Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Thu, 28 August 2003 14:42 Go to next message
Hello,

After recently installing my oil catch can I have noticed that some 1JZ's have it where I currently have it set up (A) and other 1JZ's like some pictured in HPI magazine have it set up coming from (B). Which is the correct line to use and why? I'm now thinking that I might swap mine to (B) as it is not pulling any oil or waste from the engine.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/other/DCP_2133marked.jpg

Thanks,

Alex.
  Send a private message to this user    
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Thu, 28 August 2003 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the black hose coming back from the catch can??
If the can has a filter (open top etc..) this is not needed.
If it were a air/oil separator then you would as it would have no vent.

at position B there is a one way valve the stops the engine from pressurizing under boost, you could block this on the inlet manifold and run the black hose to the cam cover and block the turbo inlet pipe.

By doing this the engine will only have the pressure generated in the crankcase to vent out the 2 outlets, no vacumn from the engine will be able to assit this, I think this is why some people use air/oil separator as opposed to vented catch cans.

Hope that makes some sense.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Fri, 29 August 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the black hose in that picture goes to the catch can, as does the clear hose. It is a Greddy type oil/air seperator.

Quote:

at position B there is a one way valve the stops the engine from pressurizing under boost, you could block this on the inlet manifold and run the black hose to the cam cover and block the turbo inlet pipe.

That doesn't really made sense to me. Could you explain in a diagram or picture? Some setups have both A and B going to the catch can like:

http://www.hive.net.au/qik/images/10ded/latest/engine.jpg

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Fri, 29 August 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dang that is one sexy engine bay Surprised
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Fri, 29 August 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In that lovely pic you added both lines from A & B go to the catch can.
That means where your black hose goes from is blocked (the turbo inlet pipe) and the one way valve is removed and the hole in the plenum is blocked and both the cam cover vents go to the catch can, no fumes are sucked out by the engine.

Does you air/oil separator have a open top (filter) or is it sealed??

If it is sealed you have half of the job done, you also need to take the other cam cover vent (by the plenum) and put that into the separator too.

making sense??

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Fri, 29 August 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My catch can is sealed, but it only has 2 inputs, it is a Greddy catch can. So by putting both A and B into the catch can, how will the fumes get sucked out? Or do they just find their way into the can and condense?

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ-GTE Oil Catch Can Lines - Which One? Sat, 24 January 2004 13:05 Go to previous message
Anyone?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20valve 4a-ge into AE86 in Adelaide
Next Topic:which gasket cement to use on manifold
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 14:18:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038290023803711 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.