Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » I am sad. (but I am happy now! :D)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon9.gif  I am sad. (but I am happy now! :D) Wed, 26 November 2003 05:06 Go to next message
My Celica has now been unregistered for 10 days. I haven't driven in in like 7! It is sitting there, I walk past it like 20 times a day and I can hear it saying "Rob, take me for a spin."

BUT NO! I must remain strong. cannot.....drive.....celica.....till...registered. ...

stupid Government, where the heck am I supposed to come up with $800 buckaroonys for rego? I have my pink slip though...

ah dear. I guess I will just remain stranded here at my desk with only my mountain bike for transport..

ok, that's my pity party for the week.. next week I will repost a provacative comment on the "What do you do for a living" thread Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2003 12:28]

Send a private message to this user    
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must have missed an explanation post, how/why is it unregistered?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'cause he's poor it seems

"how am I supposed to come up with $800..."
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being poor sucks. I just got my tax back and it seems John Howard wants to extract 1300 from my colon. I don't really have that kind of money laying around Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wanna "sponser a celica" Razz heehee

Greg, you are very perceptive Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:59]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
year before it was 2200 so I guess thats a good thing. I'm not looking forward to next tax tho. I've been on contract all year and of course I haven't been putting tax money aside Razz

sigh..... Sad
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never had to pay tax back. Do you guys have accountants?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do mine myself, I wouldn't really feel like paying money to the gov AND to an accountant. My other problem is deductions, I also couldn't be bothered keeping receipts so I never claim anything back Razz

I wonder if I could write of my 1G install on tax... 'But I need it for work!' Razz
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 16:06

Stupid government, where the heck am I supposed to come up with $800 buckaroonys for rego? I have my pink slip though...

Am I missing something? $800? What for? Shocked Rego is about 500 bucks in Vic... Not that I'd know, I have a Disability Support Pension discount (my rego is $182 a year). Twisted Evil
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTP Green Slip = $565
Rego = $211

which is $775

pink slip (which I got) is $28 so total is now $803 Sad Not to mention I had to buy a new ball joint.... argh..

maybe I should get a bigger credit card.. haha NOT
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmms rob - looks like you might have to move to victoria .. just dont speed - or else good old bracksy will say " heres a fine , now bend over while i ream you some more by taking a few more dollars from your account with shoddy speed cameras Wink
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all this talk of rainbow coloured slips confuses me, we don't have anything like that here in wa Confused
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long can you let a car lie unregistered for before you have to go through all the safety, red tape crap...i've heard 3 months...any truth to this?

different in each state i would presume
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 16:40

all this talk of rainbow coloured slips confuses me, we don't have anything like that here in wa Confused

Yeah, please elaborate you over east ppls

Quote:

how long can you let a car lie unregistered for before you have to go through all the safety, red tape crap...i've heard 3 months...any truth to this?

In WA, it doesnt matter if you car was unlicensed for 1 day, 1 month 1 year, it still has to go over the pits, for a fee of $55 (payable whether you pass or not), and then the rego, (ranges from about 130-250 per 6 months, depending on weight/fuel type of car
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or in the case of my silver car, four years Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got my rego papers in the mail yesterday...

I gotta fix the car up first though... Front wheelbearing is stuffed again... So that's gunna be like $250 to fix that, then add Green Slip and the rego Sad Sad Sad ...

But look on the bright side, FREE PINK SLIP!!! Woo Hoo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Am I missing something? $800? What for? Shocked Rego is about 500 bucks in Vic... Not that I'd know, I have a Disability Support Pension discount (my rego is $182 a year). Twisted Evil

WOW... my disability pension never gave me THAT much of a discount.... Shocked
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have a disability??? Oh, I get it... You live in QLD! He he he. Laughing Razz Razz Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i spose beeing a kidney recipient doesnt count as much a disability now... Razz
but the 3 month comma, trying to die and shite like spending 2 1/2 years on a dialysis gave me a disability pension.

got full time work now as of 1 1/2 months ago, so i only got a year of use for my health care card now... Sad
i wouldnt mind if i didnt have to pay for medication the rest of my life.. Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doing your own pinkslips has its bonuses... you can register utterly shithouse cars and sell them.. hehehe.

