Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pete
Regular

May 2002

Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 06 August 2002 09:27 Go to next message
As Above, Is there a bellhousing to do this??

Or is custom the go.(New Project)

Is 200RWKW attainable with a 4AG with a turbo?? The motor must be reliable, if not i will use a CA18DET.
  Send a private message to this user    
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 06 August 2002 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dellows do a bellhousing, costs a fair bit i think.
Problem is the W58 is too demanding on the 4ag and it suffers down low like a 20kg flywheel.

A friend of mine knows a guy who puts race gear sets into standard sprinter boxes which works out cheaper and easier and more effective. You dont need the expensive bell housing, the cost of a w58 and a custom cross member either.
He has been doing it for years and apparently they are very strong, great for circuit racing.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 06 August 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes 200kw is attainable out of a turbo 4a... but id go a gze not a ge Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 06 August 2002 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, well I've just been treated to a little of Dellow's famous customer service skills, 3 weeks and *apparently* my bellhousing is in the mail. Which is doing pretty well I understand? I decided to shove on a W box after ripping all the teeth clean off 2nd on my T50. I'll letcha's know how it is if I ever get the bloody housing!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 06 August 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and the 200rwkw? I'll letcha know after I get my gearbox in, along with all the other crap I'm getting soon (bigger turbo, cooler, fuel system) - and then inform the world how long it takes for me to bust it!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Thu, 08 August 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'm still in a state of utter disbelief - my dellows bellhousing actually arrived today! 6 days after paying for it, what can I say, I'm impressed...

Other thing is, the casting looks worse than the ones I used to make when I was at school. ROUGH as GUTS!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Thu, 08 August 2002 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time to get put the dremel to smooth off the castings
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Thu, 08 August 2002 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the cost of the bloody thing, maybe I should keep the filings and see if Dellows will buy 'em back??..
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Thu, 08 August 2002 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin:

does the 4AGZE flywheel & clutch assembly fit inside the dellow bellhousing?

Cheers

PHil
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Thu, 08 August 2002 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I understand, not quite, but can quite easily with a few minutes of light grinding. I'll letcha know tomorrow when I try it for my own interest!
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Thu, 08 August 2002 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a picture of one, from Japan.

http://www.billzilla.org/4AGE-W55.jpg

At Y80,000, it's cheap as chips. *

*Chips being defined as bloody expensive Wink
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Sat, 10 August 2002 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yah. I looked into that as a possibility, before discovering that we must be in the middle of the Great Potato Famine or something (hey at least my name is irish!), with the price of chips these days making fried bread an almost worthy alternative. (Actually, the casting work on the Dellow's one does have a texture with an uncanny similiarity to bread, the real crumbly stuff..)
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Sat, 10 August 2002 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This may be a silly question,

but as there seems to be an issue with the 4AGZE clutch fitting or clearing the Dellow bell housing, is there any reason why you are not able to use the flywheel and cluth assembly of an n/a 4AGE?

Just interested for my own reference.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Sun, 11 August 2002 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, you can use a 4AGE flywheel, but it would be nice to have the larger 4AGZE one if it were possible to fit in the bellhousing
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Wed, 28 August 2002 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just how much are these Dellows 4A-G to W-box bellhousings worth?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Wed, 28 August 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I rang them a couple of weeks ago, $475 for a bare bellhousing (OUCH!). they can supply extras like clutch fork, slave cylinder etc etc, but at a cost.

They didnt mention if they fit both the W55 and W57-58 boxes though.!? or if you could get the slave cylinder on either the driver or passenger side.

Phil
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Wed, 28 August 2002 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$475, for a lump of metal, Jesus Christ.

I dont suppose there much in the way of options though is there.

