Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » My car as a mobile home for spiders..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
megan
Regular

December 2002
My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 04:22 Go to next message
Hi,

I guess you can tell when its summer when you leave you car stand for a few days with a vent open you get a compliment of huntsman spiders.

Mine seem to have a pension for sun visors so much so that I check each time I get into my car.

And as it turns out they appear to start young as todays spiders were only 1.5" across.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it only endemic to my MS85.?

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Megan

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2003 04:23]

Send a private message to this user    
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup, Megan, get em all the time, leaving my car under a tree doesnt help, covering my car with a cover (when i culd b bothered too) does, however its not so bad when they appear on the outside of the car, at which point its a simple case of, windscreen wiper on, bye bye charlie, however when they are on the INSIDE of the car WHILST im negotiating a 80km/h drift, its just a touch disconcerning
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a wolf spider living in my car for a while. I finaly got it on my windscreen, but it was outside the range of the whipers, so I got out and flicked it off. Ofcourse, it ran inside my damn door. So I flicked it off again... and you know what? Rather than giving up and hiding somewhere, it ran back TOWARDS my car. Oh well, dead time. *squilch* Goodnight wolfy. Wolf spiders make a very soft crunchy sound when you step on them. And unlike the smaller black spiders, they don't survive too well after having a boot planted on them.
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww poor spider, and all it wanted to do is go crusin witcha,, pple can b so heartless
http://images.lamer.net/autozone.gif
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny that you say that i had a huntsman on my car, and flicked it but unfortunately i flicked it between the wipers and it crawled in the engine bay, i was running late so i just drove off. I dont know how he will survive when im pumping the bass. Laughing

Another funny story about animals is, i was tuning my sound system on the equaliser for about an hour, and i heard hissing near my leg, looked down and saw a red belly black snake next to my leg, i quickly jumped in the car and shut the door Embarassed , then i realised the snake was attracted to the vibrations my subz were making.Very Happy

StephenT Smile
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wel steven looks like u atract all the exotic ones. only animals i get are the pidgeons that poop on my duco, and not to mention the kitten i once took for a drive who pooped on my passenger seats! Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing more terrifying than doing 100km/hr through a twist bit of freeway, you flip the sunvisor down, and a huntsman plops into your lap, leaps into the footwell, and proceeds to scuttle around your bare feet. Shocked

that was in an XR6 - the supra has stayed mercifully free of spiders, except a web that keeps appearing in one of the rear vents. despite copious insect killing spray the web always comes back, but I've never seen the spider
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a nest of ants under my parcel shelf in my VL Calais... You may think that little ants are not too bad but these were those ones that stink something rotten when you squish 'em.

I never really found the nest but the sheer quantity of ants meant it had to be somewhere in the car and the parcel shelf was the only thing I couldn't see under.

Anyhow... Holden sold... Toyota purchased... Problem solved. Grin
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those poor ants! could you imagine spending you whole life trapped in a holden? Shocked you could have been a good samaritan and taken the ants out to live in the toyota, but nope, just left em in ther, tsk tsk tsk, pple are so cruel, i dont know what the world is coming too
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry, I saved a few from the shame and embarrassment. And, boy did they stink when I ended their suffering. Evil or Very Mad

What makes things worse is the car was sold to some drug fucked 17yr old from South Frankston (one of Melbourne's outer suburb shitholes) and has probably written it off by now. They'll be homeless. Confused
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poor ants wel im off~ take care n cyaz!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You some kind of animal activist DrExTc?

I had a huntsman living in my car once. I had a hard time catching him, and didn't want to kill him (my atitude towards huntsmans is different to my attitude towards wolf spiders) so I mostly just left him alone. Anyway, eventualy he made his way onto the outside of my door and I managed to flick him off. By then however, he only have 4 legs, poor thing. Must have gotten the others stuck in various moving parts of my car.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2003 07:24]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am still startled by huntsmen if they are in my car... I don't like them on me but if they are one of the less scary and passive ones.

I love those cute little jumping spiders, they are my favourite. I play with them so they jump everywhere. I have saved lots of them from hysterical women over the years. Very Happy
megan
Regular

December 2002
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,

My fathers MS55 had a portable ant colony living under one of the passenger rear window chrome strips.

The whole strip had an ant colony under it, they even managed to carry dirt up there to.

It was quite a surprise when we changed the rear window.

Cheers.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funniest thing I've seen is when a friend calmy took off his seat belt while we were on Richomnd Rd and hopped out of the car. The problem was we were doing about 70 at the time. No real damage just lots of bark off. All for the spider on the sunvisor.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sat, 06 December 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sat, 06 December 2003 21:19

Funniest thing I've seen is when a friend calmy took off his seat belt while we were on Richomnd Rd and hopped out of the car. The problem was we were doing about 70 at the time. No real damage just lots of bark off. All for the spider on the sunvisor.

Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was little, my grandma was driving me and my brother to school one day when a big huntsman ran out onto the windscreen. My grandma has always been really protective of her grandchildren so when she saw the possible danger of a spider she wound down her window (while doing 60km/h) grabbed the spider and threw it out! Shocked
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woh, go grandma!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I thought... She was 70something years old at the time. Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, people are pansies these days. Even us blokes are getting more and more girly and cowardly. Rather than getting into a fight, there is all this gang beating shit, and stabbings. What happened to the good old fist fight? Fucking socioty is trying to castrate it's men and turn them into fucking "queer eye makeovers".

