Toymods » General Car Talk » I'm a newie with some question~~

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
aron
Newcomer

February 2004

icon5.gif  I'm a newie with some question~~ Thu, 12 February 2004 07:29 Go to next message
hi all...
my friend got a damaged 90's toyota sera auto which imported to Aus in 2000. da damaged parts r front bumper, bonnet, pne side of head light, radiator fan(but da radiator still workin' without leakin'). and the front rack is about 3 inches pushed in. da car still can move n drive well but seems a bit scary. my friend is askin' for 3.5k n i'm decidin' to buy. so what do u guys think about da deal??? is dat worth 3.5k? please give me some opinion... thanx a lot all~~~
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Thu, 12 February 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a grey import , and not locally delivered EVER.. to find parts , unless you can get a front cut to repair it , would be hard to say the least ..

youd be better off buying a corolla or something ..
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Thu, 12 February 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon u should pay no more then 3 i buy alot of damaged cars fix em and sell em.....the radiator support is no biggie...... what you should do contact a panel beater show him the car get a quote then find parts add up all the price and if its cheaper then a non damaged sera off the post then damn yes get it...... ive seen seras sell between $9500 - $13000
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Fri, 13 February 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that true you cant buy cars from the NRMA auction n fix em up and sell em?
aron
Newcomer

February 2004

Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Sun, 15 February 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do u mean by "cant buy cars from the NRMA auction n fix em up and sell em"...???u mean i can't buy n sell them or what?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Sun, 15 February 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on if the car's been stickers as an "un-repairable write-off". if it's VIN re-appears anywhere it'll be flagged as a rebirthed car involved in some kind of illegal activity. these cars are only good for parts There are, luckily, also "repairable write-offs" which don't cause such unpleasantness. (naming may vary from State to State but he process is the same)

regarding your car, when you say 'front rack' are you talking about the steering rack? if so then expect a fair amount of pain/costs making sure the front suspension is kosher.
aron
Newcomer

February 2004

Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Sun, 15 February 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i have to check from RTA or where else???
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Mon, 16 February 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you can buy them but you cant sell em apparently thats what i been hearing
aron
Newcomer

February 2004

Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Thu, 19 February 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so where can i check da car is repairable or unrepairable write-off??? RTA or where else?
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: I'm a newie with some question~~ Thu, 19 February 2004 10:46 Go to previous message
aron wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 21:40

so where can i check da car is repairable or unrepairable write-off??? RTA or where else?

At the auction i remember when i used to go(NRMA), it tells you if it is or not
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Carsales.com
Next Topic:quick wrecker question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 01:20:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052649974822998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.