Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Useless drivers!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 10:58 Go to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:55]

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with everyone one of those statements and also agree with the one where you could go on and on...

When ppl sit on my ass I just slam the brakes on... Easy as that...

Last week sometime, a silly bitch in a SV21 Camry cut straight infront of me with no blinker or anything, like I mean her rear bumber would have been about 1" away from my front bar so I beeped the horn... What does she do, flips the bird out her window... "What The Fuck" i though and it was time to play... So I pulled out, pulled beside her window, looked and smiled... So I crept forward not looking too sus and as soon as I was just infront, swerved into her lane and flipped the bird out my window... Then I started to slow down, slower and slower and slower... We were soon travelling at 35kms down the Pacific Highway Smile Smile Smile ... She wouldn't even come near the back of my car or try anything... So after she didn't play back, I gave up and went on my merry way...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Next time someone cuts me off I'm gonna over take them, then cut in front of them.

And I think you should need a special licence to drive a 4WD SUV thing. They are a menace when fucking soccer mums and dick execs who don't even know what dirt is get their hands on them.

News flash: A 4WD is for off road, not city driving ya dick.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 21:58

What is wrong with Sydney drivers? Have driving standards disappeared altogether? Seems every time I go out on the road someone wishes to kill me...

So I did the usual, knock back to 3rd, 2nd down to 20k's. He pulled out to overtake me (one lane each way), I booted it and he had to lock up to avoid a collision with the oncoming traffic...

ok kids who can tell me the meaning of the word contradiction?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:57]

wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just bloody move to perth mate, dont get hardly any of that stuff ova here!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plain and simple, you are a tard. I stripped down what you said to make it even easier for you to see your folley.

Conquest wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 21:58

Seems every time I go out on the road someone wishes to kill me...

I booted it and he had to lock up to avoid a collision with the oncoming traffic...

did u know that it is illegal to accelerate when someone is overtaking you?

you are a tard if u cant see the contradiction here. and seeing as tho you cant, i will help u.

forget about the tailgating driver it has nothing to do with my point.

you complain people try to kill you on the roads

YET

u try and kill someone by accelerating as they overtake you

YOU ARE A TARD

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2003 23:18]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree for the most part. We do have our fair share of bad drivers, but in a city of this size what do you expect? I have actually been noticing how good the MAJORITY of drivers are. i go through a school zone every day on the way to work, and in 3 months I have had someone come up the back of me ONCE. That's not bad. All the rest have obeyed the law as well.

And yes we do have people who cant drive straight etc, but really they are the very small minority.

And as for courtesy, there is the occasional idiot who thinks being one car in front is going to get him wherever he's going that much quicker, but most of them are ok. Trust me. You go overseas and you will realise just how courteous Sydney drivers are.

So yes I do get extremely annoyed when people do idiotic things around me and just cannot drive, but always try and remember that the majority of drivers are pretty good. Except for on Sunday that is. Smile
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've gotta agree with Rob on his point.

You speeding up when they're trying to overtake you is stupid and dangerous. Tard is too nice a word for you.

If someone is behind you (be it 10m or 1cm) who cares?! If you brake and they run into you its THEIR fault. Slowing down even more just aggravates the other driver and gets them to do something foolish to try and get past you.

Rolla boy, cutting back infront of someone isn't the right thing to do either. Grow up. And as for slowing down to 35 on a highway - your as dangerous as Conquest.

I HATE drivers like the two of you. Granted I'm not offen tailgateing or cutting in without indicating, but people that retaliate are DUMB!

Grow up or take the fucking train.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:58]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 10:32

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I was just trying to illustrate a point

Illustrate a point by trying to kill someone. Nice.

You can chisel your point into their grave-stone.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't believe you guys have so many issues with Sydney traffic. I've been there a few times and it's slow and congested but generally courteous. You want shitty, agressive, selfish, stupid, dangerous driving - come to Adelaide! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 25 November 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree lumpy. Look at my previous post. I seriously think Sydney traffic is the best "big city" traffic in the world. That is out of all the cities I have been to.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agree with lumpy here. Us South Ozzies are one of the best "defenders of my space in front of me"

Having said that, I used to react pretty stupidly at times and honk and swear etc, but there are too many road rage incidents these days, and you just don't know when someone has a gun, or all of the schmucks pile out and beat you sensless.... Mad

We had one guy last week, he got rear ended at a roundabout, the guys following taht ran into him got out of their car (was apparently 3 onto 1 and beat him pretty badly with a steering lock. Shocked Shocked

I am learning very rapidly to swear under my breath, back off and be thankful I'm still alive. Doesn't mean their behaviour is right tho' Rolling Eyes
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My general theory of sydney traffic is that it's so congested and slow, people are used to it and realise they have to let other people turn in etc etc. Which is what Cal has described.
In Adelaide, it's like a big country town, and no-one stops to let you in, or gives you space. A 5 minute wait in line at a set of lights turns people into honking idiots. There was front page news a couple of months ago because the time to go across the city at peak hour had increased from 15 minutes to 20 minutes!!