My $1.10 (don't even get me started on inflation!) Mad
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snakes and shit I am weary of...
But I absolutely hate spiders!!!!!!! Followed by wasps and hornets etc next.

I cannot sleep knowing there is aspifder around and cant stay in my car oif there was one, so far none found in the 86 yet.
I have gotten in heaps of shit going through my multiple tactics wrecing blinds and stuff trying to atch and kill them.

Put it in a chinese contained, then microwave.......
Trust me, after watching this, youd think twice about nuclear war which is seeming inevitable somewhere in the near future....
Til then more spider killing.
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/q You some kind of animal activist DrExTc? /q

nah lad just been my usual crazy self!

/q Funniest thing I've seen is when a friend calmy took off his seat belt while we were on Richomnd Rd and hopped out of the car. The problem was we were doing about 70 at the time. No real damage just lots of bark off. All for the spider on the sunvisor. /q

ok dude i dont get this, did he throw the spider out or did he hop out of the car?

/q Yeah, people are pansies these days. Even us blokes are getting more and more girly and cowardly. Rather than getting into a fight, there is all this gang beating shit, and stabbings. What happened to the good old fist fight? Fucking socioty is trying to castrate it's men and turn them into fucking "queer eye makeovers". /q

dude! wen did this turn in2 a society pansy turning into debate? start a new thread lad!
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 07 December 2003 15:28

Yeah, people are pansies these days. Even us blokes are getting more and more girly and cowardly. Fucking socioty is trying to castrate it's men and turn them into fucking "queer eye makeovers".

i believe the correct term is 'metro-sexual' Laughing

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Sun, 07 December 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spiders scare the shit out of me, but i wont dare kill one. ill side with drextc here.

jumping spiders are cute- Very Happy

i remember in my old corona (paddock bomb, before i loved toyotas) there was a massive huntsman in the door jam. i calmy went to get a broom and relocate him to a nice big tree, but he ran inside my car and up onder the drivers footwell dash bit.

i didnt drive the car for a long time. Very Happy

never saw him again though

Surprised

draven: the spider you never see actually controlls your car- like its soul- and fixes little things in the motor that may go haywire when you're driving. hes a good bloke, dont get him all tripped out on that squirty shit, then he cant fix shit Very Happy Surprised Surprised

Surprised
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Mon, 08 December 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I HATE spiders... I one biggest fear.. I jumped out of a moving car once because I thought there was a spider at my feet.. Problem was... I was the driver... Car crashed into the bin... busted the bin to buggerey.... I was in my driveway..
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Mon, 08 December 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://images.lamer.net/altezzasuper.jpg
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am over spiders. Not really that bad. I always try and relocate them instead of killing them (with a few exceptions). Snakes on the other hand..... if I saw one in my car I think I would jump out of the car no matter how fast it was going.

My mum once just slammed on her breaks and stopped in the middle of the road because of a huntsman in the car. It was quite funny. Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know what it is in my family but both my Grandma's are fearless. My farmer Grandma had Grandpa specially sharpen her spade with a grinder so she could decapitate snakes with it when she saw them. Shocked

Grandpa once shot a snake with his .22 rifle only to find out that it was one of Grandma's black sprinkler pipes that he blasted a hole through. Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.geocities.com/brisbane_spiders/images/Sparas3.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2003 06:53]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.geocities.com/brisbane_spiders/images/wpe31.jpg
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol wel aint this turning in2 a rather intresting topic! ASS ORGY!!!

http://images.lamer.net/a55-rgy.jpg
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am i glad all these pictures are red Xs???

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2003 08:57]

DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure, they work for me!

heres the link

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrExTc wrote on Tue, 09 December 2003 19:58

im not sure, they work for me!

heres the link

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

so lame. i love it.
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wonderful, then my work here is done

http://www.offroadimages.com.au/Ontrack-03/221-TonyEliaTYM2GO/TonyPulsar-11_4.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they red x , click on them + " show picture " or copy the url Wink

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:19]

DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes conquest, only it was for insulation batts, once i had a colt and we stuffed it full of batts, there must of been 40 in there! yes 40, now can anyone beat that?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just opened the pic links... WTF did they have to do with the topic? (other than the 2 spider ones). Confused
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Tue, 09 December 2003 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jus me n my twisted ways simdog, me n my twisted ways. Evil or Very Mad oh btw heres a pic that has to do with the insulation batts in my colt (4 Conquest) Very Happy

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADLAp4SZGS0yYNzitwaKKWQeK757I!V!HVu2S4elIRrIwMhLcKHClXdYBlGezx93UnRDo1IfVoVzaMhwxY!8fpdaZvtian13ac4V7WQqcQ/da%20colt.JPG?dc=4675450585489572992
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Wed, 10 December 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:20]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Wed, 10 December 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had five grown people in my car plus a full boot. Smile It was quite full and not that comfortable I expect. Very Happy
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: My car as a mobile home for spiders.. Wed, 10 December 2003 02:55 Go to previous message
oh it was, that pic was wen i had to drive, 4 mates huh?

7, on the way back from utopia, taking the old pacific hiway to avoid police confrontation, only to be confronted by the confrontors i was trying to unconfrontatise from
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ALL R INVITED
Next Topic:what happen to the drift bible thread?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 23:04:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006248950958252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.