Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:19 Go to next message
a friend of a friend lost his Ps for a little while for driving with an L plater.

is that right?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:54]

Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you the l plater or the p plater ?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hes the p plater i dunno if you speak english we might be able to shed some light.

did the cops know you where on your p's?
What did they say?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well ... he could be 'fictious'-ly both ... Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:55]

_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
l platers have to be in supervision of a fully licenced driver, that means p platers can't take them for drives
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

she would probably get her l's disqualified for 3 months if they caught her actually driving and pulled her up and you just might get a slap on the wrist because shes driving without a licnece or an instructor, you have to have had your licence for four years till you can teach an l plater.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Four years? I thought it was just a fully licenced driver? Ie, me in 3 months *YAY*!
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont teach a chick in a supra.. --
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28060&start=0&rid=65&S=5d0b47676a6d8 c657db3157984a2a76b

worser and more costly things can happen!

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2004 04:15]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she was cold ey... then how come u guys were not in the back seat ? Laughing
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 14:43

she would probably get her l's disqualified for 3 months if they caught her actually driving and pulled her up and you just might get a slap on the wrist because shes driving without a licnece or an instructor, you have to have had your licence for four years till you can teach an l plater.

If you had L plates on da car, you only get like a 70 buck fine back in my days 4 years ago, cops can only do something if they pull you over they arent allowed to book you without pulling you over,
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
super supra

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:56]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=NiGz=- wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 12:53

cops can only do something if they pull you over they arent allowed to book you without pulling you over

Where did you hear that?
The cops had the right to revoke Ryley's license for what he did.
In WA, you either have to have a FULL license for 4 years (ie, 4 years off your P's), or a license for 5. I can't remember.

Its like if you get caught in your car, while over the limit,with the keys either in your pocket, or in the ignition, then you can be find with intent to drive under the influence.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bitch bitch

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:56]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 13:52

and i'd lose my Ps for a few months or so....

I don't know how it works over east, and I'm not sure if its changed in WA with the new system, but it used to be...

If you lost your license on your P's (ie, dangerous driving, DUI, 12 points etc), the you have to get your L's again and sit the practical test, and then do another 12months on your P's
They didnt automatically hand it back to you after 3 months like they do once you're off your P's

Can anyone shed light on this for the various states? I've got myself curious
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: P and L platers Thu, 29 January 2004 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in perth if a L's plater is caught not driving with a person who has had the license for over 4 years they'll would loose it for like 2 months first time but if your lucky you might just get a caution.

And if you loose your license, you have go all threw the L's test hasard test n all that crap.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: P and L platers Fri, 30 January 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think in NSW you only have to be on your full licence, which is after 3 years on ur Ps.
As for penalties im really not sure what the go in victoria is.
toyoman
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: P and L platers Fri, 30 January 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Qld (and NO it is NOT the "SMART STATE" as our dickhead Glorified Version of a Premier suggests, BTW if you see a QLD number plate with the 'Smart' bit scratched out it's probably mine!)
Anyway, in QLD it is $120 fine and 2 Demerit Points (You get 4 points in total when you are on L's) if you are driving without a licenced driver. No, you don't lose your licence or get it suspended. It is 3 years on a Provisional Licence in QLD and, no we don't have to show L or P Plates because that is intimidating to other drivers!
Hear, hear for a national road & transport regulatory system!!!
BTW I went on a Toymods Cruise on Jan 10 up north from Brisbane and i was driving on my L's. The best way to learn is on your own!
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: P and L platers Sun, 01 February 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I understand, Toymods.org.au is an equal opportunity website, and you don't diss chicks, mmkay? I know a couple of girls I would rather drive my car than me, cause they'd look after it. Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P and L platers Mon, 02 February 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't let anyone else drive my car, just 'cuz I don't hate anyone that much. Very Happy
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: P and L platers Mon, 02 February 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in NSW you only get a $70 fine.
i got caught once, didnt even get fined.
they seem to be pretty lenient.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: P and L platers Mon, 02 February 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Mon, 02 February 2004 14:55

in NSW you only get a $70 fine.
i got caught once, didnt even get fined.
they seem to be pretty lenient.

prob donut shop was about to close needed to get there in time thats why they prob let you off Smile
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: P and L platers Mon, 02 February 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
well not quite, but thats another story
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: P and L platers Tue, 03 February 2004 00:58 Go to previous message
Some cops are to lazy to write out tickets. I was doing 100 in a 80 zone and there was coppers with the Radar Guns they saw my speed and i braked hard they just laughed didnt pull me over

[Updated on: Tue, 03 February 2004 00:59]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 vs ae82???
Next Topic:HELP NEEDED VERY QUICKLY
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 00:16:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057611465454102 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.