I might 'ave a look at that Racing Gear set in the Std case option that SUPRAGTE was talking about.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 August 2002 11:14]

inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
getting out the shovel here Very Happy

So... if im fitting a 4AGZE and wanted to put a W55 supra box in im going to need a bigger/custom bell housing... are these guys Dellows the only ones that have them?

to fit it to the 4AGZE i could also use a 4AGE clutch and flywheel?

how much are these racing gear sets for T50s?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't go Dellow - all i have ever heard about them is pure dried shit

Steve-ae86 had a group buy a while ago
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... what other options are available? most the threads ive searched thru have all been dellows.

are there any local melbourne places that anyone could recommend?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe steve was getting 'nightparts' or 'niteparts' housings
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy scaborous camel testicles batman, oldest thread ever Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is with you and Camels this week?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno - they're ugly & cranky, therefore cool.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone goes on about how bad the dellow housings are, but has anyone ever had one break or anything?

Admitadly mine was a little rough bit it wasnt anything to cry about, it's only a bell housing and lets face it there is not alot of choice out there Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thing with dellows is not just that people complain about their dodgy looking work (i cant comment personally) its that they are extremely rude and unhelpful. very poor customer service imo.
irishtwincam
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86/tech/4A-G_W_bel_hou sing/

We supply this from Malaysia.
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah its old but hey... it sure beats the "OMG U NOOB USE THE SEARCH!!! FFS GG STFU ~!!@)(&!*(^%!"

Very Happy

these niteparts, nightparts are they local or from overseas? any linkage for me to check em out?

irish - how much shipped to melbourne? and what else is required to fit it? ie. different clutch? any other parts? if other bits are needed can you suplpy a kit?

sorry for all the questions
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 16:23

the thing with dellows is not just that people complain about their dodgy looking work (i cant comment personally) its that they are extremely rude and unhelpful. very poor customer service imo.

Yeah you are definitely right there, i aint arguing.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Tue, 14 June 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a bad experience too, my mate wanted a 13bt to w50 houseing, they quoted a price, he thought about it, then my mate gave his CC and asked for me to order it {i had a phone at work} then they decided to tell me i needed one of their special forks at $400 extra, needless to say he's currently installing a full 1JZ and manual setup Surprised
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Wed, 15 June 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dellow Are The Biggest bunch of wanks to ever walk the face of the earth!!! (the ol guys ok But the cocked eyed bloke is and Ass Wipe)

Oh and their housings lick balls!!!

It wont fit the bigger fly wheels and I had to shave it to fit the "86kw" flywheel... aside from that i had to rip it out twice cause of a stiicky clutch because they dont friggin sit straight , sorted that with a floating thrust bearing... kinda.
The fact that it wont line up straight means I had to cut the tunnel to allow a decent amount of clearance space for the shifter...
aswell as having to get custom gbox mounts made up cause they cant get the damn thing level or straight!!!

You'd think that with the amount you pay for the damned thing it would atlest clear the bloody flywheel and line up straight!!!
GHEY!!!! Mad Mad

if you didnt notice... i speak from expierience
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Wed, 15 June 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inark wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 19:01

these niteparts, nightparts are they local or from overseas? any linkage for me to check em out?

Company is called Niteparts, they are in New Zealand, I bought a W58-4AG(ZT)E bellhousing from them a few months back, it was around $800, expensive yes I know, but seemed to be the best quality, the customer service was great expecially since they are like 5000km's away lol, and I'll be able to fit my 4agze flywheel and big clutch inside it.

I haven't put it the gearbox in the car yet so the clutch and that also aren't in yet, but I bolted the bellhousing upto the gearbox and it fits like a mother-fucking glove lol. Laughing

I don't think they're web site is up, but here is an email address you can contact them via:

brendan@niteparts.co.nz

Good luck, Daniel. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Can a W58 be bolted to a 4AGE?? Wed, 15 June 2005 12:01 Go to previous message
im suprized fatmr2 hasnt appeard on this thread yet but to answer your q about 200rwkw 4agte thats reliable. There have been people that have done it and there are also roumors of them making that power on standard internals.

Im not thinking 2wice about making 200rwkw on standard internals
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:damn heavy steering
Next Topic:st162 TVIS problems?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 04:21:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12306904792786 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.