Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
icon7.gif  Tech books Tue, 06 August 2002 03:48 Go to next message
I'm fairly new to home mechanics, I understand a bit about how it all works and goes together but am not yet confident enough to pull stuff apart and put it all back together again without doing damage or something nasty. I have only ever stripped down one engine completely (didn't bother to put it all back together yet Rolling ) and sone some minor work on my previous car (sigma).
So can anyone recomend any good texts to get started on doing it properly? I cant find a manual for my car (AE86) and I've been told by a few bookshops that there isn't one made for it. I'll jsut have to find one for another car with the 4Ac... What I really want though is general info on how to do stuff myself, not thats particularly specific to my car...
Any help would be appreciated..
Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: Tech books Tue, 13 August 2002 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this may sound a little weird but try your local TAFE. The reference books they have are pretty good, nothing that is step by step instructions though...only thing I can think of...
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tech books Tue, 13 August 2002 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr supra: thats actually a good idea. As the tafe i go to has heaps of workshop manuals and repair books. And i'm sure they will let you photo copy the pages you need.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tech books Tue, 13 August 2002 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haynes manual 92032(961) covers all rear-wheel corolla's from 1980 thru to 1987, including the AE86 (both 4AGE and 4AC). You should be able to get one ordered in thru a motoring bookshop or else they pop up on e-bay every now and again. I wouldn't pay more than $40 or $50 or so since that is what they cost new from the bookshop. It's got a cutout picture of a T18 on the cover.

rgrds
sam
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tech books Tue, 13 August 2002 21:44 Go to previous message
looks about like this

http://www.haynes.co.uk/inc/viewmanual.asp?mt=9203 2
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply