Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WTB:st165 airbox for 3sge-gte conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
WTB:st165 airbox for 3sge-gte conversion Thu, 11 December 2003 00:17 Go to next message
Got an st162 and want to add a turbo but i need the airbox off anst165 as the AFM on the airbox is positioned differntly (pointin towards turbo and not throttle body)im not sure if il need both the AFM and box or what so suggestions would be great too. No idea bout prices so if anyone could help out it'd be great. Thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WTB:st165 airbox for 3sge-gte conversion Thu, 11 December 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd definatly need the AFM, but you don't necessarily need the airbox, you could always position the AFM and use a pod filter instead of the box and use some flexipipe to join the AFM to the turbo. This is just another option.

You'd probably have to go flexipipe between the AFM and turbo because to get the 3 sections of pipe required to join these 2 in a factory setup would be rather difficult and expensive, just one section costed me $140 trade or $168 normal and they had to order it from Japan (3 week wait) god know about the other 2 because one of the sections is metal.

-EDIT- Embarassed

Ohh shit sorry I just realized what I said, you may not need an AFM, it depends on your computer. If you use a stock GT4 factory ECU then you will, but if your going to buy an aftermarket and have it tuned it would probably run a MAP sensor rather than an AFM anyway, which would be better.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2003 15:12]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: WTB:st165 airbox for 3sge-gte conversion Fri, 12 December 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know that an aftermarket ECU would be better coz of the tuning capabilities n tuff but not enough funds for that right now. Gonna buy bits at a time then have it all put together at a later date....hopefully. Anyway, my standard AFM wouldnt work would it, id definitely need the Gt4 wouldnt, is that right?Um, i get what u mean bout the brackets n stuff, il check my wreckers n see what they have next week. Hope they have a full stacked one sitting round, that'd be cool. Spose if i did the piping option i could kinda run a CAI then, which wouldnt be such a bad idea. Thanx for the tip mate
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: WTB:st165 airbox for 3sge-gte conversion Fri, 12 December 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know that an aftermarket ECU would be better coz of the tuning capabilities n tuff but not enough funds for that right now. Gonna buy bits at a time then have it all put together at a later date....hopefully. Anyway, my standard AFM wouldnt work would it, id definitely need the Gt4 wouldnt, is that right?Um, i get what u mean bout the brackets n stuff, il check my wreckers n see what they have next week. Hope they have a full stacked one sitting round, that'd be cool. Spose if i did the piping option i could kinda run a CAI then, which wouldnt be such a bad idea. Thanx for the tip mate
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WTB:st165 airbox for 3sge-gte conversion Fri, 12 December 2003 15:14 Go to previous message
I was having a look and thinking about it today and you MAY be able to use your standard AFM you currently have, If you can get a GT4 one, that would probably be better, but yours SHOULD be right. (Note I am not a pro on this so please don't quote me, If you engine blows up it was not my fault Rolling Eyes .)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MAP sensor wanted
Next Topic:GTI COROLLA FRONT SEATS in good condition
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 09:13:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10129714012146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.