and some food for thought: a friend of mine bought a car with WA plates so what he did was get a PO box in WA and his rego gets sent to that PO box then somehow sent to him in sydney and he pays crap all for rego. or i know someone else who does the same thing but has a PO box in some NSW country town so their greenslip is REALLY cheap. cause your greenslip depends on your car and where you live, suburbs of sydney being really expensive.
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rooted kidney ey! Cant expect much more fro someone from the rum capital Razz
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 18:43

doing your own pinkslips has its bonuses... you can register utterly shithouse cars and sell them.. hehehe.

and some food for thought: a friend of mine bought a car with WA plates so what he did was get a PO box in WA and his rego gets sent to that PO box then somehow sent to him in sydney and he pays crap all for rego. or i know someone else who does the same thing but has a PO box in some NSW country town so their greenslip is REALLY cheap. cause your greenslip depends on your car and where you live, suburbs of sydney being really expensive.

one of my bro's when he moved to north qld he kept his car rego'd here so he paid less Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silvercil40 wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 22:14

It is my understanding that the liver is what is damaged by heavy drinking not the kidneys... Am I correct or do I need to add being a retard to my list of problems?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2003 12:50]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 20:28

silvercil40 wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 22:14

It is my understanding that the kidney is what is damaged by heavy drinking not the kidneys... Am I correct or do I need to add being a retard to my list of problems?

hahHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH

read your post again, and I think you will agree that you definately need to add retarded to your list of problems Laughing Laughing Laughing

sorry mate, I just couldn't resist, classic typo Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FAR Q

I read on some other post that the edit feature is my friend. I think I will call on my friend now. Twisted Evil
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heehee lol you guyzzzzzzz Very Happy

I *might* be able to borrow the money to get my car registered tomorrow! woohoo borrowing... Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwuahaha, my quoted post remains there in all its glory Very Happy

good work Rob, get that baby singing again
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

mwuahaha, my quoted post remains there in all its glory

Very Happy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car was unregistered for over 20 days Sad
but with a little charm i got it registered Razz
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woohoo for rob, and lol at fuckups above Surprised
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pink slip = basic roadworthy certificate which requires annual renewal at rego time (any mechanic can do it) $28

blue slip = unregistered (more than 3 months) or interstate purchased vehicle inspection. Essentially its the same as the pink slip but a little more tough, much like going to the pits as only a few select places can do it, they check vin and chassis numbers etc (pink slip is purely safety and only has model of car and number plate). $90
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 01:24

pink slip = basic roadworthy certificate which requires annual renewal at rego time (any mechanic can do it) $28

blue slip = unregistered (more than 3 months) or interstate purchased vehicle inspection. Essentially its the same as the pink slip but a little more tough, much like going to the pits as only a few select places can do it, they check vin and chassis numbers etc (pink slip is purely safety and only has model of car and number plate). $90

my mate just bought an unregistered ta22 (been unregistered 1/2 months), so does he need a blue slip or pink slip?

its had an engine swap (2t-g instead of 2t) so does he need an engineers certificate too?

this is in victoria by the way....
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 15:21

CTP Green Slip = $565

So whats this cost?
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So whats this cost?

Green slip is if you have a accident it covers you for medical expenses to your passengers, or the people you hit.. and its compulsory to have it ..
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but with a little charm i got it registered

Do I even want to know Razz

Quote:

(been unregistered 1/2 months)

dude, do you mean 15 days? or 6 months? I can't remember what you told me! Smile I also don't know the rules in Viccyland either, soz mate! but here, 6 months = blue slip, <3 months = pink.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. So what has he been doing? Using mine. Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Yeah. So what has he been doing? Using mine.

yeah like TWICE, 'cause you have been out all the time so I don't get a chance.
Razz maybe I should just buy a supra..haha

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I am sad. Wed, 26 November 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy See, a Supra would be registered by now. A MUCh better car. Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pumpkin wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 05:17

Green slip is if you have a accident it covers you for medical expenses to your passengers, or the people you hit.. and its compulsory to have it ..

Woah, you guys states are fucked up.
We get that with out licence, its called compulsary 3rd party (not 3rd party fire + theft), and you have that coverage as long as you license is current.
But anyway, back to the original question, a Green slip is $500+ is it? damn thats expensive you'll get a Land Cruiser back on the road for less than $500, including 12 months rego.

So do you guys have Rego costs on top of all this?