You do feel like honking, swearing, flipping the bird, and giving someone a taste of their own medicine when they cut you off, driv stupidly, tailgate etc. But it's dangerous, illegal and stupid so it's better to try and hold composure, mutter under your breath and not get the crap beaten out of you by a car full of dickheads at the next set of lights. Confused
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whenever I'm driving around through the city the traffic is usually congested, but there are quite a few courteous people out there. Pacific Hwy, when its raining I hate, lotsa people changing lanes without indicating and generally driving like dicks, makes a 25 minute trip take an hour and a half. I also have my doors locked when I'm driving through the city Confused
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. 15 mins hey? Very Happy Very Happy

I think that's right. People here are just more used to having to wait, so when they have to it's no big deal. And we all know what it's like for that merging person, so we are happy to let them in because we know that the favour will be returned most of the time.

What aggravates me is when you let someone in and they dont wave thankyou. Mad Mad
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:59]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All right settle down guys.

No-one likes to find out that they're the Pot and at least as dark a shade as the Kettle.

I think that will be enough of the flaming.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Geez where in Sydney are you from? Here in the south I get abused by the drivers behind me for letting people merge into traffic.

Very Happy I'm from the north-west. Very Happy I have never been abused for letting someone in. Even when I have had to slow WAY down because they are to idiotic to tel lif I am letting them in or not.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I live in melbourne and I used to think we were better than sydney drivers..just coz of the usual rivalry. But in all honesty, without a doubt. Melbourne is the worst. After speaking with people that said we were bad, I realised that yeah, we suck. So angry, but more importantly ready to pounce on some mistake made. A simple wave helps people get along so much easier. A simple thumbs up when someone lets you in. Coz as soon as u admit your wrong or made a mistake, acknowledge gratitude after someone did something nice, Aggression somehow dissapears. So often thats all you have to do, put your and in the air and wave, esp when u move into someones lane a little close, at least then they won't assume your to ignorant to care. Or the one that really helps stress levels is to just keep on driving, ie ignore them.
Cheers, Jacob.

in a total contradiction, hows this for a bumper sticker?
Don't like road rage? Neither do I, so DON'T CUT ME OFF
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

What aggravates me is when you let someone in and they dont wave thankyou.

LOL, yep, I hate that.

Eastwood excluded I find Sydney a heaps good place to drive in generally. If you need to get let in, I get let in. By the same token I let people in. Sure it might irritate me that they drove up the left, but hey, I sometimes do the same.

If someone is being a complete moron, I might downgear them, but that happens what, twice a year?

You guys are all SO darn agressive. I mean really. I hope I don't have to drive near you all Very Happy

And don't tell me that I don't drive! I was a delivery driver in the CBD for 8 months and have experienced it all.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete, I can't believe you. Are you saying that Conquest shouldn't slow down to a crawl when a 4WD tailgates him?

And yeah, Melbourne is bad. But think of France! To get a parallel car park, they will bump into your car, and move it out of the way, then do the same to the car your parked next to until there is enough room for them!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree Aplus. If you (heaven forbid) stall it at the lights or something. Just put up your hand and wave sorry. It takes no effort and smooths things over.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Absolutely! 4WDs have big bumper bars, generally they can PUSH you out of the way!

And its always bad to aggravate other drivers as it always reciprocates back to you.

My girlfried often gets tailgated, but thats because she cares about whats going on behind her. I don't get tailgated becase if its behind me I'm over it, move on with your life.

For the record, in school zones ALWAYS do the 40km/hr during the posted times. One of my biggest fears is hitting a kid with a 1.6 tonne car. If theres someone behind you trying to push you along, just continue going the same speed. Theres no point slowing down further!

And yes, in parts of france (maybe all of it?) its illegal to park with your handbrake on because that way people can't push your car with their bumpers!

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

For the record, in school zones ALWAYS do the 40km/hr during the posted times. One of my biggest fears is hitting a kid with a 1.6 tonne car. If theres someone behind you trying to push you along, just continue going the same speed. Theres no point slowing down further!

