Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
icon10.gif  Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 00:43 Go to next message
I just visited Beurepairs to get a quote for a sports suspensio kit fully installed on my Corona. I live in Campbelltown and they quoted me $1100 for Pedders lowered Springs sports shocks and wheel allignment.
What do you think of this offer, it think bit too expensive and where would you recommend around the area.
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would recommend never ever ever fitting anything from Pedders or Monroe. Ever. Full stop. I got a set of adj. Koni's and Lovell's springs all round for less than $1000.00 and fitted them with the help of CLG. Shop around - don't buy Pedders.
Cheers,
Mitch.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, avoid Monroe and Pedders like the plague. Source a set of Lovells or Kmac springs, and a set of KYB or if your budget allows, Koni Orange shocks, and assuming you have very little mechanical knowledge or tools, install the rear items yourself, and pay a mechanic to install the fronts. Finish the job off with a wheel alignment, and with the money you save look at an uprated front and rear sway bar too.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i got a quote off pedders for $1260

but after all of your guys comments i'll stay away.

for springs/shocks upper lower ball joints.

so i rang this other join and am getting koni shocks with king springs and the ball joints done + wheel alingment for $1150 Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy ohh yeah

no more boat styles here i come Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1100 ?!

lets see... $260 for king springs all round, $330 for KYB shocks all round.
so they want around $500 in labour and wheel alignment. More, since the pedders items are cheaper (and crapper)
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the best i can get hold of and afford, i dont have a clue when it comes to fitting suspension so i'll leav it to the pro i dont fancy a spring sticking in my head.
you forgot the ball joints and some other bushes to Razz
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your in campbelltown, head on down to whiteline suspension in minto.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Fri, 09 January 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have king springs and monroe GT gas shocks, and at the moment the 6 month old Monroe's are busted on the left side, after racing in the twisties on the old pacific highway Evil or Very Mad. It should be around $600 fitted, or maybe i got a good deal, il say now dont get monroe Gt gas, if you drive your car hard, i will be getting Kyb's or Koni's next.

The monroe GT gas shocks cost $240 for the set so i guess, you get what you pay for compared to $330 Kyb's, which i would have gotten in the first place if i knew about it.

So think about it Set of King Springs = $300, set of Kyb shocks = $330 and thats Labour of $470 if total price was $1100. Razz

I watched the mechanic put it on it look 1/2 hour to do all round, and i paid $220 for Shocks, King Springs $300 and $100 in labour. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 02:00]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Wed, 14 January 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the help, I went to Whiteline at Minto on Monday and was quoted $790 all round for KYB springs and shocks for parts and labour if needed at $70.00 an hour. I am now lokking at buying the parts and then getting them installed by my neighbour who is a mechanic. Should be a bit cheaper.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Suspension help quick Wed, 14 January 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my springs for 250 all up front n back. Installed for 50 king springs. that good?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Wed, 14 January 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50 bucks installation? whoa. were you in like Vietnam?
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Suspension help quick Thu, 15 January 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my set of King Springs off Ebay brand new for $160... then paid my Mechanic to fit them and KYB's at all 4 corners for another $660. And MR2's have Macpherson struts all round (most time consuming)
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Thu, 15 January 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im with Rob, go to whiteline. They did a good job on my mates barina. Not too expense either.
Plus there close for you..... Easy Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suspension help quick Thu, 15 January 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, if you can do it yourself you'll save money on the install and you can spend the money you saved on better gear?! Think about it. Surprised
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Suspension help quick Thu, 15 January 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, i just got some Monroe GT Gas shocks in my car today. They were 189 for the fronts. I already have koni adjustables in the rear. I was going to get KYB's but they didn't have a listing for XT130 Coronas?

My mechanic uses the exact same setup as what i will have in his ta22 race car so it can't be that bad. My car will predominantly be used for drag racing anyway.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Suspension help quick Thu, 15 January 2004 04:57 Go to previous message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 23:44

$50 bucks installation? whoa. were you in like Vietnam?

haha no lol, my mates brother is a mechanic thats why
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KYB shocks
Next Topic:Head gasket on a camry
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 10:04:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15756106376648 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.