Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » which gauge next?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
which gauge next? Thu, 11 December 2003 06:41 Go to next message
i have a boost gauge and a turbo timer that says air/fuel and volts. what next? i would like 3.

i was thinking, water temp, oil temp and a gearbox oil temp? (possible?)
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: which gauge next? Thu, 11 December 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s i have a1jz powered car with an auto. that is why i was thinking gearbox oil temp.

and i have a thermo fan run by a flick switch so i definitely need a water temp.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: which gauge next? Thu, 11 December 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shouldn't your car have a water temperature gauge already? Can't see the point of having two!

My order of preference would be engine oil pressure, engine oil temperature, transmission oil temperature.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: which gauge next? Thu, 11 December 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil press gauge is a MUST have
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it has a water temp gauge but because my thermo fan will be operated by me, i thought it might be a good idea to be a little more exact for when i should turn it on.

thanks for the input.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel Pressure???
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil pressure is v.important. will tell you about engine behaviour and potential issues for turbo (e.g. if has no pressure idling when warm, turbo bearing will fail soon).

with water temp and themo fan, you should get a temp-driven switch so you've got one less thing to constantly worry about. maybe an idiot light to tell you when the fan is operating - so when the factory temp gauge looks high you should see the light come on - otherwise, stop engine and check. You could wire up an override to bypass a thermoswitch but base your use of it on the factory gauge - you'll soon recognise when it's above normal operating temps.

charles.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, a manually operated fan doesn't seem llike a smart idea. Thermostats are cheap, easy to wire up, and work well. Plus they never forget to switch the fan on, but I guarantee you will! Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might change it later on, but it is already installed with my 'idiot proof' light switch so it should be alright for a while. Don't want to change anything that is already working.

i think i will get oil pres., oil temp and gearbox oil temp.

thanks
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 11 December 2003 17:50

Shouldn't your car have a water temperature gauge already? Can't see the point of having two!

nah man like tachos, the more you have the faster it goes... Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: which gauge next? Fri, 12 December 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He should get a "monster temperature gauge" then... with memory recall of course! Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: which gauge next? Sat, 13 December 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got an oil pressure and two oil temp gauges today.

So where abouts would i put the oil temp gauge sender in to measure the gearbox temp? It is an a340e from a Chaser.

Does the idiot light for oil measure temperature or pressure?
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: which gauge next? Sat, 13 December 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do they make noob guages ?
figure theres a fair few ppl out there that need them (no not a dig @ ya bassaholic55)

[Updated on: Sat, 13 December 2003 10:06]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: which gauge next? Sat, 13 December 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a3040 transmissions have a fitting on the RH side from memory for checking the line pressure probably good as any for a temp gauge

Allan
Astroboy007
Regular

October 2003
Re: which gauge next? Sat, 13 December 2003 13:42 Go to previous message
you need a rev gauge at least as big as the steering wheel and mount it on the roof so everybody knows how hard of a sick cunt driver you are
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2TG -> KE20 questions
Next Topic:ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 21:13:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041589736938477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.