Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Toyota steelies with *slightly* different offset?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Toyota steelies with *slightly* different offset? Sat, 27 December 2003 17:29 Go to next message
Am doing a brake conversion and it fouls ever-so-slightly on the wheel. Was hoping there may be some Toyota 14" steelies available in a slightly different offset to my Mark II (Corona).

Does anyone know if any RWD Toyotas came with wheels of a different offset (I know that sprinters, for one, were different)?

My job is made more difficult by the fact that most cars at wreckers have had the wheels removed and welded together to support the body in the air.

What I need is some rims that would sit the wheel out a touch further. If anyone has a recommendation, or even a steelie that I could do a trial fit or measurements with, that would be rather good.

Chasing something in a 14" size, width isn't that important really. Must be a steelie, not an alloy rim (perhaps a spare from a car factory fitted with alloys might be an option).

Ta.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 December 2003 17:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota steelies with *slightly* different offset? Sat, 27 December 2003 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had clearance problems with coil-overs and my stock rims. I use now Datsun Laurel C30? rims for winter tyres and Mitsu Galant(boxy RWD) rims for summer tyres. Both have much more offset on negative side.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota steelies with *slightly* different offset? Sat, 27 December 2003 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Young Jedi, your answer lies with Datsun..... Laughing

Bring a hubcap to make sure it fits.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 December 2003 22:28]

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota steelies with *slightly* different offset? Sun, 28 December 2003 05:50 Go to previous message
Choice!

So something like R30 Skyline rims or something?

If so then 'damn'... we just ditched a complete car at a wrecker a while back.

I know a few datto boys so I'll see if I can pinch a couple of rims off someone and see how I go.

Good thinking on the hubcap Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Crown 72 Question
Next Topic:Autometer Tacho wiring
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 16:23:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13808488845825 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.