Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon9.gif  Garaged my car Sun, 23 November 2003 05:11 Go to previous message
Last sunday I noticed my silver celica on startup it was making noises like the belts where rubbing on something, but this disappeared after a few seconds. Not sure if it was, but I noticed on monday on the way to work the temp gauge was about halfway after about 15mins of driving. This is not normal in my car, it usually doesn't get past the first mark no matter how hard you go. So I pull into a service station, get some coolant, look at the run-off tank and its empty. I'm like, idiot, radiator is half empty or something, so I fill up the run-off tank and take off alittle slower. Still not really making a diff, so I pull over for abit, have a look at the run-off, and nothing much has been taken up. I think, maybe it just needs to sit for abit, so I park for about ten mins, then head off, regulating the speed to keep the tmep down.

Then on the way home, it rockets up to the top mark within 5 mins, so I pull over and have a look. The fan seems to be moving in and out alittle, which would explain the belt noises. I wait abit, its raining as well, so that should help marginally with temp but unfortunately gridlock so that sucked, then take off very cautiously. About ten mins later I hear a CLUNK under the hood, so I pull off at the next exit and find a back street and pop the bonnet. Doesn't take long to find the problem, the fan shaft looks like its been sheared off and ejected into but not damaging the radiator, so its done its run for the night. Towtruck, an hour and a half and $70 later and I'm home.

So, I've decided to garage it in expectation for the 1G conversion. The plan was to start saving for it after I come back from a holiday I'm going on in a few weeks. So the new plan is to get my black car reliable again, needs a new brake MC and a serious tune-up, and just use that as a run around while I save for and work on my silver, eventually orange - see thread Smile, celica, which I think is the best plan.

I moved it into the shed today and shed a quiet tear, as she won't be going out for a few months Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Garaged my car  gtmanSun, 23 November 2003 05:11
Read Message   Garaged my car Greg.Sun, 23 November 2003 06:27
Read Message   Re: Garaged my car gtmanSun, 23 November 2003 07:45
Read Message   Re: Garaged my car Greg.Sun, 23 November 2003 08:49
Read Message   Re: Garaged my car thechucksterSun, 23 November 2003 09:11
Previous Topic:Does anyone name their Cars?
Next Topic:What is it worth?? (1J Single turbo conversion)

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 11:23:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065159797668457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.