Toymods » General Car Talk » Car Vandalising Idiots

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon9.gif  Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 00:15 Go to next message
Drove into the city (Adelaide) last night to meet a couple of mates for a couple of beers (low key birthday celebration). Parked in a well lit location around the corner from the pub, on Hutt St. Was only gone a couple of hours and when we came back to my car some (insert massive line of expletives here) WANKER had walked across the bonnet of my Supra. You could see the foot prints over the bonnet and two dents where the bonnet bulge was stepped on. They've stressed the metal and it's not going to be easy (if possible) to get the dents out. I'll take some pics later if someone can post them. I'll probably need a new bonnet (+respray). It's not worth claiming on insurance.

I mean who the hell treats some-ones car like that? Even if I was furious at the owner I'd never damage their property. It was probably some pissed idiots walking by..... No f**king respect for people's property.

I guess this is cautionary tale, and rest assured my baby won't be going back to the city again. Just so pointless and stupid. Hopefully it was caught on a surveillance camera I noticed I had parked beneath - I'll have to try and find out who owns/runs the camera and if they have any footage.

Sorry for the long rant but I'm furious. To quote from Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction - "I'm pretty f**king far from OK man" Mad Mad

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 00:16]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ffs idiots

probably jealous idiots man..

hope shes okay! Smile

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy = grumpy today. Mad

But the Supra will endure. I don't treat it like a princess or anything, and it's not the prettiest car on the road, but the sheer stupity of the vandalism pisses me off. It's only some bent metal, but it's the cost and hassle and everything else for one person's stupid action.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Overflow from the hospital or wanderers for the park..
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably some Hollywood movie star chasing a terrorist... In movies they run across hundreds of cars' bonnets without appologising. Razz
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I should add that I f*ckin' hate vandals too... When I had it, I had my VL Calais keyed from near the front indicator light to the rear one on both sides. They seemed to aim for the fuel filler cap too so that meant EVERY panel was scatched. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy..i live a stone away from hutt st...there are idiotic drunk guys outthere every weeknights...if i'm not mistaken...it must be drunk ppl coming out from Havelock hotel..

that's where all the drunkies i see everytime i passs there..

gl with the survelience cam..

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 05:14]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I think it was probably some drunken f**kwits walking from the Havelock (when it closed) to the East End Exchange.

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that fuckin sucks dude, i just about lost it when someone flowered my celica....

what model supra do you have?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate the exchange with a passion
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Sun, 30 November 2003 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's an MA70 (Mk3).

The exchange isn't really my cup of tea, but it was a mate's birthday.
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumpy I know how u feel man, some prick egged the side of my car scratching the paint during the weekend, not as much damage as yours but still pissed me off just the same.
It makes u think what's the point of having a nice car if you can't park it somewhere for 30 mins without some stupid, dickless f**kwit doing something to it. Mad
Now that I got that out of my system good luck with getting them on the surveilance cam.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't like your chances with the security cam... The operators of those are usually real pricks who would only hand over a tape if you had a court order for them to do so... Or you gave them head. Confused
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Lumpy,

Sad shit. There are some real oxygen thieves out there.

My missus car was parked just off Grenfell street (during the day) and someone scratched something on the windscreen and we had to replace that. Arseholes !!!

Bugger

Michael B
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poor Lumpy. Good luck with the cam. If this happened to my Supra (if I had one) I would get a court order and see if I couldn't take the vandals down. Problem is the system is geared against people like us. Or so it seems.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 12:34

My missus car was parked just off Grenfell street (during the day) and someone scratched something on the windscreen and we had to replace that. Arseholes !!!

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are. How was their life improved by scratching on a window (or walking over a bonnet)? What benefit is obtained? Does mindless vandalism lead to improved self esteem? Hanging's too good for em'!!
Doctakay
Regular

January 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the hotel is responsible for their patrons and their actions within a 500 meter radius of it. ( but who really should be responsible eh? fucken sick and stupid society were becoming ) So best of luck with getting that security tape dude, report the incedent to the police etc so you have a paper trail and the cops shoul make them operator hand it over (if there's any justice in this world). Prove that the chode smokers that did it came from a particular hotel and you should be able to seek compensation from either the fucknut patrons or the hotel. and if that plan bears no fruit...

Hunt them like the dogs they are...

"Australia is a big country, and shovels are cheap."
Mark Brandon Reed.

Regards,
Chris.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doctakay wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 18:24

Mark Brandon Reed.

Regards,
Chris.

TRUE!! TRUE!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you should definatly report it and make them pay... short of that, go with Doctakay's plan B. Very Happy
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doctakay wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 18:24

Mark Brandon Reed.

