Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 conversion parts, Help!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
AE86 conversion parts, Help!!! Mon, 26 January 2004 08:32 Go to next message
I wanna do a GZE conversion to my sprinter, the 3SGTE is to much work. I need to know where to get the parts from and also what i need. I've to a little list of what i think i need. Also what susp/brakes do you guys use. thanks. Justin

4AGZE-(which one and where from)
Mallpassi rising rate fuel regulator-
GT28 turbo(or similar)-
Front mount(What size???)-
Oil cooler(what size???)-
Braided fuel lines(1inch)-
Fuel pump(thinking bosch 044?)-
Surge tank 2L-
Microtech MTX8(advice on this plz)-
Custom inlet mainfold-
Custom 3in exhaust-
Dump pipe-

Any thing i missed? let me know, any help is good help.
  Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: AE86 conversion parts, Help!!! Mon, 26 January 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im personnally not a huge fan of surge tanks.

Cut the standard tank open and weld in the baffles and pump off a vn commodore.

Im not 100% sure wether this will flow enough for the gze, but commodore fue; pump upgrades are'nt dear. Just my opinion.

Dont forget your clutch and flywheel combo, this will determine drivability and how long your gearbox will last(depending on your style of driving of course).

Im not sure if its cheaper/better to use an custom inlet manifold, but finding a rwd manifold may not be easy. Each to there own i guess.

And i believe a brake upgrade(at the front at least) will be required for engineering purposes, depending on rules in your state.

Thats about all i can think of right now.

Hope it helps some.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE86 conversion parts, Help!!! Mon, 26 January 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the help anyways. can anybody help me!!! plz???
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE86 conversion parts, Help!!! Mon, 26 January 2004 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 conversion parts, Help!!! Tue, 27 January 2004 01:22 Go to previous message
4AGZE-(which one and where from) any, id youre doing a turbo conversion, low kays and condition are most important, and price.

Mallpassi rising rate fuel regulator- dont see why you would need it, unless you run out of fueling with the stock injectors, its not the best method, but it works. call any performance work shop, theyll probably be able to sell you one.

GT28 turbo(or similar)- supraman is selling hks 2510 and 2540, and someone else is selling a 2530, in for sale on this board.

Front mount(What size???)- go to an import yard and have a look at what you think will fit, depends on how much you wanna spend too.

Oil cooler(what size???)- you dont neccesarilly need one.

Braided fuel lines(1inch)- just get new rubber ones, braided fuel lines are a bit of a toss.

Fuel pump(thinking bosch 044?)- depends on the horse power you want, if its 300 or under, one from a camira would do the trick.

Surge tank 2L- capacity doesnt matter, as far as finding one, theyre everywhere. i had my exhaust shop make my last 2.

Microtech MTX8(advice on this plz)- if thats the one youve decided youre going with, ask 10secRX7 on here, he seems to know his stuff when it comes to them. he also makes surge tanks it seems.

Custom inlet mainfold- just get an anspirated 4ag one from whichever one suits your gze head, big or small port, and have the throttle body fitted to the otherside. if its big, you could try to find an ae86 one, which will be a bolt on.
Custom 3in exhaust- any half decent exhaust shop, you might not need 3" though, but it cant really hurt.

Dump pipe- as above

youll need and manifold for the turbo made, and oil and water feed and return lines for the turbo. supraman has a manifold and turbo AND dump pipe for sale on here too. its trust (mitsubishi) so you wont need water lines for that, which could simplify things. youll also need intake plumbing, and air filter, and wiring done.

ra60 celica brakes(using the entire strut, and control arms, and strut bottom plate) should do for braking.

you never mentioned where you were, so its pretty hard to recomend a supplier for any of these parts.

use your yellow pages, look in "auto parts recyclers".
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter suspension
Next Topic:what dizzy can i use
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 06:54:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.081040859222412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.