Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
my camry and the turbo project Sun, 14 December 2003 07:39 Go to next message
in the link is my Gen 2 camry and on page 4 is pics of my turbo parts and new rims. tell me what you think.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452064/1

i was hoping to have the turbo in over Christmas, but buying the rims set me back. now hoping for it to be in by the 18th for the dyno day

Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Mon, 05 January 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn it, How could i miss this Shocked , your Cam looks sweet man Very Happy , i cant beleive it has such low k's and the condition is real good, also nice rex rimz Very Happy , il see you at some of the next Toyota cruise's. How long will it take to have her running?.

HereS my Fav Pic Smile :
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/452000-452999/452064_17_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/452000-452999/452064_21_full.jpg

See Ya
StephenT Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 05 January 2004 14:05]

crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Fri, 09 January 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the encouragement. yeah hoping to have it up and running in 2-3 months (being realsitic in my time estimates now).
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Fri, 09 January 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice. very original. i like it

mr ke70
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Fri, 09 January 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to show me how to do the custom front grill. Smile
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sat, 10 January 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no prob, i'll show you on the dyno day. caused me some headaches though as i ran up the back of my friend a while ago (just rolling) and it bent the headlight out of wack a teeny bit so the grill doesnt sit straight, and i wanted it straight. but yeah fairly easy.

MR KE70, thanks for support Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2004 06:33]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sat, 10 January 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazy_camry wrote on Sat, 10 January 2004 17:31

yeah no prob, i'll show you on the dyno day. caused me some headaches though as i ran up the back of my friend a while ago (just rolling) and it bent the headlight out of wack a teeny bit so the grill doesnt sit straight, and i wanted it straight. but yeah fairly easy.

MR KE70, thanks for support Smile

No probs, see ya there Very Happy , will you run on the dyno for dyno day?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 11 January 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i'll be running. so iis it next weekend?
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 11 January 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Camry dude, how much did all the parts cost, and how hard was it to set up.
Yeah the dyno day is next weekend
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 11 January 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah next sunday Very Happy , i will be getting toymods membership on the day, il send out PM's to the other camry people to remind them and see if they will come. Smile

Sunday January 18th 2004:

Toymods Dyno Day 8
Proudly Supported by and held at:
Premier Auto Centre.
20 Sunblest Cres. Mt Druitt NSW 2770

Cost:
Members $40 - 2WD, $50 - 4WD.
Non-Members $45 - 2WD, $60 - 4WD.
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 11 January 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Sun, 11 January 2004 15:37

Nice Camry dude, how much did all the parts cost, and how hard was it to set up.
Yeah the dyno day is next weekend

so far i've spent about $3000, and i'm looking to spend about another 2 on intercooler piping and 3" exhaust. it's not in yet, but it shouldnt be too hard to set up, its just bolting on stuff basically, i think the hardest bit will be replacing the oil pump (i've gone with a 3s-gte one, but not neccesary).

smt_007, i should become a member on the day as well
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 07 March 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new pics are up with my new 'bling bling' rims and a few new turbo parts. page 7 onwards (of the link in top post) is the new stuff.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 07 March 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work dude... this is the 3S-FE camry engine?

How much is that Walbro fuel pump? I'm looking to get one for my 3S-GTE (full ST205 setup), but I don't want it to starve of fuel. I need to find out a decent flow rate for my setup first.

Great looking Camry. Very Happy Hope to meet it someday, or even run against it when you got the turbo working (and mine). Laughing
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 07 March 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it's the 3s-fe, auto as well Rolling Eyes

i got the fuel pump as part of a group buy for $160, including shipping from the states, but apparently they can be had for that much anyway. get onto www.performanceforums.com and in the parts for sale search for the walbro group buy thread (its in the past couple of months). one of the posts is where i guy mentions a website (US) where it is the same price roughly.

yeah we''ll have to run, but i'll probably blow my engine, then have to put a st205 in, like you with your Rav Very Happy

thanks for the good words Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: my camry and the turbo project Sun, 07 March 2004 07:36 Go to previous message
I think maybe a 185 setup might do you in the Camry if you want to keep it air-to-air setup. Just as strong, but the 205 is a water-to-air setup and has a bit of an advantage in the gearbox stakes too... Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My TA22
Next Topic:My 02 Toyota Echo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 10:17:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050621032714844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.