Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How fast is your celica going?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 07:19 Go to next message
Just wondering guys but in my car while driving along in 4th gear at 3,000rpm i'm doing 80km/h just wondering what other celica's are doing at that rev range and gear. like to see how much it varies depending on rim size. i'm running 13's
  Send a private message to this user    
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At about 7,000 rpm in overdrive I,m doing just over 120 mph at the finish line in 12.3 sec .

Trevor
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Totally stock 18r-c auto 4000rpm = 120kph.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think my 5 speed celica did about 110 at 3000

I dunno what it does now as I only have had it driving for a day.

Tim.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine does about 110km/h in 5th except i know that at exactly 3,000rpm in 4th is 80km/h didn't know weather it would be a noticable difference seeing though i have smaller rims than standard
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old 76 Galant used to do 125-130 in 4th(only 4 speed manual)
Damn that was fun....cruising around this long long long corner at that kind of speed....if you turned too much the car would start moving sideways and forwards at the same time Very Happy
eerie feeling
thank god we were never caught(since i was still on learners when i had that car and it was in a 50 zone)
but its not a celica so i dont count Sad
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Wed, 31 July 2002 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn,
110km/h, 3,800-4000 in 5th...!!! Go the T50!! hehehe
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easy answer...
NOT FAST ENOUGH!!!

LOL
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
110km/h, 3,800-4000 in 5th...!!! Go the T50!!
thats the sme as the 2TG in my rolla Smile
Z1Soarer
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shite!

how is the highway economy then?
I know doing 110km I sit on around 22/2300rpm in overdrive in the Soarer
Celica RA45
Regular

May 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine does 100 kph at 3500 rpm with 14 x195x60 series and .880 overdrive and 4.3 diff ratio .top speed 8100 in 5th is 233 kph down the straight
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get about 280km out of 40L in my normal day to day driving but when on the freeway i get 450km out of 40L now thats a big bloody difference.

204km/h in 5th gear at around 6,300rpm (takes a while to get there though) Cry
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn 204?? Mine's seen 175 at about 6000. I'll check out my 4th gear speed tomorrow. I've got 14s and manual box on mine.

BTW My old 18R-G got 170 at about 4500rpm. Just when the cams started to come in.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2002 10:32]

Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
icon3.gif  Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rim size won't altering your speedo/rev counter readings unless you have had your speedo recalibrated. Running 13" or 20" makes no difference as you are comparing readings from the gearbox (speedo) and engine (rev counter). Basically any same model celica (with same factory diff ratio) will always read the same revs at any given speed.

Purple Beasty
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
top speed for me
115 in neutral going downhill

in gear 105 or 110 not pushing it hard though
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean its somewhere around that rev range, i had better things to do then watch the revs at that speed Laughing
but there is one thing i have noticed about the celica's speedo if you accelerate as fast as you can then back off the gas and watch the speedo it takes a few seconds to catch up to the cars speed so timing yourself from 0-100km/h using the speedo gives you a slower reading then what your actually doing. also my car hits about 170km/h with no problems except once it gets to 170 it VERY VERY slowly creeps up and up like only 1km/h at a time so you need a very long PRIVATE ROAD hehehe to do it maybe one like the hume highway heading out of melbourne Razz but yeah the speedo hit about 170 then stopped and wouldn't go any higher so thats why i use a GPS in my car to give me an accurate speed reading and being a digital display helps you get it right.

So i wouldn't trust my life on the old Celica speedo's get someone with a GPS in your car then see what your car can really do. Rolling
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats GPS ??
and how much ??
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GPS=Global Positioning System umm good one about $500+ uses the satalites to work out your global position accurate to within 1 meter and tells you speed and altitude and everything on the way to melbourne they have one of those electronic things that tells you your speed the sign said i was doing 92km/h gps said 92km/h speedo said 108km/h Freak
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhk
thought it was global positioning
a little pricey though

ARGH
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well at 7000 rpm i hit 60 kmh in first. 100 kmh in second and about 140 in 3rd. i touched on 180 the other day in 5th and was doing about 5600 rpm.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How fast is your celica going? Thu, 01 August 2002 21:51 Go to previous message
yeah well manipulate i didn't pay for it Smile mum got it for dad so we can record fishing spots and go back to the exact same spot but i'm the only one who knows how to use it. great for when your going on a trip as you enter all the towns you will be going through so it lets you know how man k's to that town and how long its going to take you at that speed to get there of course it says it all in the way the crow flys and doesn't take into account the roads twisting and turing but it gives you a pretty good idea of how long it will take you to the next town i think they are worth the money. but then again i doubt i would buy one myself
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:In 1 weekend!
Next Topic:Cheap and Good quality polishing and plating in brissy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 18:28:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060579776763916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.