AuthorTopic
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
WTB MA61 or MX83 Sun, 01 February 2004 21:45 Go to next message
Just looking for a tidy MA61 engine condition not important
do not one with any rust what so ever and preferably in nsw
willing to spend what ever to get a good straight one WITH NO RUST

or seeing it is getting hard to find a ma61 without rust my mate got me thinking maybe a mx83 will tired me over untill i can get a ma61 without rust

so does anyone know of any MX83's for sale preferably silver or there abouts but its gotta have a moon roof in it

thanks, Nathan

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2004 10:27]

Send a private message to this user    
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Mon, 02 February 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ma61's without rust are as rare as a pope's stiff...

In my opinion you'd be better off going for something a little cheaper and having the rust professionaly removed. Primarily because you are garunteed there will be no more rust... There is no garuntee someone hasnt just splashed paint over it Smile

In the long run you'd be looking at the same cost.

Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: WTB MA61 Mon, 02 February 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know its looking very hard to find one without it, there are a couple around here that have never been near the coast and there is not 1 iota of rust in them but the old buggers dont want to sell them, but ill have to just keep looking i guess or waiting till the old buggers do want to sell them,

maybe ill just look round for a later model supra instead

thanks
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: WTB MA61 Mon, 02 February 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. i've got one for sale.

10/83 model.. technically 84 model.
new paint metallic red with prismatic flake. NO RUST
new engine 26000km's with warrenty bout 1 1/2 years left. and yes it's transferrable to other drivers.
near new tyres on the back. 85% tread left
adjustable rear suspension
sports 13.5" momo replica steering wheel
extractors + 2.25" exhaust
starts first go.
new radiator, alternator, P/s pump, water pump
air con works(well it will on sale. only needs regassing)
power windows, steering, brakes, mirrors
cruise control
body is A1,
engine is better than A1
gearbox rebearinged
new clutch heavy duty

e-mail me for pics. or search in older posts of mine

i'm after

$5500 with RWC, air con regassed, and 25,000 service
or
$5000 as is drive away today.
oh yeah. rego was paid for another 6 months as of 1 month ago.
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: WTB MA61 Wed, 04 February 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it isnt a bad looking ma61 but i was trying to avoid getting one interstate as i would need to get a blue slip done and they can be pretty hard on a car but when im up there next hopefully shouldn't be very long at all ill give you a bell and have a look at it if you still have it

<>start winge<> as you could tell i don't like rust and the last 4 Ive looked at had rust after i was told that there was none or minor that actually had a shit load so it has been about 3000 k's of unnecessary driving <>end winge<>

cheers nathan
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB MA61 Wed, 04 February 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is possible to find them with no rust.. my current one has no rust at all, and on the entire body there is 1 pindent.

and no, it's not for sale Smile
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Thu, 05 February 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrozen_Death wrote on Wed, 04 February 2004 21:48

yeah it isnt a bad looking ma61 but i was trying to avoid getting one interstate as i would need to get a blue slip done and they can be pretty hard on a car but when im up there next hopefully shouldn't be very long at all ill give you a bell and have a look at it if you still have it

<>start winge<> as you could tell i don't like rust and the last 4 Ive looked at had rust after i was told that there was none or minor that actually had a shit load so it has been about 3000 k's of unnecessary driving <>end winge<>

cheers nathan

mate, my car doesnt have a shitload of rust.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB MA61 Thu, 05 February 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lot of the time you wanna find one that has been re-sprayed at some stage of its life. You take the risk they did it as a bodgy to cover rust, but nearly all the true rust-free ones have had a re-spray in their lifetime.
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: WTB MA61 or MX83 Fri, 06 February 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thanks for all the help and direction, as you can tell i do not like rust at all

Nathan
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WTB MA61 or MX83 Fri, 06 February 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can guarantee I have a bigger hatred for rust than you do, 15 months of part-time working on the damn POS making sure the rust is removed properly...and its STILL not on the road Confused
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: WTB MA61 or MX83 Fri, 06 February 2004 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you do you must really hate the shit as i cannot stand it canceris stuff it is, it does nothing but ruin good classics and over all good cars Mad
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WTB MA61 or MX83 Sat, 07 February 2004 00:20 Go to previous message
i never knew how easy it is to hide rust properly
myst car looked as though it had some minor rust(very minor)
but as times gone on, and the rust covering has worn away...i'm starting to find pockets of surface rust here and there Sad

Oh well, hopefully later on in the year i'll be in the position to pull her off the road for some TLC(say hello project car :/)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE35 for Sale
Next Topic:WTB: Project car under $2000 or Damaged AE92 or other
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 08:41:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.085351943969727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.