Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 07:14 Go to next message
last time, i tried Bars Leak and my engine stopped jerking and blowing smoke.

but after 2 weeks or so, my ratiator needs to top up like a week or so.

Bars Leak stated that the product can change every 120,000km. I think i've gone less than 500km.

Recently, my spare water tank for the radiator is always dehydrated, even when i fill them up few days ago. Steam came off around the spare tank, i think the spare tank is extracting water from the radiator or so.

but i just wanna know why my radiator is dehydrating?

i've tried Bars Leak, and i want my headgasket (most probably blown) to last for 1-2 months more...what other products out there could i use?
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem with products like that is that invariably they block up all the other good galliries and make the leaking headgasket worse..... you could try throwing some powdered pepper in and see if that helps ( thats basically all the stop leak products are anyhow)
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frankly, I think what you really need is a product most of us would be familiar with ..... mum's car Smile

I don't think i'd drive around for another 1-2 months with a stuffed head gasket if i was in your shoes. Costs too much money if other things screw up, and i'm guessing you don't have a whole lot of spare cash if you're willing to wait 1-2 months and you've got a 4A-C motor to begin with Smile
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must say that it is the best product that I have used, apart from when she finally gets the car back and realise's its got flat spots on the tyres Laughing Its almost as good as the product known as a business car...

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 09:07]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clancey wrote on Sun, 23 November 2003 18:38

Frankly, I think what you really need is a product most of us would be familiar with ..... mum's car Smile

i wish i have but my parents are not in Australia mate..

1RA11Y: powdered pepper? errr...u mean those from my kitchen..and just stuffed them into my radiator? Rolling Eyes
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is very hard for pepper to disolve so there is a fare chance it will help block any holes but still be thin enough the go thru all the other little this in the radiator.

Ive heard of it but never tried so im not sure if it works.

Good luck
tafebum
Regular

December 2002
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem you just stated is identical to what mine just developed, whuold like to know where all my coolant is going, as there are no signs of leaks
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently blown head gaskets are fairly common in 4ACs. Ours did it a while back and we have had a reconditioned head put on it. Will be doing a 4AG upgrade soon so the 4AC will be up for sale in the next two weeks here in Sydney if that's of any help to anyone.
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Sun, 23 November 2003 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like a good excuse to put in a 4AGE Surprised
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Mon, 24 November 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, Chem-i-weld fixes all problems. Chucked some in my 4A-C sprinter about a month ago and its going strong. Just get around to replacing it within a couple of months and she'll be beautiful!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AC problem again Mon, 24 November 2003 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup Chem-i-weld gets my vote. i always keep a bottle in my car and it has gotten a few mates out of trouble... it seals things up nicely, but god knows what it does to the bits that aren't leaking Wink..

Chem-i-weld fix good Very Happy
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AC problem again Mon, 24 November 2003 15:28 Go to previous message
yeah, well, its just a 4a-c anyway. Who gives a shit what other holes it blocks up? BTW, if the 4a-c in a sprinter has 58kw stock, do ya reckon its got anything over 30kw with a blown head gasket & 310,000kms?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Size of an AE92 engine bay ?? Anyone
Next Topic:RA65 front discs on to RT142
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 16:09:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037469863891602 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.