Hear Hear!!! It's 200 meters or so. It's going to take about 2 minutes longer (max). It's not THAT big a deal. And if it saves some kids life, then, heck it's worth it! Speeding in a school zone is utter stupidity of the highest order. The other day I was trundling along and a big gt4 flew past me at goodness knows what speed. Why? To show me he could go faster than me? Pfft! Just makes me mad.
rollawagon
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to see i'm not the only one who has respect for school zones,really what are these tools thinking???you should try it up here in QLD.the left lane is usaully full of geriatrics who think their age gives them the right to do anything and then the silly wenches who sit in the right hand lane 10ks under the speed limit causing people to get really peeeved.in the last 2 months i worked out that a average of 8 out of 10 slow cars in the right lane are women off in their little lala world.what happened to keep left unless over taking????
another thing up here is that people dont seem to realise indicators were put there for a reason,to let other motorists know where your going, but here they must be an optional extra.
if you have a nice car that u take pride in all the more reason for them to use the braille parking method(when u feel the bump your nearly there)

what can we do
JAZE
zorrt
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well dont u hate it when bloody truckies honk ya for no apparent reason. I over took a truck on the M4 once and i got honked for that and trust me I indicated and I didnt just jump in front of it either. And just the other day I was waiting at the red lights and I got honked by another stupid truckie becuz I didnt launch my car the second the lights turned green! Sure I'd understand if I didnt see the lights change and staring into space but hell I was already accelerating when I got honked! Next thing you know, the truckie was like 300m behind me and I was just driving normally, bloody impatient bastards. They can drive as slow as they want but when you do it they get all shitty.
zorrt
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh also, why is it that the majority of women drivers dont know how to give way? Or even give you a sign of thanks when you give them way? And why is it that peak hour traffic drivers dont know how to give way either? Its like 5 second of your time for every car you give way to dammit. So if any of you girls see a rolla not letting you cut in line, it could be me Smiley = And why do some people feel the need to indicate for a right turn the second the lights turn green so that the person behind you would have to change lane becuz you're waitin for the green arrow so you can turn? Yea I'm lettin off some steam too and I have alot of it driving to and back work everyday!
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Wed, 26 November 2003 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate irritating drivers, really pisses me off as it probably does all of you, but I try to contain myself.

The other week pulled up at a set of lights when it was red, saw my mate next to me, said "hi" then went as the lights turned green. Then there is this woman a few inches behind me bipping her horn. So I kept goin and everywhere I went she followed me, so I pulled over and walked up to her and said "what is your problem", and she replied "You were blocking traffic at the lights blah blah blah and my husband is a police officer" I told her that I cant wait for her husband to come visit me. Anyway long story cut short this stupid bitch said she was goin to follow me to my house to get my address and I am like yea try and follow me then. She couldnt follow me as she got stuck up by traffic, but what kind of fucked up self depressed police mans wife does that kind of shit??? Seriously?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2003 12:27]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Thu, 27 November 2003 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha ta23, thats some funny shit.
I bet she doesn't fly off the line at every green light.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Useless drivers!!! Thu, 27 November 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely if "Hubby" was a cop the old bag could have taken your number plates and let him look it up himself... but then what sort of self respecting cop goes looking for work like this... They'd rather grab a deck chair and a LIDAR and kick back for a few hours of speed trapping.

I really hate it when you are trying to merge (at speed [read: cnr Silverwater Rd & Victoria rd @ Rydalmere])and some a*hole speeds up so you can get in front of them even though you're already doing the speed limit
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Thu, 27 November 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it was a very weird expedition for me that day, having done nothing wrong whatsoever, and being told that I was blocking traffic Laughing .

She did say she had my plates and her cop husband was going to come visit me, I said sure I hope he visits me this afternoon. I would really have loved to tell the cop that her wife was tailgating me and following me everywhere I went, I only wish I got her plates. I am still waiting for the cop to visit, but I dont think he will.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Thu, 27 November 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 10:00]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Thu, 27 November 2003 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with taplus22 as well.

its all about fuckin courtesy, and who can be the bigger man and give out a apologise/thankyou....

even pedestrains. we dont HAVE to let you cross the road, a thankyou would be nice....

Surprised

/end rant= im tired Crying or Very Sad
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Fri, 28 November 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In regards to tailgating, don't just slow down....COME TO A COMPLETE AND UTTER STOP!!!!

