic shows the larger vented brakes
http://board.performanceforums.com/gallery/data/500/16DSCF0008-med.JPG

And this pic (blurry i know, digicam WONT focus at all) shows my coilover set up.. read down for full details.
http://board.performanceforums.com/gallery/data/500/16DSCF0009-med.JPG

Ok First up my Camber tops are NOT for sale So dont ask me about them. The coilover and brake set up is near new and isnt that old, yes some of it is dirty because the car is driven and not show ponied around.

Spring rate is 6.25 kg/mm, 60mm ID and 200mm length.
Strut is an RA40 item, Cut down 70mm, spring platform removed and coilover sleve fitted, a short stroke shock was fitted, Shocks were bought brand new.

At all times the spring is captitive, unlike most lowered cars this has full travel also, while there are no bumpstops, at the ride height pictured there is a total of 3 inches travel which you wont in hell ever get close to maximising.

brakes are a MA61 item with custom backing plate made up to mount the brake caliper. It is a very effective set up with the rotors being 258mm and ventelated.

This set up is fantastic for handling and drifting now. its all about 3 months old also.

All interested parties please email questions, thoughts comments and offers to me on

dmhaw@winshop.com.au

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 01:10]

Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Expressions of Interest: Performance Coilovers+brakes for AE86 Wed, 12 November 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might point out that these are SHort stroke coilovers, and that when you jacp the car up the wheels dont droop much at all Very Happy
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Expressions of Interest: Performance Coilovers+brakes for AE86 Wed, 12 November 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys this is a good deal for those who can't be bothered to do such things themselves, i am sure doing all this would require a lot of time and effort, so why bother ? you can just buy this setup from simon, something like this with brake upgrade, struts, springs, shocks would cost a leg and an arm, i am sure simon can do a good deal for us fellow ae86 gurus who don't have the time , and the next owner of this front suspension upgrade would be very happy ! good luck with the sale simon ! Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2003 07:58]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Expressions of Interest: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Wed, 12 November 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks jonny, its all true tho... a lot of time and effort has been put into making this set up work and it does!

its really a bolt up job for anyone who buys it, Bolt in, bleed brakes and away you go.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edited: Price is set at 800 ono now.

Ive had a few emails about it, i now have more pics anyone want them?
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a very good price everyone.

I'd be interested to hear about what you have in mind to replace this set-up Simon!

Cheers
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks youngy, Well i have 3 very interested parties at this stage.

This will be on a first come first served basis. So to avoid feeling left out put in a good offer and slam down a deposit.

cheers
Simon
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what brand are the shock inserts please. Are they top adjustable?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terry: they are a KYB Sport GT4 Group A Celica shock. Perfect length and shock shaft length. Only 2 months old also.

Rotor Reaction
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where about in brisbane?? would like to have a look
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i shortly will be recieving a holding deposit for these coilovers.

should the sale fall through i'll let the intereted parties know.

Cheers for the interest.
Simon
Malkomv2.0
Regular

May 2002
Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Sat, 15 November 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a compltely unrelated issue, what sort of mags are pictured, they look great! Are they import wheels off something like an S13?? I would be greatful for any info you can give me on them, like price, size and offset.
Cheers
Malkom
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Sat, 15 November 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea! the mags look mad! are they buddyclub wheels ? how much did u get the custom backing plate for? could u get anyomore??

my brakes are gone and im going for a brake upgrade..just want to get prices of adapters

thanks

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: For Sale: Short Stroke Coilovers + larger brakes for AE86 Sat, 15 November 2003 07:19 Go to previous message
the wheels are buddy club P1's. nice rim,that looks fantastic on pretty much anything.

there are a few sources for these in Sydney,and they're not obscenely priced either.

Justin...

p.s. free bump...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wrecking ae86
Next Topic:18r-c and parts in wa
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 11:54:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036911964416504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.