Toymods » General Car Talk » For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Mon, 26 January 2004 12:40 Go to next message
http://forum.hot4s.com.au/messageview.cfm?catid=17 &threadid=14558

found this when looking around. some guy told another dude to use the standard GZE from an Ae101 to use in his AE86 GZE conversion. now as far as i'm aware, that box is for a font wheel drive. go figure. stupid ricer's
  Send a private message to this user    
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Mon, 26 January 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That forum makes my head hurt. Crying or Very Sad
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Mon, 26 January 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same dude, i got so wound up with that site i had to go out side for a somle just to calm me down. lol. GRRRRRRRR...... stupid ricers. seen one last week, "can i fit 19's on my swift"
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Mon, 26 January 2004 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak *i retract my previous statement*

rice is a good dietry supplement, whats your problem?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2004 21:41]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Mon, 26 January 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

for ease of fitment and greatest performance, the 4AGZE......hands down id say......good torque, good power from a 1.6 L, and always the option to turbocharge them to go like the clappers later on.

...Why would you need to turbo charge it? It has a Supercharger right in there allready.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coz you get more power by taking off the supercharger, and bolting on a turbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course they are gonna be ricer cockheads, its the hot4's site

Quote:

I'm doing the GZE conversion to my sprinter and i'm using the T50 box(which is standered on the sprinter) this box will hold up to 350bhp no prob's

Confused

Quote:

Hi Georgio,

Welcome to the boards.

I'll try to answer your post without sounding like a know-all. Here goes.

If reliability is your main objective, your choice should be to stick with the original engine. Modified engines, replacement engines etc all have their issues. In theory, of course they don't, but in theory, practice is the same as theory.

If however you are after performance, you will sacrifice reliability. If you're only willing to make a small sacrifice, something relatively minor such as an exhaust system might be for you. You might get a 5% increase in torque, depending on other restictions in your system.

If you ignore reliability, and fuel efficiency is your objective, I would guess that the 4AGE would be most fuel efficient, if only because it runs a high compression ratio and often boosted engines run richer than usual mixtures. It will also give you the least torque out of these motors, which will be easiest on the rest of your driveline (gearbox, clutch etc).

I think you may need to redefine your priorities, objectives and constraints, eg:

1. Maximum performance, within a certain budget
2. Maximum performance, within a certain MTBF (eg one breakdown every 2 months)
3. Maximum fuel economy, with a specified target performance (eg power/weight ratio or something else objective)

etc

i dont know about u, but i wouldnt to a conversion to a more powerful motor to get better fuel ecomony Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 12:06

... Are you being serious? Or are you kidding? While I know a turbocharger is actualy better than a Supercharger, I don't think you'll get that much more power out of a turbo without spending a lot.
philmelvin wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 18:43

i dont know about u, but i wouldnt to a conversion to a more powerful motor to get better fuel ecomony

I would, 'cuz I'm a dipshit! Up the displacement, it's the only way to get more power, and it will give you more economy if you get an ECOTEC 3.8ltr v6.... *sigh*
I allways wondered about that... Echotec? On a 3.8ltr engine? Why?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 15:49

CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 12:06

... Are you being serious? Or are you kidding? While I know a turbocharger is actualy better than a Supercharger, I don't think you'll get that much more power out of a turbo without spending a lot.

I'm serious, the stock supercharger runs about 7psi, and maxes out at about 11psi from memory
Where as you can bolt on a turbocharger and run those boosts, if not more, with more efficency
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
because its more economical than the previous series of engines on VNs and VPs (i say MORE economical, that dosent make it good)
nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 18:43

of course they are gonna be ricer cockheads, its the hot4's site

Quote:

Hi Georgio,

Welcome to the boards.

I'll try to answer your post without sounding like a know-all. Here goes....
...etc

i dont know about u, but i wouldnt to a conversion to a more powerful motor to get better fuel ecomony Rolling Eyes

You can hardly call Andy a 'ricer cockhead' for answering the guy's question. In the original post 'Georgio' says:
"The two most important things i want from the engine is fuel efficiency and reliability as i drive long distances. WHich would be the most economical and reliable?"

Give 'Georgio' all the shit you want. But the guy who gave a decent, well informed reply has just finished a mechatronic eng degree @ sydney uni, top of the class. his thesis project was working on the adaptive ECU he's been developing for ages, and has designed from scratch. The guy averaged about 95 or so all through uni, has owned and modded some decent cars, and what he doesn't know about engine management.. blah.

I know this cos i went to uni with him, you could have known it from clicking on adaptronic.com.au in his sig. But no, he must be a cockhead ricer, because he posted on the hot4s forum... Rolling Eyes
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok...

what worries me is, you were in the Hot4s Forum in the first place.... Rolling Eyes
Lil Davo
Regular

August 2003
Re: For those wholike to pay out the ricer ppl Tue, 27 January 2004 14:43 Go to previous message
SprinterBoy wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 23:40

http://forum.hot4s.com.au/messageview.cfm?catid=17 &threadid=14558

found this when looking around. some guy told another dude to use the standard GZE from an Ae101 to use in his AE86 GZE conversion. now as far as i'm aware, that box is for a font wheel drive. go figure. stupid ricer's

actually that was me and my mistake.....when writing that, i was thinking as to what id do dropping a GZE into my ride(ae101 trueno)...rather than use the 20V box, id rather use the GZE box...so apologies for the mistake Embarassed

and since when does making a mistake on a forum, mean your a ricer?

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2004 15:26]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:the 5spd is in!
Next Topic:engine swap from mr2 into other rear wheel drive car?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 04:59:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004472017288208 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.