Works a treat. Very Happy

PS: Do it carefully mind so that they dont run up your arse. Razz

I did it to some Lake Haven scum the other weekend after they cut in on me before a roundabout.

After the roundabout, i overtook, cut in on them, then slowed to a complete stop. After the culprits beeped and tooted their lil hoons in fustration, whilst a line of traffic banked up behind them, the stoopid bitch of a driver hopped out and came storming up to my car. Hey baby cakes, im not having some trashy lake haven scum shouting and kicking my chunky pup of a broomers, so i casually accelerated away, whilst the stoopid trash lady stood their cursing me as she was now holding up the traffic.

hehehehe...that'll teach you.

Sometimes drastic action much be taken to teach people a lesson. Very Happy

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Fri, 28 November 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tip: if you intend of addopting my method of ridding your babys arse of tailgaters, please do not gesture.

Not gesturing ie. giving the finger etc infuriates the offender even more, because you appear more relaxed when pissing them off, hence pissing them off more! Yay!

I love it!

To all those who are reading this in disgust, and will most likely insult me, not that i care, i have a question:

How many times have you slowed down, slammed the brakes only to find the moron tailing you comes back up onto your arse again? You do it again, then they tail you again. They just wont get off your arse!

Yes my methods drastic...yes it may hold up innocent drivers, but the offender can't belive you actually f**king stopped in the middle of the road, thats one shithead who will think twice about tailgating again, in case somebody else does the same thing!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Fri, 28 November 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quit complaining about other drivers you girls

forum should be defined in the dictionary as an electronic place of whinging
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Fri, 28 November 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Fri, 28 November 2003 20:55

quit complaining about other drivers you girls

forum should be defined in the dictionary as an electronic place of whinging

There is no harm in expressing disgust about people who cant drive, I am sure if you had an experience involving another useless driver you would express it to someone...right Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Fri, 28 November 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta23 wrote on Fri, 28 November 2003 21:40

There is no harm in expressing disgust about people who cant drive, I am sure if you had an experience involving another useless driver you would express it to someone...right Smile

You do of course realise that everybody you have pissed off on the road for various reasons thinks that you can't drive?
It works both ways, now that they think you can't drive properly, they automatically assume that they can

The best way to teach people how to drive is to do the CORRECT thing infront of them.
Wave them in, let them pass, stick to the speed limit.

The only way people will learn to drive correctly, is to see other people do it, or to be fined by the cops for doing the wrong thing.
This is the only way..
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Fri, 28 November 2003 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 10:01]

jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Useless drivers!!! Sat, 29 November 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If someones tailgating you, just pull over and let them past.

You'll have forgotten about it in less than a minute and they can annoy someone else.

Really easy.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Sat, 29 November 2003 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess the responsible thing to do is to let the tailgaters pass. Problem is most of the time once they are passed, they sit just below the speed limit! I freekin' hate that so much!!
What happened in the last 30 seconds that now they are not in a hurry to get to wherever they are going?!?!

Once had a guy tailgating me on the way to my mothers place (out in warburton). This guy was realy close even though I was going a little fast. So I slowed down to about 10 below the limit. Anyway, as soon as we get a double laneway, bam, he guns it to about 90 (I think it was an 80 zone, I forget). And zooms past me. All is good now so I head back up to 80. Low and behold, after two corners, I'm behind him doing 70!!

Anyway, the responsible thing to do would be to pull away from the lights slowly and carefully, not to race, take corners carefully and slowly, and not to speed. I think there are a lot of people here (I'm not gonna point any fingers) who do not allways do these things, so why do ya think we (I mean they... didn't I say they?) are gonna do the responsible thing here?

Very Happy
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Useless drivers!!! Tue, 02 December 2003 14:32 Go to previous message
CrUZsida wrote on Sat, 29 November 2003 00:53

ta23 wrote on Fri, 28 November 2003 21:40

You do of course realise that everybody you have pissed off on the road for various reasons thinks that you can't drive?
It works both ways, now that they think you can't drive properly, they automatically assume that they can

My post says there is no harm in expressing disgust about people who cant drive, as you stated I may piss other drivers off but they can do the same thing as this, express their disgust.

But beside the point I expressed my disgust in some pathetic driver doing things that I would never do, of course I may have pissed people off in small ways but not in the way this lady did (read post up above) so therefore I do have right to express my disgust and there is no harm doing so on this forum. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:i got quoted for 4ag
Next Topic:Anyone know of any 1tonne clubs in qld
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 13:41:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073351860046387 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.