Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Thu, 18 December 2003 11:39 Go to next message
Hi if you have purchased a vehicle from an import joint like J-Spec or Prestige Motorsport, can you tell me what I need to look out for ? Catches etc...

Thanks Les
  Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Thu, 18 December 2003 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-bump~
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Thu, 18 December 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Fri, 19 December 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have. Everything will be explained to you properly so there arent any catches there. The biggest catch is buying a car that you have never seen in the flesh, heard running or driven. However having done it myself i would recommend it to anyone.
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Fri, 19 December 2003 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can only say i've half had experience with j-spec. It was my friend who bought a car thru them, but I was with him. So far everything has been exactly what they said would.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Sat, 20 December 2003 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everytime i call them and ask them to explain to me... they guy has had no fcking idea !!!!

maybe im speaking to the new guy there or sumthing..
jabtronic
Regular

July 2003
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Sun, 21 December 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well most of the info is on the website anyway.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Sun, 21 December 2003 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So u are telling me that hardly anyone on toymods has purchased an import in this way !??!?

COme on guys ! gimme some feedback ! Shocked
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Mon, 22 December 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had my car imported through jspec

craig and gareth are good guys and my car is as they said and was delivered as they said on time in good nick. good guys with a good business!

i dont know who your talking to on the phone but those 2 guys know their stuff, very helpful, good communication, and always helped me out with my newbie questions... however dumb they were

ask questions, i can fill you in
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Tue, 23 December 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long did u have to wait from the 1st day u called to purchase ?
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Tue, 23 December 2003 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contact Geoff from Prestige Motorsport, He will help you heaps, and answer all your questions.

www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

well known for his great customer service. Tell Geoff that Kristian from Japanese Import Parts recommended him.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2003 15:16]

SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Tue, 23 December 2003 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops, it is

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Tue, 23 December 2003 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend just imported a silvia through prestige. Service and everything was good and geoff was heeps helpfull, all good except for the wrong wheels but eh Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Wed, 24 December 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang > a while. 5 months? i did wait 3.5 months for the right car. then i had to wait for it to go onto a ship. in which i postponed it a few times coz of my cash situation
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Thu, 25 December 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its quite a wait..............................
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Thu, 25 December 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well say u have a car u want

you bid and win on a vehicle
2 weeks for transport to docks
5 weeks for sea transport
1 week customs

done

then rego and shits

not that bad just i was picky
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Thu, 25 December 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so usually, its a 2 monthish process...

thats ok i guess, u could spend 2 months just shopping around in sydney for the right one and at the right price i guess .. ?

how come u didnt buy your ae86 here ?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Fri, 26 December 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coz no one had the kind of ae86 i wanted

kouki trueno gtv

plus i wanted JDM parts aswell Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Fri, 26 December 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm ok hehe
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Sun, 28 December 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 25 December 2003 20:11

1 week customs

done

5 weeks for sea transport ??

Dude, It only takes the ship about 12 days to get to Japan to Australia, not 5 weeks.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Sun, 28 December 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 25 December 2003 20:11

1 week customs

done

5 weeks for sea transport ??

Dude, It only takes the ship about 12 days to get FROM Japan TO Australia, not 5 weeks.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Mon, 29 December 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehh

5 weeks 12 days meh
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Mon, 29 December 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have any pics of your car ae86drift.. ive got a mate very interested in getting an ae86 trueno at the moment. he will probably look at importing one himself, i wanna show him what sort of quality you can get.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Mon, 29 December 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres earlwood? i can give you a first hand look at one

Very Happy haahah
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Who has purchased from an importing place i.e. J-Spec Mon, 29 December 2003 10:14 Go to previous message
canterbury area.. he lives in auburn Smiley =
hes a nismo boy finally seeing the light Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Things to do to wifey new toy
Next Topic:....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 07:54:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13787007331848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.