Toymods » General Car Talk » Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRG
Regular

June 2002
icon14.gif  Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Tue, 16 December 2003 17:26 Go to next message
How fast is his car in the 1/4?
here a pic of it at Calder Park Off-Street Drags.
http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmeets/2003/calder_03_12_2/calder_03_12_2_003b.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Tue, 16 December 2003 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We only got 4 runs in and it ran a 12.5 @ 124mph in full street trim so 35psi tyre presure exhaust etc 0.8bar boost

I also missed 2 of my time slips and on one run i ran 2-3 car lengths of the Blue XR6 ute that ran a 11.3 @ 126mph on MT slicks but unless you got a time card you can't count this

just dropped tyre pressure's and turned up the boost and the rain dumped so meeting was canceled

mind you I'm not sure if it would of helped as 60ft times where shocking 2.1 & 2.3

I will run it again next year as i really enjoyed myself also I have to whip the motor out and give it a freshen up the ring lands are a bit tied,... 2 cylinders not much compression/heaps of blow by
100k+ bottom end none rebuilt it's about time it had some attention

J

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2003 22:42]

TurboRG
Regular

June 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Tue, 16 December 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good job!!!!!
I can't be there. But, I'm trying to watch as
much as I can from here.
It looks like you now have a low to mid 10 second car!!! Shocked
can you give a Up date?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Tue, 16 December 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ FTE wrote on Wed, 17 December 2003 07:39

mind you I'm not sure if it would of helped as 60ft times where shocking 2.1 & 2.3

I wouldn't call that shocking, in fact that's pretty decent for street tyres.

My last run at the drags however was rather shocking in that department... I did a woeful 2.7, but somehow still managed a 12.49 ET!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Tue, 16 December 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jamie,

I was lucky enough to hear this car before it was fully hooked up, and did it sound sweet or what.

If anyone gets to have a look at this car, the workmanship is OUTSTANDING, and that is being modest.

The tyres are on the small side, so god knows what it will do with wider and grippier rubber

Well done Jamie

Cheers

Michael Bachmann
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Tue, 16 December 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easily enough MPH for a low 11 there.
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I will run it again next year as i really enjoyed myself also I have to whip the motor out and give it a freshen up the ring lands are a bit tied,... 2 cylinders not much compression/heaps of blow by

needs a rebuild?

thats a bit disturbing when your only running .8bar. What happend to the reputation for durability that the 1uz supposedly has?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisss wrote on Wed, 17 December 2003 13:02

Quote:

needs a rebuild?

thats a bit disturbing when your only running .8bar. What happend to the reputation for durability that the 1uz supposedly has?

ummmm 100,000km for a boosted engine that has done a lot of devlopment/dyno time is VERY good,

I have not seen any dyno results but im guessing its puting out a bit more then a stock engine Razz

Allan
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys thanks for the compliments Smile

Norbie
I will take you word for it that they are good times on street tyres as most the guys on the night had MT Slicks and where getting 1.6 and even 1.2 60ft times

Second gear was actually the biggest problem for traction,...
I think you would suffer the same problem Norbie ?

I would love to run it on slicks but i'm shit scared that i would destroy the whole driveline Sad

Chrisss
I have never stated that the 1u has good durability ??
Must say that it is a lovley motor though like most modern motor
Ummm and as for .8 bar boost it has seen 1.8 bar i was just running .8 bar on the day lowest setting for the first few runs
I think the main problem has come from me trying to run to much advance,..... on occasions i have heard pinging which i beleive has destroyed the ring lands on 2 cylinders,.......I will know shortly

thanks
J

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep up the good work mate! sounds like a mega animal that is for sure!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ FTE wrote on Wed, 17 December 2003 13:08

Second gear was actually the biggest problem for traction,...
I think you would suffer the same problem Norbie ?

Yes you are quite correct. First gear is over so quickly the turbos don't have enough time to build up much boost, but they hit full boost in second and then it's wheelspin city! I've just installed a new LSD and taller diff gears so I reckon that shouldn't be so much of a problem now... I'm off to the drags again soon to find out. Smile
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie: Instead of installing taller diff gears, you should have just taken off in 3rd for traction Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having seen jamies car up close - i gotta say its the finest ta22 , or modified car ive seen to date ..

your work is top grade jamie - im glad that its only going to get stronger and stronger Smile

As for the power output - i can confuidently say - jamies ta22 puts out to the ground what most HSV guys dreeam of having at the flywheel Wink

its a beast - no two words about it Smile
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ FTE wrote on Wed, 17 December 2003 14:08

N
Chrisss
I have never stated that the 1u has good durability ??

