Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Bizarre event with Autometer Mechanical Water Temp Gauge

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  Bizarre event with Autometer Mechanical Water Temp Gauge Wed, 04 February 2004 23:54 Go to next message
Had to pick my car up from the tuners yesterday arvo to fix up a few electrical gremlins, the biggest being 200 rpm flickerings, which are picked up when running a data log with the Haltech. These flickerings are more than likely due to the trigger wires getting interference from some other wire. Makes the car impossible to tune.

Anyway while driving home i quickly looked at my temp gauge, it was sitting steadily on 200F, then suddenly it flicked to 230F then back to 200F in microseconds. Just wondering what could have caused this spike, the gauge being mechanical and all. My trigger wires run up next to where the gauge plugs into the block, as well as a couple more wires in a loom. About 30mm below the autometer sensor is the electric haltech one, anyone with a 1JZ will know what im talking about. Also the autometer sensor is developing a green scale on it.

Ideas guys? Could the haltech problem and temp gauge spike be linked to one another?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bizarre event with Autometer Mechanical Water Temp Gauge Thu, 05 February 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strange, I'm running a MicroTech and a mechanical Autometer water temp gauge too, I'm not experiencing any problems. They are in similar positions too on the 1JZ. Is there any fluid leaking out of the autometer cable? Maybe you should replace the electric water temp sensor and sheild the wiring if it is exposed.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Bizarre event with Autometer Mechanical Water Temp Gauge Thu, 05 February 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The haltech sensor is also water temp? Below the autometer one which is deveolping green sale. Sounds like a coolant leak that could be dripping and shorting the haltech unit out.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bizarre event with Autometer Mechanical Water Temp Gauge Thu, 05 February 2004 04:38 Go to previous message
Yes the haltech is water temp, it sits below the autometer probe, the autometer probe has the scale. There is no coolant leaks.

Perhaps it's just one of those freak things that cant be explained Shocked. Better run a new length of shielded cable for the trigger when i get home, hopefully this will fix the haltech problem.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7mgte engine numbers
Next Topic:Tip: How to fix your motorized antenna
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 06:35:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003046989440918 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.