Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you roll out past a give-way sign then realise its stalled you dont wana realise the problem of a truck coming towards ya!!

Allan
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twincam_ke20 wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 13:37

no plumb back and it works fine

Quote:

stalled twice since its been one for a month.

Laughing
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing okay, so kinda mixed it up a bit

what i mean is, it has worked fine for about 3 weeks now, only stalled twice in the first week and hasnt done it since
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 stalls in one month would be good for the way Andy's car is driving now
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason this topic keeps going around in circles is that people keep saying the atmo venting one is fine, and then it's not and then it is and then it's not and then it is.....

Argh Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just try it and find out I guess... as long as it isn't going to hurt the car..

anyone know of a good way to seal off the origional holes where the Bosh sits?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't matter which one works better, you should get the plumb-back one regardless. Atmo-venting BOV's are strictly for the rice set.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah Norbie, but for NOW?
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and PLEASE stop calling my car an MA70. It's an MA71... big difference.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MA70 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr Thu, 08 January 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe sorry Leigh, I will update the thread immediately... Very Happy I think the car has like 3 "owners" Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And besides the difference of the number stamped on the firewall what is the difference between ma70 and ma71 then???

Allan
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan, I'm disappointed!

Personally, I would have thought that a turbocharged engine would be a notable difference between the Australian delivered MA70 and MA71. But hey, who am I to nitpick.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Except that demand for the turbo model was so great that Toyota started fitting a lot of turbo engines to the MA70 chassis cars.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Frank Smile

Yes, so there Mr 7M-Brisbane your wrong Razz

Nothing personal of course.

Allan
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're welcome Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheesh. I dont know what to say. This thread has just made me more confused than I was before. Sad
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FFS, just stick it in, you have already got it there.

If it don't work, go get another bosch one, no loss!!

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But it's not that simple. I cannot "just stick it in". Cause I have to change things around in the engine to be able to stick it in. Sad
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wanted to be a post whore too Embarassed
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Thu, 08 January 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.......did we fail comprehension at school Rolling Eyes

Atmo venting BOV = BAD MMKAY
Plumb back BOV (Bosch) = GOOD MMKAY

Sell it, cut your losses and buy another one.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Fri, 09 January 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See that thing in his glove box?? Thats an Apexi S-AFC which has the ability to conpensate electronically for the lack of air being sent back through into the engine

Thats why he can run an atmospheric BOV

Dan
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Fri, 09 January 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn broke ass Razz
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Sun, 11 January 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank said

Except that demand for the turbo model was so great that Toyota started fitting a lot of turbo engines to the MA70 chassis cars.

Not locally.

Allan babbles again

Yes, so there Mr 7M-Brisbane your wrong

You will find that I am not. I was clearly talking about Australian MA70 cars, which were NOT available with the 7MGTE at any stage.

In Japan the 7MGTE was available across the entire model range.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Sun, 11 January 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I first put the 7m in my car I didn't have the factory intake pipe so I used a section of flexible hose and let the factory valve vent straight out. The result I had was the car ran fine for a start but after ten minutes or so of driving the timing started to go out the window.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Sun, 11 January 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be double checking that, I'm only saying it because Allan has a factory turbo MA70... Rolling Eyes
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Sun, 11 January 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same thing anyway WHO CARES

Allan
ChaserJZX100
Regular

July 2003
      wtf is a jabber handle
Re: MA71 7MGTE BOV Installation Grrrrrrr :) Sun, 11 January 2004 13:05 Go to previous message
wheres east99 when you need him!
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE71 gearbox crossmember
Next Topic:cars with 114.3 PCD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 08:14:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01382303237915 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.