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 00:45]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheesh. You lucky bastard. Very Happy

That is what our green slip is. Compulsory 3rd party. It's just that we have to pay $500 extra for it. Friggen government. Mind you we have a few more roads than you to look after. Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 08:52

Mind you we have a few more roads than you to look after. Smile

That doesn't justify anything, you've also got a helluva lot more cars using them, so even more funds for you
Anyway.. $500 to put a car back on the road, my full comprehensive insurance only just cost me that much.
Is this a one off fee? Only for putting unregistered cars back on the road, or is it paid every 5 years or so?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You son if a bitch, $500 for comprehensive!? I rang up AAMI last week to see if it is cheaper for me now... $2075 per year. My first car was stolen in 2001 and one accident that I claimed for means that I am still rating 5 after nearly 4 years off my L's!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah mate. $500 every single year for green slip.

$500 for compo????? Mine was quoted at $4750!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so let me clear this all up
To keep me and my car running, I pay
about $420 a year in rego (changes a bit year to year)
about $540 a year in full comp ($4500 + 2500 accessories, 55% no claim)
about $90 for 5 year license renewal

and thats it.

If I get a yellow sticker, it will cost about $55 for one pit pass, and then extra for what I have to replace on my car.
Thats it.

You guys?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucky bastard, so all up your's is about $1050

I pay (or will pay):

About $800 for rego
About $600 for 3rd party
Who knows how much for pink slip, but say $50
About $150 for 3 year license.

Total $1600.

Ack. Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daaaamn, quick, everybody move over to WA, live up the cheap car life
Actually no, fuck that, stay there, we want to keep Westralia Beautiful
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, well said Laughing

or just get your cars reg'd here with a PO Box
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah you can keep WA why would we wanna go there? id rather go to QLD but thats getting a bit like NSW (in a sense) in places.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car shall 'reside' in the garage at CrUZida's place.

And to top it off, perth roads are kickass (or so i hear) compared to the shite they shovel in and call a road over here.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 15:02

And to top it off, perth roads are kickass (or so i hear) compared to the shite they shovel in and call a road over here.

You leave your car at my place, and it may have a 1UZ sitting in the bay before you know it
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 18:07

BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 15:02

You leave your car at my place, and it may have a 1UZ sitting in the bay before you know it

Im trying to see the negative implications Cool
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You lose the 2JZ, that goes in my Cressida
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err....how about i drive over there and we do a swap then Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 07:57]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I am sad. Thu, 27 November 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 12:44

Daaaamn, quick, everybody move over to WA, live up the cheap car life
Actually no, fuck that, stay there, we want to keep Westralia Beautiful

W.A. is the best state anyways, i cant wait to head back over that way... Smile
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I am sad. Mon, 01 December 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in hind sight i really with i kept my rego\drivers licence in WA, when i moved back here

but i had to change my licence wheni got my motorbike learners (damn them)
and the guys like "that your SUPRA out there?"
i was so shocked he knew what it was i said it was...then he's like, i'll send you out all the info you need for changing rego Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I am sad. Tue, 02 December 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 16:59

gtman wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 16:40

Yeah, please elaborate you over east ppls

Quote:

In WA, it doesnt matter if you car was unlicensed for 1 day, 1 month 1 year, it still has to go over the pits, for a fee of $55 (payable whether you pass or not), and then the rego, (ranges from about 130-250 per 6 months, depending on weight/fuel type of car

Are you sure, last time I checked it was something like 30 days.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I am sad. Tue, 02 December 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDES!

I got my baby registered! Took it for a good flogging along Epping Rd... ahhh I LOVE my car... (someone lent me the money very nice of them)

even if it is driving around with the stock wheels on.. it feels so NICE. and goes so FAST.. and it is so COMFY to sit in, and the sunroof lets lots of SUN in and the clutch is GOOD, and stereo is so LOUD.

:D:D:D:

ahhh.. did I say it was nice to have my car back?

(btw I think you have like 90 days before the pits in NSW)
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I am sad. Tue, 02 December 2003 14:42 Go to previous message
lol, well done, have fun in your NICE, FAST, COMFY, GOOD, LOUD car. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Will toyota fans hate me
Next Topic:some court transcripts (boredom post part 2)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 21:50:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067458152770996 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.