Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » which motor should i use?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
which motor should i use? Sun, 30 November 2003 23:39 Go to next message
I own a 1990 Toyota Hilux and im after a new motor for it and i was interested in any ideas for putting it in im a young guy so not much money and want the best value for money option. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reef out the R series engine in it now and fit either a 1G-GTE or GZE.
Mitch.
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it currently has a 2Y motor in it as its a grinner, will i run into any problems putting a 1G-GTE or GZE into her. it currently has a w50 box behind it will this bolt up, what are the specs of this motor. and what will it cost to purchase
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before you do anything contact your state licencing authority and find out exactly what you are allowed to do regarding engine swaps.
No - the W50 will not directly bolt up to a G series engine. You should be able to fit an 18RG to your Hilux however.
A front cut (engine / gearbox - usually auto) of a 1G-GTE/GZE can cost anywahere from $800 to $1500. You have to shop around.
Mitch.
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Had a 18RGU that i was originally going to put in it as it came with the gearbox behind it in the end i sad fuck it and i found out that it was a illegally conversion if i kept going as the motor was older then my ute is what manual box's will bolt up to a 1G' series motor as i like the idea of super charging instead of turbos as i hate lag.what vehicles are the 1GGTE's originally from?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, if you want answers that make sense to you, you are going to have to ask questions that I can understand, so please use some punctuation, like comma's and fullstops, so I can follow you.
Now that you have given me some background, I have a chance to answer you better.
Don't know how you can say you hate lag if you have lived with a good turbo-charged car for any length of time......
Anyway.
What you can look at is a 1990's model Mark II, Soarer, Chaser, Cresta GX8x series for a 1G - GTE (twin turbo) or GZE (s/c) engine. Even the GA70 Supra had a GTE, I just don't know when they discontinued that combination, maybe late 1989.
If you have a 1G manual bellhousing you will be able to bolt up a W57 (RA60) or W58 (Supra) gearbox. W55 gearboxs will also mate up - providing again that you have a compatible bellhousing.
Please read the tech articles at this web-site. It will answer a lot of your questions.
knackers
Regular

November 2002
Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daz
Put a 1ggte in to it i did,and man i have a great hilux ute now.
Have a look at my web page .http://www.minitruckzone.com/knackers/
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: which motor should i use? Mon, 01 December 2003 14:13 Go to previous message
13b 13b Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2TB/ 2TG,
Next Topic:What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 23:14:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035138130187988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.