Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1G-GZE Major Fitting Help Needed !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon4.gif  1G-GZE Major Fitting Help Needed ! Tue, 16 December 2003 23:45 Go to next message
Hi all.
I need some serious help please.
I was up to half past midnight last night trying to bolt my 1G-GZE to my RA23. It does not fit........... Sad
I'm using the standard RA23/18R engine crossmember, the 1G NA engine brackets (steel units not alloy) bolted to the forward position on the block, and a pair of Nissan 720 petrol rubber mounts which are exactly the same as 18R ones except they are 5mm thicker each. (Am not keen at this stage to use 10mm spacer plates).
The sump is a mid-rear one modified to clear the steering link which is does nicely.
While I can get the right side to bolt up, the other is 15mm away and the engine sits way too high, I have 90mm clearance between the bottom of the sump and the top of the engine crossmember!
Please please please - can those who have done this mod chime in. What vertical clearance do you have between the bottom of your sump and the top of the crossmember ?
If I use just 18R rubber mounts only I will be further away and just as high (centre of gravity) with regard to bolting it together.
Thanks lads - all help appreciated.
Cheers,
Mitch.
Perth WA.
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 1G-GZE Major Fitting Help Needed ! Wed, 17 December 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You forgot to ask those people running with spacers if they run them on both engine mounts or only the LHS, and if everyone running this combo with the supra gearbox has the stick back mounting shifter?!?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-GZE Major Fitting Help Needed ! Wed, 17 December 2003 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are right - my brain is still fried.
Can anyone help please ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GZE Major Fitting Help Needed ! Wed, 17 December 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch,

you should of called me! Ring me tonight and we'll talk through it. I forgot to take photos (as I said I would!) so will take some and get them over to you ASAP.

Grant
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-GZE Major Fitting Help Needed ! Wed, 17 December 2003 02:14 Go to previous message
Thanks Grant, I will give you a bell tonight. I'm just loathe to call and hassle you with stuff that I should be able to do myself, and especially after all the help you have given me already. I did send you an e-mail at work explaining a bit more of the problem.
Catch you tonight mate, and thanks.
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: ke10 brake upgrade
Next Topic:1UZFE transmission oil pressure
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 18:16:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0030531883239746 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.