*scratches head*

With respect, surely you must have had the engine's reputation in mind when you built the thing???

IMHO (biased, though it may be Razz ), I think it is one of the most durable engines on the planet. Anecdotal evidence suggests that, even in turboed applications, it will outlast most other stock (ie. non de-compressed or re-built) engines.

The experience of the Lextreme blokes would tend to back this up.

BTW. Nice effort at the drags. Every time I see/hear about the Celica, I'm tempted to "throw a blower" on the 1UZ in the Cressida! (Last word in "Pimpin' "!!! Laughing )
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beautifully put together car.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Wed, 17 December 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet car for sure!

BTW do you know Ivan from clarke automotive in Albury he has talked about your celica...I think.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car........

my god......

sex on wheels....... Shocked
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MUCH HORN!
bubs
Regular

November 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do you go for more pics Shocked

i wanna see more Evil or Very Mad
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

biased99 said:
With respect, surely you must have had the engine's reputation in mind when you built the thing???

i don't think you know how long this car has been under development. when Jamie ditched the baby hemi for the 1U, they they had not gained the reputation they have today... they were still relatively unknown. what i am saying is, he did not really follow anyone, or any reputation... he just bought a couple of these motors and had a go. Jamie is the kind of car enthusiast who creates reputations, rather than following them. think about it... while everyone is dreaming off blown/TT 1U's, this guy has 'been there' and 'done that'... and now he is trying something else. on another subject, i am in ACT and i would love to see your 1U setup sometime, biased. sounds very unassuming!

Quote:

ta23 said:
BTW do you know Ivan from clarke automotive in Albury he has talked about your celica

this car has spent a lot of time at Ivans workshop in Wodonga, throughout its many incarnations. Ivan is another mad scientist. between him and Jamie you need to be careful... they will turbocharge your mother if you give them the chance.

Quote:

1UZ FTE said:
I have to whip the motor out

... again???!!! you know i have told you many many times, that car really is a busted-arse piece of shit! Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 18 December 2003 03:19]

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norminator wrote on Thu, 18 December 2003 14:13

Quote:

biased99 said:

i don't think you know how long this car has been under development. when Jamie ditched the baby hemi for the 1U, they they had not gained the reputation they have today... they were still relatively unknown. what i am saying is, he did not really follow anyone, or any reputation... he just bought a couple of these motors and had a go. Jamie is the kind of car enthusiast who creates reputations, rather than following them. think about it... while everyone is dreaming off blown/TT 1U's, this guy has 'been there' and 'done that'... and now he is trying something else.

Good point. It does seem that it's been around a while... Smile (It was certainly the first turbo'd 1UZ I'd heard of in Oz...)

Quote:

on another subject, i am in ACT and i would love to see your 1U setup sometime, biased. sounds very unassuming!

Thanks. We've tried to keep it "understated", while improving the go/handling departments. Keep an eye out for the Canberra Celica Group (CCG) outings in the new year (often posted in the ACT section), as I'll be attending a few of them. (Went out to the photo shoot they had on Sunday - some nice Toyotas in that lot! Shocked )

supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Jamie that really is cool. Can you post some pics with the 1uz as I've only seen it in magazines with the old hemi in it and I'd love to see the new set up, or if there are already some posted, directions please.
Rich
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clicky clicky.

The previous setup. I don't have any pics of the 4V TT setup or the current single turbo setup.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Jamie Heritage 1UZFTE celica Thu, 18 December 2003 22:38 Go to previous message
1UZ FTE wrote on Wed, 17 December 2003 14:08

Ummm and as for .8 bar boost it has seen 1.8 bar i was just running

1.8 bar!! wholly sheeet 25psi! Shocked Shocked

And yes, Jamie's car is a credit to toyotas and to toymods. Also the inspiration for a lot of other cars, including one black supra Rolling Eyes Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toughest RA28 EVER
Next Topic:A Lesson in Acceleration
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 17:05:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08920693397522 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.