Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Sun, 14 December 2003 02:13 Go to next message
Just Jap at Kirrawee have a JZX81 (I think this is right, the one that is a 1JZGTE direct bolt in conversion to MX83 Cressida) auto for sale.

It is labelled wrong as a GZ80 for some reason, but it definitely has a 1J in it.

They're asking $2800.
  Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Sun, 14 December 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too much??
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Mon, 15 December 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone is interested in buying it - I am happy to help towards cost as I need the Radiator, Fan, Fan Shroud etc if you want to run Thermo fan/s
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Mon, 15 December 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
southo take some advice from me please you much know how much shit i've broken till now??? well get yourself a new aftermarket rad from a rad shop forthe mx83 but manual version then get yourself 2 X magna v6 thermo's fit in perfect just alittle chopping around the edges... (get a seperate tranny cooler the bigger the better)
my hydrolic setup siezed, buit up pressure blew the cooler inside the rad which blew apart the rad stuffed the pump and left me with a huge mess. save yourself the headache...
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Mon, 15 December 2003 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm
you make it sound bad.. LOL Laughing Laughing

How did you get around the issue of the Hydraulic pump in the water pump ?

I have heard there is a $200 (approx) Non-Turbo Supra pump that can be used, but then there is a problem of the pully...

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Tue, 16 December 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the problem of the pulley?

Get a new belt if its a length issue
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Tue, 16 December 2003 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could just put the reservoir on the inner guard and circulate the oil through it rather then running it to the fan. Then run the electric fans as suggested. As an alternative find a 1J which didnt run the hydraulic fan and swap the pumps. Thats all I did, but I had 2 engines mind you. One of each sort, and just swapped the pumps and housings over when I did the timing belt.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Tue, 16 December 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only problem with swapping the water pumps over is sourcing a 2JZ water pump pulley or equivilant with the 4 bolt pattern. It's very difficult, im still trying to find one after a few months and I'm not the only one.

If anyone has one or can help me find one, i would be very appreciative.
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Tue, 16 December 2003 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish,
- Yep, that's what I am hearing..
Short of having one custom made by an engineering workshop, I am facing the same long search... I would prefer to use all factory parts if possible.

How many do you know looking for a suitable alternative ?? - I might look further into getting them made if I can not go the preferred route.

Soarer21,
- If the Hydraulic fan is not going to be used, then I don't want the redundant hoses and reserviors cluttering up the already tight and cluttered engine bay.

The main reason for wanting to run the original gear is that is the way the manufacturer has designed it - and 9 times out of 10, factory works better. The fan and shroud is designed to draw air thru the entire radiaror, not just the actual diameter of the thermo fans. Bearing in mind that there will be a big Air Con condensor and Intercooler all in front of it as well, so it will need to be able to draw as much air as possible if it's to remain a truly practical daily driver in Sydney Traffic.

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Tue, 16 December 2003 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far Draven and myself, Im not sure if GiantTomato is organising some sort of custom made job yet or not.

It's urget for me now.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2003 15:34]

Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Wed, 17 December 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both of those half cuts have now been sold ....

One to Melbourne, one to Newcastle....

anyone on here happen to buy one of them and interested in selling the Radiator, Fan and shroud ???

also, may need the Air conditioning pipes /hoses too....

Thanks

squeak
Regular

November 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Wed, 17 December 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jason, having done this conversion and changed from hyd fan to thermo fans and used the soarer water pump plus drive pulley and original serpentine belt.Temp sits approx 1/2 way up gauge (have had radiator rebuilt) with air on in sydney traffic. Still have the original fan (hyd) and pump (rebuilt). pump was approx $160 from castle hill Toyota and $50 for pulley.sorry used shroud as 16 inch thermo fan sits perfectly inside shroud.

peter
pimp1j
Regular

November 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Wed, 17 December 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i did was get a soarer pully ... can't u 2j boys do that too??

There are heaps of busted 1j's around.. just put a soarer water pump like i did and add a 1j's pully! Smile Fixed.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Wed, 17 December 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm just recirculating it dont worri you forget about it when your boosting around Smile but yeah i know of 2 convos with soara pumps in em... i'm using v6 magna fans with the shouds turned sidways mine sits below half thrashing it on a hot day im happ with this set up mind you i have the rad, condensor, tranny cooler and a 150mm thick bar and plate FMIC hows that for putting it to the test :)this setup works very well for me the hydrolic system would never get close to this

ohh and look at the cooling systems in the JZX90 and newer soara's they have switched to thermos as well
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Wed, 17 December 2003 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
150mm thick bar and plate intercooler?

did you have to out heavy duty springs in it to lift the front back of the ground
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Thu, 18 December 2003 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pimp1j: If you can get one, buy it for me and i'll pay you back! If it's the 4 bolt pattern pulley. My new pump IS NOT the hydro fan style pump with the single bolt through it.

Cheers.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Thu, 18 December 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I rang Castle Hill Toyota and like every parts department in Australia the pulley is $185 and has to be ordered from Brisbane as there is one left. That is the same price as a new waterpump! How did you get yours so cheap squeek?
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Thu, 18 December 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing nah just took the rears out Shocked Very Happy its a fat cooler though and fits in well behind the front bar ...just...
squeak
Regular

November 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Fri, 19 December 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine was second hand.So $50 was cheap.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Fri, 19 December 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy a toasted 2jzge for the pulley and part it out
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Fri, 19 December 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a good idea BlackSupra. But finding one with the pulley still on it brings us back to the same problem. I have now called every wrecker in Australia. The only way to get this is fork out $185 new, or order a second hand one from the States. I'm going to order the second hand one for $100 Australian delivered unless something else omes up very fast. Very very sad.

Thanks.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Fri, 19 December 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speak to Norbie, I believe he did the he did something with changing over fans or something.

Also, PM Giant tomato re: the 2jzge stuff, he may be able to help
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Fri, 19 December 2003 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can supply new 2JZGE water pump pulleys for $75 + postage. None will be available before January 5 2004.

PS: Now taking orders! Very Happy

Edit: added corrected price.

These are made out of steel and have been tested to 8000 rpm.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 December 2003 05:24]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Sat, 20 December 2003 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And how much for the power steering underdrive pulley? Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Sat, 20 December 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little more as it has to be splined. PS pulley is around 250 from Toyota.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Sat, 20 December 2003 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics of 2JZGE water pump pulley.

Attachment: Picture 023.jpg
(Size: 28.79KB, Downloaded 32 time(s))
Attachment: Picture 024.jpg
(Size: 25.76KB, Downloaded 24 time(s))

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Sun, 21 December 2003 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if that halfcut has a front bumper on it Evil or Very Mad
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: JZX81 half cut at Just Jap Mon, 22 December 2003 13:08 Go to previous message
I believe the bumper was still on it, but can't remember what condition.
PM BigFella73, he might know as his half cut is sitting right beside it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:100kW 4AGE & FWD box
Next Topic:Gearbox and info needed asap
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 02:48:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12588000297546 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.