This is the finest quote I think I've seen here yet. If you don't have a shovel I could probably put them in a bridge pile for you. Find the tape and also any others that may show where they came from. The pub IS responsible for the actions of patrons.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be so pissed.. i would be getting that tape.. siting outside the
hotel every niught with a baseball bat hoping they would come back
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a alarm or camera in your car Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Mon, 01 December 2003 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks all for the supportive posts, I have calmed down a bit now!

Security camera was no good as apparently it points inwards to the door of the apartment block and not at the street... I reported it to the police who said it was probably typical drunken louts and they'd be pissed off too. Understandably, there wasn't anything the police could do without witness's etc.

At the end of the day, there's not much more to do than fix the car and never leave it on the street in the city again. Mad

I love the Chopper Read quote tho! Laughing

It might be time to upgrade the alarm system too....
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 02 December 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Know how you feel man...I spent $8000 on spraying my Supra with that paint that changes colour when the light falls from different directions...forget wat its called. My baby got keyed all the way around and the bonnet got scribbles & shit on it Mad Mad Mad Had to do it all over again Crying or Very Sad

FU*K ALL YOU VANDALS!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
letmedrift
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 02 December 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chrome?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 02 December 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's called Harliquin.

Perhaps you SHOULD park it in the same place, and see if they come back... but this time park an old bomb instead of your nice ride... and put a bomb in it. MWAHAHAH.

Okay, perhaps thats a bit over the top.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 02 December 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 02 December 2003 21:58

Know how you feel man...I spent $8000 on spraying my Supra with that paint that changes colour when the light falls from different directions...forget wat its called. My baby got keyed all the way around and the bonnet got scribbles & shit on it Mad Mad Mad Had to do it all over again Crying or Very Sad

FU*K ALL YOU VANDALS!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

About 80% of cars with harlequin paint are show cars and trailer hoes that rarely see the street. Razz
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 02 December 2003 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 02 December 2003 21:28

Know how you feel man...I spent $8000 on spraying my Supra with that paint that changes colour when the light falls from different directions...

It's a pigment called Chromaflair (made in the USA), or Variochrom (made in Germany). The cost of Chromaflair pigment alone is $10,000 per Kg. Variochrom is a cheaper at ~$1000 per Kg but not as dramatic.

It seems that there a massive percentage of jealous idiots out there.... Mad Mad

I see a few cars driving around with those paint jobs - looks amazing, especially on a modern car with plenty of curved surfaces.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 02 December 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 08:54

dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 02 December 2003 21:28

Know how you feel man...I spent $8000 on spraying my Supra with that paint that changes colour when the light falls from different directions...

It's a pigment called Chromaflair (made in the USA), or Variochrom (made in Germany). The cost of Chromaflair pigment alone is $10,000 per Kg. Variochrom is a cheaper at ~$1000 per Kg but not as dramatic.

It seems that there a massive percentage of jealous idiots out there.... Mad Mad

I see a few cars driving around with those paint jobs - looks amazing, especially on a modern car with plenty of curved surfaces.

it even looks good on square cars amazingly... saw it on an old bomb pulsar... like shit car with paint job worth more than car... purple to green colour flip. looked good
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Wed, 03 December 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that paint was called ChromeIllusion. Confused There must be many brands.... And I've also seen shitbox cars with thousands of bucks worth of paint on 'em. Shocked
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Wed, 03 December 2003 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$10,000 for paint Confused

i hope it comes with a life time supply of head jobs for that price Razz Very Happy
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Wed, 03 December 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 21:06

I thought that paint was called ChromeIllusion. Confused There must be many brands....

The paint itself would be called different names depending on who makes it (PPG, Glasurit, Akzo Nobel, Protec) - but they all use the same brand of pigment to get the colour/effect.

You can get new "holographic" pigments now that look silver but give a rainbow of colours depending on the angle of incident light - much like those old stickers! There is some amazing paint technology out there....
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Thu, 04 December 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 08:43

$10,000 for paint Confused

i hope it comes with a life time supply of head jobs for that price Razz Very Happy

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOworht it...just really pisses you off when some jealous dickhead screws around with your car Evil or Very Mad
Secrutioner
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Tue, 09 December 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everytime i leave my car somewhere there seems to be a dint/scratch or mark somewhere on the beast... sigh...
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: Car Vandalising Idiots Fri, 12 December 2003 12:46 Go to previous message
it really pisses me off too. Last year some idiots werent happy with just walking over my camry they jumped on the bonnet and roof. I still dont know what posseses people to ruin something that someone else worked their arse off for.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Holden workshop CD
Next Topic:left foot braking
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 16:52:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054998397827148 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.