Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Vacuum lines.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Vacuum lines. Tue, 30 December 2003 22:08 Go to next message
Guys i've got a major problem with vacuum lines.

i just dont know where they go, if anyone has a pic of their engine bay, or a diagram of how they connect up it would be really helpful.

The problem im having is the car is idleing rough, and stall after driving.

Car is a ae82 with a 4age 100kw. thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: Vacuum lines. Tue, 30 December 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im having the same problem with my 4age bigport i currently have installed on my AE82 ... it stalls even when your rev is coming down from higher rpm ... so every traffic light i have to alwayz heel toe to keep the rev up otherwise it will stall ...

[Updated on: Tue, 30 December 2003 23:26]

AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: Vacuum lines. Tue, 30 December 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can probarbly help you with the bigport.

will post later tonight.
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: Vacuum lines. Wed, 31 December 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really ?? sweet ass ... ill wait for yah ...
Astroboy007
Regular

October 2003
Re: Vacuum lines. Wed, 31 December 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys,

i was having the exact same problem Confused

i went to sci fleet toyota, the parts division and the dude gave me a schematic of the vacuum lines, very helpful people

cheers
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: Vacuum lines. Wed, 31 December 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolo stuff, can you take a photo of the passengers side of your engine bay.
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Vacuum lines. Wed, 31 December 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Glen,
Did you get the references to the drawings I sent you ?

I've been playing with our AE82 bigport (Shane's old one)late yesterday and this morning and it runs sweet as with all the tubes closed off, above and below the opening of the TB. The rotor button disintegrated but that's another story. The top tube closest to the front of the car appears to be an idle up connection. I don't seem to have any of the idle up switches like the 100kw one you got off me. So I just keep it blocked off. There must be an idle up somewhere as it idles around 1500 until warm when it drops progressively to 1000rpm. (It's prbably part of the throttlebody which hascoolant water flowing to it.) I now think the switch you are trying to put in is probably an air con' idle-up which you don't need since you don't have air con'. So just try running it with all the tubes blocked off and see how it goes. If you decide you don't need the switch you got off me, I'm happy to give your money back as I'll keep it for my 100kw project in the future.
Cheers, Phil

AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: Vacuum lines. Wed, 31 December 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil,

Yeah i got the links thanks alot. what happened to the rotor button ?

I've been playing around heaps with the lines. and i've got it to not stall and idle smoothly, but the idle sticks around 1500rpm. and sometimes it slowly climbs to 2000rpm before dropping of to 1500. I repaired the switch on the power steering, and bought some more pipe, i connected it up and that seems to be going fine ( except that it doesn't do much, did you know toyota want $130 for another valve on the power steering ).

The problem i seem to be having is that i have 1/2 the connectors from an 86kw and the engine from a 100kw. The idle up is near the thermostat housing, it works of heat (i think) there's a connector near the thermostat housing that senses the temp and the ecu adjusts the revs accordingly, which might explain y when a corolla runs low on water the idle goes up and down badly.

at the moment i have the 2 lines running from the intake to power steering, I have 1 more line comming from the same place on the back of the intake connecting to that idle up sensor i got from you.

The two connectors on the top of the intake. This is the tricky bit, i have one running to a ( blue colored ) sensor which has 2 plugs on it but the other plug has nothing on it, it's just sucking air from atmosphere ( maybe if i block this one up it will rev normally ) ?

The last one from the top of the intake (small hose) goes to the other connector on the sensor you gave me.

Like i said, seems to run ok. but not well.

I think i might come over and c u on the w/e or in the next few days if you will be home and we can combine some ideas and get a few answers Smile
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Vacuum lines. Wed, 31 December 2003 05:14 Go to previous message
Astro boy,
Do you still hqve the schematic ?
If you can fax it to me I can take a picture of it for posting.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1uzfe into hilux
Next Topic:what uses more fuel?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 18:29:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048608779907227 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.