Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » Prelude Seats (a Pair)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Prelude Seats (a Pair) Fri, 09 August 2002 11:08 Go to next message
1 Pair of Honda Prelude seats. Already attached to runners to Fit RA28 or xA23.

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Parts/Prelude%20seats.jpg

$300.

Can also Supply rear RA28 seat to match for $100 plus exchange rear seat in Good condition (preferably Black)
  Send a private message to this user    
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sat, 10 August 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what model are they out of?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sat, 10 August 2002 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey pres dude, I'm interested in these!
Got any pics, otherwise when can I check 'em out?
I don't suppose you know if they go any further back than the standard seats?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sat, 10 August 2002 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You really need to make rail extensions to make those long legs of yours comfortable Joel Razz
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey IRA11Y, does that pic in your signature mean that you love hondas?
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day rod,

i have a great condition rear ra28 seat that has been recovered in black velour....

i don't use it as my car has the subs there and is now rego'd as a 2 seater... was going to turn it into a lounge...

if your keen maybe we could figure out some kind of swap... plus cash?

if you are interested let me know....

Cheers
Stew
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in the seats

if they fit xa23's...would they fit into ta22's ????
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate,

Mate the seatsare on xA23 or RA28 Runners so will bolt straight into either of those. The TA22 runners are different so they would have to be adapted to fit a TA22.

Bigworm,

You have mail and the pic is in my first post Smile

tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew the runners were different with the fwd/back lever on the TA22 being on the side and the 23 one under the front. But surely the mounting points on the chassis are the same.
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude,
when u get the seats- what r they like, i'll come ova this week.
Dave
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Sun, 11 August 2002 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanman,

The xA23 seat mounts (on the chassis itself) are alot different to the TA22 ones. They are basically bigger and stronger.

Dave,

Seats are already here mate Smile

dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, prelude seats kick ass..
my family has recently acuired a 89 prelude... one of the best cars i have ever had the prevlage of driving, and it is a manual.. bonus.. not to mention the 4 wheel steer.. it owns.. the only thing i can relate it to is a go-kart.. the steering is so responsive.. and the engine as a bit of power.. as can be expected.. DOHC 2ltr, variable valve timing.. YUMMIE... pitty it is my mums car.. apparently.. (according to her) it isnt allowed to rev past 2.5k hahahahah tis a joke.. she is funny.. and has no idea..
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think the 89 preludes had variable valve timing...

Stil a nice car though
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh, well this one does... according to my dad (has been and still is a mechanic for close to 30 years now... no hard feelings.. i will take is word for it.. Smile
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gen 3 preludes don't have variable valve timing i'm 99% sure unless it's the engine out of a gen 4/5 prelude in which case i'm pretty sure they were all 2.2 litre.

anyway feel free to me tell i'm full of shit if you have a different opinion.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 August 2002 06:58]

TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Rod,

I will assume that you weren't interested in my back seat...
i am still interested in there....
they look pretty neat in the pic.... do they have any holes, burn marks etc?
how do they sit in the car in comparison to the standard seats? height wise mainly...

Where bouts in syd are you?

Cheers
Stew
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stew,

Sorry re the seat mate I just didn't get a chance to reply. The back seat in it is in good condition and we will be having the interior retrimed (eventually) so the rear seat exchange was more for if someone wanted the one that was in it. Mind you that being said would prefer a black one so yeah we could sort something out. Possible be interested in your current front seats as well depending on how the retrimming time frame looks.

The seat did sit a little higher from memory not sure by how much tho, to be honest I sat in them and drove it only once before they came out and I thought they were great. No height worries for me but I'm a bit of a short arse (5'8")

I'm out Mt Druitt way or there abouts anyway.

As for marks there is one small mark on the seat on the left. It actually stands out alot in the pick but is hardly noticable normally. BTW seats are actually a tad darker in real life I think the flash made them look a bit lighter.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Mon, 12 August 2002 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, maxdmg: nah your cool.. i dont really know that much about the preludes.. chances are you know heaps more.. as i said before, no hard feelings Rolling Rolling
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Tue, 13 August 2002 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i understand....
well i'm pretty keen....
The height shouldn't be a prob as i ain't much taller than you.... met you in newy when you picked up that stuff off matt.... that is my 28...

only prob is i'm in newy... getting a chance to see them....

how much darker than the pic you reckon they are?
What seats you planning on using in the front?

Cheers
Stew
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Tue, 13 August 2002 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Add me to the very interested list if any of the previous buyers fall through.

Regards,
Joel
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Wed, 14 August 2002 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

If bigworm doesn't take them then Stew has first option mate but if that goes pear shapped I'll give you a call Smile

On a totally seperate topic do you know if your pump can be run totally submerged (ie in tank) decided to go the whole hog and am cutting the boot floor out for a custom tank and was thinking of using that pump ?

Thanks,

[Updated on: Wed, 14 August 2002 14:00]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Prelude Seats (a Pair) Wed, 14 August 2002 23:13 Go to previous message
Haha ok 'Joel stands patiently in line'.

Not 100% sure about the pump being submersible. I don't see why not though. Might be worth asking PetroJet where I brought it from. Seems to depend who you get on the phone there though if you are going to get a intelligent answer or not.

Be nicer than running prime/lift pump and surge tank.

Cheers
Joel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:15" tyres for sale
Next Topic:Mobile phones?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 22:18:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053927898406982 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.