Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celica28
Regular

May 2002
2T Valve springs Wed, 07 August 2002 07:45 Go to next message
Who has a complete set of 2T valve springs they would like to throw my way?

Phil
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T Valve springs Wed, 07 August 2002 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil i have a few spare heads in myt shed - that are complete - if you just want a old stock set ..

I think one of the heads i have is the earlier style 2t large port heads too

throw me a note back if your interested ..
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2T Valve springs Thu, 08 August 2002 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart,

I really only need the valve springs.

1. Would you be interested in seperating and selling just the springs and if so for how much?

2. If not, how much do you want for the complete 2T head?

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T Valve springs Thu, 08 August 2002 03:24 Go to previous message
hmm - i would prefer to get rid of the head completely - as it would leave me with one bare block i could then send to the dump or whatever ..

I really dont want to seperate it into pieces - cause i have a feeling the head in question is one of the harder to find larger port versions from the EARLY model 2t motors ( 71 - 72 )

It hasnt been reconditioned - but as far as i know its in VGC - i used it for many a year before i swapped to the complete 2TB - and the motor only ever had bottom end issues - the head never let it down - Always Very strong for a 2t - which suprised me ..

Id be happy with say $50 dollars for the complete head + postage if your cool with that - i have 50 on the motor its off - but the bottom ends really not good for anyone unless they wanted to rebore it.

If it IS said larger port head - if you intend to keep your 2t running - and modify it - as i have with the 2tb - It may be worth totally reconditioning the head to go on your block while its seperate .

A slight extra porting + polishing - new valves + valve seats - and a generaly reco would prove worth it in the end. Those 2t heads - when matched to a DECENT carby ( ie webers ) and a decent set of extractors - actually FLOW BETTER than a 2tG does ..
My current motor in my 71 has had this done , matched to a bottom end thats been thoroughly worked over ( ie forgies , balancing , lightened flywheel , higher compression ) and its well capable of producing more than 180 Horsepower at the flywheel ..

Thats well in excess of 90HP extra than the stock 2t motor , and 60HP more than a stock 2TG

Anyway - /end rant - post back if you want the head

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: High Pressure Internal Fuel Pump for my AE86
Next Topic:WTD : Late model GZE piston's and rods
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 13:19:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01436710357666 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.